“Hotel Review”

Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Airport nearby so planes were loud but I slept through it. Room was spacious and the living room was separated from the bedroom. Had a pull out bed in couch which was nice to have available. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Room service was excellent. Next time will check out the restaurants. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

A very nice hotel with very helpful hotel staff. Close to the airport, with free airport transportation. A choice of restaurants are nearby. Even though the trip booked was no cancellation or date changes, the staff were very understanding and made a change for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel is fairly easy to get to as it is off of two major thoroughfares near the airport, this is helpful when navigating the area. Property is well maintained and rooms are clean. There is a restaurant on site, we had lunch there and it was fairly decent. I was upgraded to a corner suite and the room was beautiful. Be mindful however that you will be hearing planes land and takeoff for the duration of your stay.

The most disconcerting part of my stay happened on the 6th day of my (to be) 7th day stay. Around 3:30am, the fire alarm started to go off. It went off for a minute. I waited another minute. It was still going off after 5 minutes. It was still going off after 10 minutes. No announcements had been made and the front desk line was busy. This created a safety hazard. When you're managing a building of several hundred to a thousand people and the fire alarm goes off you have a responsibility to give timely updates to the occupants. People started to leave their rooms on their own volition and crowd the staircases down to the lobby. Some waited by the elevators unaware that they would not work during a fire. I arrived to the lobby (10 flights down) to find the front desk operator answering calls one by one informing the callers that "the staff was investigating the issue". Apparently he was unaware of the functionality of the Public Address system.

It would have been reasonable for someone to update the building at large as to what was going on. The fire department did arrive 15 minutes after the alarm and a few minutes later an announcement was made, but that's too little too late. Had this truly been a fire or other life endangering situation, this inaction could have cost lives. Afterword, still not receiving any answer but fairly certain that neither my wife nor myself would lose our lives, I walked back up to my room (10 flights up).

This entire debacle could have been avoided by following a simple communication protocol. "We have received an alarm on the 5th floor, we will investigate the cause and alert you shortly". "We have determined the cause to be a false alarm/ We have determined the cause to be a smoke/fire condition" , "As a result you may (not) return to your room".

After informing Orbitz, they reached out to the hotel and were able to cancel the remainder of my reservation. (Pending Checkout at the front desk)

To Note: Parking is $15 a day (comped) and "Free" Wifi is flaky although there is a $15/day "Upgraded" option.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew V
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for a few days in July. The rates were pretty good considering the room we had - a 2-bed suite with 2 TVs, a fridge & a microwave. The beds were comfortable, the linens & towels clean, and a nice room layout. We had a package that included free parking and a complimentary movie. Because we were on an executive floor we had access to a Lounge that served complimentary continental breakfast. The carpet in our room was coming up in a few areas & needs some attention soon. I was fun to watch the planes coming in. There is a Tim's drive thru right outside, a Subway, and a (lousy) Milestones nearby (yes, that will be a separate review).

Why did I only give 3 stars? On our second night the loudest family in the world checked into the room beside us shortly after midnight. The kids were absolutely manic and I swear they were climbing the walls. After an hour I called the front desk to ask them to speak to these guests. The person at the desk cut me off and said that they just got in & that they'd probably settle down eventually. They didn't. I called again at 2:00. The noise still didn't stop. I was really unimpressed with the response and am tired of hotels not dealing with overly-rowdy guests who ruin nights for others. When we checked out we were asked about our stay. I said that it was good except for the noise complaints. "Oh, sorry" was the response. I probably won't stay here again based on the lapse in customer service regarding the noise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJGC
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed 1 night before YYZ departure

Good
- Got an upgrade as Club Carlson Gold, and welcome amenity (wine? didn't drink)
- Good size Suite, with living room and bedroom
- Got free breakfast voucher (didn't get to eat as we left before breakfast starts)
- Free wi-fi
- Airport shuttle every 30 minutes, and picks up at Holiday Inn before airport

Bad
- Parking is $14/day (they tell you at reservation though)

Overall
It does the job as YYZ airport hotel
Thanks for the welcome gift, which makes the hotel more welcoming for sure

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is well located for a stopover between flights. Front desk staff not particularly friendly. Rooms are well-sized but tired. Plenty of restaurants close by, including Timmies 50 yards from front door. Reasonable value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LePizou
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights while here on business. The rooms are clean and functional enough but for an extended stay, there is no life in this hotel. It's BORING!

It also feels passed its best. Real signs of age. The cupboard door hiding the fridge was just hanging on by one loose hinge, the carpet had a big roll in it and needed restretching, the bathroom grout looked tired, wall art was nothing that you would not find in any 2 star hotel.

Not to say it's a bad hotel, the bed was comfortable, room clean etc but I was bored the first night and had 3 more to go. The bar is small and tucked away so it's not part of the main hotel lobby area, There was never anyone in it. There is no effort by management to facilitate a more social atmosphere, no happy hour, nothing.

Nearby there are several places to eat and hang out but nothing much in the way of shopping or entertainment.

Bottom line is I would, as a business person who spends a lot of time away from home, avoid this location. I'll tried the Radisson as a change from my usual Hilton, just to see what it was like. This is my second Radisson and it was not really what I want in a hotel.

I'll be looking carefully at other hotels in the area for my next trip. There must be better and I'll be happy to pay extra for a place with some sole and life.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business