“Good option near Pearson Airport”

Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here for a night to catch a connecting flight next morning. When I landed at the hotel around 6 PM, to my misfortune there was some water problem in the whole area and most of the restaurants and hotels in the vicinity were not operating. My room wasn't ready and was told that it would take another hour or so to prepare the room! The front desk staff were very understanding, helpful and professional to comfort me and offer alternate accomodation in some other nearby hotels. Since I was expecting a friend at this hotel, I chose to wait and stay put there. However, the staff were quick enough to manage my room within 30 minutes. I had a reservation for business class room - my room at 15th floor had excellent amenities and was very spacious. I didn't get any noise despite staying in an airport hotel. Food at the inhouse restaurant (Fox Bristro) was pretty good. I could not take breakfast as I had an early AM flight - though my room tariff included breakfast! The hotel has airport shuttle every 30 minutes which was quite helpful.

Room Tip: Business Class Suites are truly spacious and are located in higher floors
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great location. Right beside TO Congress Ctr, Tim Horton's, Swiss Chalet, Kelsey's, Subway, Milestone's etc. right out front of the hotel. There's a restaurant off the lobby, however I did not go in. Rates include include free shuttle to Pearson, also easy access to 401. Great staff, efficient check-inout. Lobby has small PC with printer to allow for a quick surf or to print boarding passes. Rooms seem to be a little tired. Would be nice to have a fridge in all of the rooms. I would stay here again. Parking onsite is $14/night. However I think if you parked around Kelsey's you wouldn't have an issue. Budget and Discount car rentals are 5minute walk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Hotel staff friendly enough and they try really hard to please. We rented three rooms to attend a weekend conference from Thursday night to Monday morning. Rooms very dated and tired looking, not clean, stains on pull out couch and on draperies. Very, very noisy air traffic....but great views of planes getting ready to land at Pearson Airport.
Most likely will look elsewhere if I need to stay near the Congress Center for a conference.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Krrn789
EvanKorec, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Greetings Krrn789,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on our hotel.

We appreciate that our suites aren’t the most modern in the area so our focus is on providing clean accommodation and great service. We do have more updated suites on our Executive levels that I would recommend for your future stays until we undergo our pending renovation. All of the hotels in this area experience the same amount of overhead noise because we’re at the airport, however, you can request a quieter area of the hotel for future stays. With these things in mind I hope you will give us another chance for your next visit to the Toronto Congress Centre.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here summer 2013 for a few nights. It's an okay hotel for airport travelers. I was in town with a friend who was in town visiting for work and we used the hotel as a cheap place to stay while spending the daytime in Toronto. The hotel is old and could use updating however for the cheap rate an okay place to sleep [and work out]. Staff at reception is not the friendliest however manage their work. All in all have nothing great or not great to mention about this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Spent one night here on the way to Greece. Check-in was a rather lengthy process, although I had booked our room and paid in advance. Shuttle service reliable and location close to several restaurants. However, our room was in serious need of renovations. The carpet in the suite was soiled and lifting in numerous places. It appeared that someone had attempted some type of repair by taking several small pieces of carpet and gluing them together in a random order. The walls of the suite were rather dingy looking, as well as the furnishings. This room did not appear up to Radisson standards, and was definitely not worth the price we paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
EvanKorec, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Greetings mtownsley5,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for pointing out some of the great benefits of staying here.

We have noted your issue with the carpeting in your suite and we will be addressing that as part of our ongoing preventative maintenance program. We endeavour to keep our suites clean and well maintained but we concede that we are due for an update which we are expecting in the New Year.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel has very nice suites, nice bathroom, living room and very comfortable beds. Free internet.

Room service person was excellent. Front desk staffs (with an s) friendliness at check-out left to be desired. Hopefully they just had a bad morning. Check-in was OK.

Shuttle service from the airport is every 30 minutes.Takes about 10-15 minutes to reach hotel.

Room service dinner was simply OK. I expected better for the price paid and when I compare to other hotel I usually stay for business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bk27509
EvanKorec, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Hello Bk27509,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We appreciate you pointing out some of our benefits but it would be helpful to receive more details on your experience at checkout as this has been an area of opportunity for us. Although I cannot identify you from this posting it would be great to have another chance to be your host for future stays. It would be a pleasure to discuss your experience and hopefully find a way to become your preferred hotel in this area.

evan.korec@radisson.com
416-242-7400 ext. 2115

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed in room #413 on Friday Oct 4th. There was blood spatter all over the sheet. There was a maid in the hallway, so rather than be further inconvenienced by going back to the lobby and asking to change rooms, I told her there was blood on the sheets, and could they be changed. She rolled her eyes at me, so I showed her, at which point she rolled her eyes again and said she didn't notice. I know it looks small in the phone pic, but how did no one in the laundry/folding/unfolding/making the bed process not see that. Totally inexcusable.

Other than that, having a separate bedroom is nice. Things place also has really old tube TVs. I get that it's mainly a one night only kind of place, given it's proximity to the airport, but you can do much, much better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MKUltra3340

Hello MKUltra3340,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

On behalf of our team we apologize for your experience here at the hotel. In anticipation of your complaint, our Housekeeping Supervisor brought this to my attention and I was able to take photos of my own. Unfortunately we were unable to determine the source of the stain on your sheets but I can assure you that the sheets were laundered prior to being fitted on your bed. We will discuss your feedback with our team member and use this as a learning lesson to improve our operation.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto Airport & Conference Centre
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!