Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Orbitz.com
US$264
US$254
1,478 results
All reviewsswiss chaletfox bistrothe congresstim hortonsseparate bedroomtoronto airporttrade showpark and flyliving areashuttle servicefree shuttleconvenience storeother hotels in the areaone night staycontinental breakfastmini fridgechecking in
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Although this hotel is close to the airport (you can never forget since the planes shake the hotel every 15 minutes) there are much better choices in the Toronto area. Our room had a broken tub spout, peeling ceiling paint in the bathroom and stains on the carpet. As well the problem of the air conditioner being in the sitting area without a properly working vent into the separate sleeping area. Even though we originally chose this hotel because of the separate sleeping areas, we had to leave the double doors open to the bedroom to even out the frigid living area and the steaming bedroom area. When we checked in, in the afternoon there was a try of room service outside a door right off the elevator, it was still there the next morning. There are however comfy beds (standard sleep number beds that are in all Radisson Suites) the money you think you are saving when booking this hotel doesn't exist after you factor in the parking cost at the hotel and the gas money if driving into downtown Toronto to take part in area attraction.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Birdy2380
EvanKorec, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Greetings Birdy2380,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I have noted the maintenance issues with your suite and will have our team address them for future guests. Our ranking is primarily a result of our commitment to our cleanliness and service but we also pride ourselves on the ability to keep the hotel in great shape so we apologize for this experience.

Our location with respect to the airport means that there will be some planes overhead and a parking fee standard for all hotels in the area. We do have locations in the hotel that are less impacted by the noise and packages that include parking for your future stays – and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I've stayed at this hotel quite a number of times over the last nine years and I've come to quite like it. It's biggest single virtue is that it is right next to the Toronto Congress Centre. If you are attending a trade show, it is about the best spot! The rooms are large, the "Sleep Number" beds are very comfortable, the staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome and at home. The in house restaurant is in the middle of a reno. It used have a quaint, if dated, decor that was nice and quiet. The modernized look is cold and noisy, but I'll see what it is like next year before I go fully thumbs down! There is a Milestones, Swiss Chalet, Kelsey's, Tim Hortons, Arby's and a Sushi joint within crawling distance of the hotel, so while the choices aren't that exciting, at least there are lots of them. There is a Budget rent a car next door, so if you're picking up a rental, that's easy, too! This hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient. If you're in Toronto and have business in the area, I'd recommend it highly!

Room Tip: The Executive floor rooms cost a bit more, but come with breakfast in a separate lounge.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
EvanKorec, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Greetings Michael P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport.
Our proximity to the Toronto Congress Centre is one of our best advantages but we also appreciate you pointing out our other benefits for future travelers. The restaurant renovation is almost complete now and we have also installed new televisions in all of the suites! We look forward to hosting you again for your next stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hi,
I just want to say that I had to cancel my Reservation at this hotel due to the problems I am having in Calgary, AB, caused by the extreme flooding. My reservation had a no cancellation policy, but the front desk staff were extremely concerned with my issue and refunded my total amount. I will be staying there again in the future.
Thanks again...
Patrick

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
EvanKorec, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Hi there P D,

Thank you for your feedback. We just had a major flood of our own and most of our guests were very understanding so I’m glad we were able to make an exception in your case. I hope you’ll keep us in mind if you’re ever returning to the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel 2 nights while attending a conference at Toronto Congress Centre which is conviently located right next door. Front desk staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating. Suite was very large, with completely separate living area and free Wi-Fi. Clean and comfortable. Close to the airport. You will hear planes at any hotel in this area. It is no fault of any individual hotel, so ignore comments that criticize that. Would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it again for future conference accommodation planning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Canadiantraveller095

Hello Canadiantraveller095,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport.

Our neighbours at the Toronto Congress Centre keep us busy and we appreciate all of our conference guests. We are glad you’ll consider us again if you’re ever in need of a leisure stay or other business in the area.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Had a 6 night stay for a trade show at the Congress center next door, highly recommend as it is steps away and has a variety of restaurants within walking distance as well as a convenience store. For the purpose of my trip, the Radisson was the perfect choice for location location location.
The rooms are very tired, however clean, spacious and comfortable. All rooms are suites, with plenty of closet and drawer space, comfortable sitting room and workspace and a sufficient "kitchen" area...which is basically counter space, a small sink and mini fridge...which suited me just fine.
Bed was comfortable, King size with more than enough pillows. Pillows could be better.
Bathroom could use a makeover, including some grouting of the tiles, I wouldn't take a bath in that tub, but functional as a shower. I often complain about hair dryers and lighting, seems to me that many hotels don't consider a woman's needs. Hairdryer was fine, at least it was one of those that have an "ON" switch that stays on, as opposed to the ones you have to press the button the entire time risking carpal tunnel syndrome for the sake of a good hair style. Lighting at bathroom mirror could be better, but not horrible.
TVs are very dated, but again functional....one in bedroom and one in living area.
Housekeeping - no complaints ! They did a good job, though I often wonder why hotels indicate that they care for their environment and encourage re-use of towels if they take them away for a wash when you've hung them with care !! This is not unique to Radisson, it's a consistent theme.
Check in / Out service was quick and without incident, though I didn't appreciate a comment about me being a smoker - I didn't need a look of disgust, nor did I need to hear about asthma.
This is one of the few hotels that offer smoking rooms (on smoking floors of course)....I stayed in a non-smoking room and chose to smoke outside. The carpets in the room could stand to be shampooed or better, changed! There is a not so pleasant smell to them, however not unbearable.
The coffee was AWFUL, worse than dishwater. Not a big deal as there are TWO Tim Horton's out front.
Bar / Restaurant - I only had drinks there so cannot comment on the food...bar service was FABULOUS, hats off to the bartender....so sorry I did not note his name, a wonderful Asian fellow. Super friendly, humorous and excellent service.
Shuttle service was PERFECT, 100% on time and the drivers are courteous, helpful and pleasant.
Hotel lobby was being painted / repaired as they suffered some damages during the flood, however the staff did their best to not inconvenience guests and for the most part kept the lobby clear. Elevators were very slow, only 2 of the 3 were functioning throughout my entire stay. Perhaps this was flood related.
Noise - though planes fly overhead constantly, you cannot hear them from the room. The air conditioner is noisy, turns on and off to maintain temperature....but you get used to it. As the bedrooms are not in main room (near your door), no noise heard in hallways, and my room was tucked away in corner.
Overall a good experience, being stuck in the same hotel for 6 nights is not always so wonderful however my stay was comfortable. Helpful staff !!!! Recommend this hotel for business, especially if attending shows at Congress Center and also for pleasure as the amenities were convenient.

Greetings travellingunderpants,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review! I especially like the fact that you balanced all your negative comments with positive ones – a very fair assessment.
We hope you return when your travels bring you to the Toronto Congress Centre or this area in general.