“Average at best”

Ranked #41 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa,On
“Average at best”
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I stayed here as it was the hotel of choice for our conference. Having stayed at other Radissons in the last few years I knew that this hotel was not going to blow me away. Radisson is not the quality hotel chain that it once was and I would now compare it to a Holiday Inn. The rooms were good size but very dated and is past due for updating. The internet speed is ok but slow at times. This hotel is directly on the flight path to one of the runways so be prepared for aircraft noise.

The bar/resturant is also in need of updating, to say this place is dated is an understatement.

I did not have any problems with the hotel and nothing overly bad or positive stands out. There are a number of other new hotels in the area and had it not been for work insisting that I stay here for the conference, I would have booked one of those hotels.

There are number of good places to eat at the end of the parking lot and if you are a Timmies fan, then you will be happy to know that there is one right in front of the main enterance.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
RadissonTO, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 3 November 2010
Greetings flyguy35!
Thank you for posting your experience here for all to see - the staff and I appreciate the time you took to do so.
You did raise a concern about the Hotel rooms and the restaurant and that you found them in need of an upgrade. On behalf of the hotel, we would like to offer an apology to you and to mention that we have a program in place to update our rooms and facilites over a period of next two years. I would also like to say thank you personally for choosing our hotel on your next visit. When it comes to hotels in the area - there are many to choose from - some have higher prices than others while still others have still higher prices and every amenity including ones you may not actually need. We feel our hotel has exactly what business and leisure travellers alike are looking for - "HUGE" suites, excellent housekeeping and above all great value with an excellent "YES I CAN" attitude. Please come stay with us again, we'd love to have you as our guest.
Until next time - Best Wishes and Safe Travels!
JKP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Ontario
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I was quite happy with the sleep number bed's provided, and I enjoyed the free cable and wifi. Unfortunatly, in my room, where I was with 3 other people, one of us didn't want to share a bed. We called down to get more sheets, in which we werw questioned about, and then they made us wait for 10 minutes before the person called and asked for one of us to go down to get it. There wasn't any hospitality or smiling faces, just tired people who wouldn't bring up our stuff for us. Thius of course was not a problem that ruined my stay or anything, but I just thought I should ackknowledge it.

• Stayed June 2010
RadissonSuitesTO, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 7 June 2010
Thank you very much for writing your review on the Hotel. It is only with your valuable input that we can evaluate our team and our performance and work on making every guest experience the best possible. Our Hotel does have sofa beds in all room and all the sofa beds are made up prior to the guest’s arrival. The Hotel does also offer cots as well which are made up prior to being placed in guest rooms. The Hotel team does try to accommodate all guest requests but some times during large groups such as the Anime convention with all our rooms at the maximum occupancy this can take a little longer. I am very sorry we were did not represent our true sprit of service to you during this time and we will work harder at making your experience a better one on your next visit. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Peter Kingsbury
stigs17
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Pros: Very good value for under $100; they sometimes sell on hotwire. Clean, spacious and modern rooms are nearly double the size of a typical 3-star offering. Nice decor all-around; this is a well-groomed property. Effective soundproofing of walls between rooms- I never heard a thing. Super-comfortable sleep number beds & nice variety of pillows (both soft & hard). Instant hot water. Located well off the main road, thus no street noise. Easy to get to 401. Liked having Swiss Chalet right outside the front lobby. Pleasant & efficient staff.

Cons: Very little to complain about. Charging $11.99/night for parking seems egregious given that this is a remote business district 25km from the CN Tower. Better signage on the main road would be useful. Shower pressure was off; upon flipping the bath to shower switch, only 50% would transfer to the shower nozzle, though likely just a room-specific issue. Lone computer in main lobby was among the slowest I've ever used, thus it's best to bring a laptop. Despite advertising that there are newspapers on every floor, I never saw one anywhere in the hotel over a three-day period.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank stigs17
London, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I have stayed at this property twice in 2010 on business trips. The rooms are large if somewhat a bit dated (older TVs, the tubs are a bit 'rough" and the woodwork has seen a lot of errand suitcases), the beds are large and comfortable, there is a nice selection of amenities and there are large window that open. You don't go there for the view (Park N Fly lot) but it is convenient and good value for the room rate.
The attached restaurant (don't remember the name - "The Hairy Fox" or something like that) has a good hot and cold breakfast buffet. The service is very prompt and the coffee is good. If you crave Tim's, there are two of them literally out the front door. There are also a couple of roadhouse-type restaurants within easy walking distance.
The shuttle service from the airport (which is why I have stayed here) is prompt and the drivers tend to be good humoured for what they go through.
The only negative aspect is the walls in the rooms seem fairly thin - to the point where I could hear the guy next door yawning. That was relatively minor.
I would certainly return.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
mississauga, ontario, canada
Reviewed 10 April 2010

I had a great night at this hotel and highly reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank antigua1999
Northern Ontario
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We've stayed at this hotel a few times now for business. It's a good location, our room was lovely and fairly quiet which is important when you are working. BUT on our arrival this last visit on March 21, we arrived from the airport at noon. We were attending a trade show right next door at the Congress Centre so we just wanted to drop our bags and get to work. We were greated by the most disinterested person...indifferent is maybe a better word. There was no smile....hardly any eye contact....just a blunt "check in isn't till 3 p.m." I was fully aware of this and just wanted to leave our bags as we have in the past., which the woman told us was alright. Then we were left to stand there for another five minutes while the man who was supposed to tag our bags was on the phone. That's fine, but the gal behind the counter could have looked after them i'm sure. I must mention that there wasn't another soul around so it's not like they were swamped with customers. It was the attitude or lack of HOSPITALITY that really annoyed us. What ever happened to greetings like "welcome to the Raddison" ...maybe said with a smile. That is hospitality. If I treated the customers that come in my business that way I'm sure I would lose a few. Keep in mind there are lots of alternative hotels very close by. Maybe a minor issue...but I thought it was worth mentioning.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
RadissonSuitesTO, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2010
Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. It is only through feedback from our very valuable guests’ experiences that we can continually improve our gust services.

I am very sorry you were not treated as our team member’s number one priority when you arrived. All of our guests are every team member’s priority no matter what the circumstance. I will work with all of our team on a refresher course and can assure you that on your next visit we will meet or exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Peter Kingsbury
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I stayed one night and when arrived I wish that I could have stayed longer. The room was excellent I had a king size sleep number bed that was so comfortable. The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful. I arrived late as my flight was delayed and the staff saved me some time in the morning by suggesting I take my shuttle stub at the time of check in because my stay was only going to be a few hours. I would stay there again if fact, I am planning a trip to Orlando and I am looking into the Radisson Hotels for my stay. This was a very good first experience with this hotel chain.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo