Castlegate Bed & Breakfast Inn
Delta Hotels
US$373
US$359
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We booked this hotel through the BBcanada websit only to find an OK rooming house in need of some refurb and a miserable breakfast. As reviewed previously we were greeted in the morning with a self service of cold slimy muffins which were uneatable, cardboard cups and orange juice from a bottle. This is not what I would call a continental breakfast as advertised. When pointing this out to the receptionist I was told that was all they had.
Room OK and while you get what you pay for, disappointing.

Room Tip: At the back
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My parents stayed here for a few days while visiting toronto for my graduation at UofT. They stayed in the queen room, it was about 80 or 90 $, which is an excellent price for downtown toronto. It was comfortable and we couldn't really ask for more at that price. The breakfast wasn't much though just some coffee and biscuits, but it didn't matter it was still a very nice room and that was all we cared about.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank arun a
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Me and my fiance had a wonderful stay at the Castlegate Inn. We weren't looking for anything fancy or expensive, and when we stumbled on the Castlegate Inn website, we decided to give it a try. We had a four night stay, and we were located on the second floor. The room was very cozy, we had a very comfy bed with fresh sheets, and we could get a nice hot shower. Even with the fact that the window faces Spadina, we slept great - we had the A/C on to keep us cool, as well as a fridge for water and snacks and a microwave for heating up our food. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but it was exactly what we needed as we were in the city to vend at a convention. This place is SO close to the Dupont station subway!

Beforehand, when we were in the midst of making reservations for our stay, the Castlegate was very prompt at answering all my questions. Great customer service! We got into the city very late at night, and when we got to the Castlegate Inn there was an envelope with my name on it and all the instructions and things that we needed, as well as a parking pass for our vehicle. They were very thoughtful in giving us a large parking spot as we came in a Dodge pickup truck.

There is nobody on site 24/7 but they do provide you with a phone number to call should you have any emergencies. However, he had zero problems. At night we could hear people once in awhile walking around above us or beside us, but they in no way sounded like elephants and we had great sleep all four nights. Bumps in the night are to be expecting in such an old house - it gives it a little character. We will both definitely be going back! I highly recommend this place to anyone who needs a comfy place to stay, nothing fancy, and are on a budget - what a great price, and a cute little place.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 201 - it was clean, comfortable, and cozy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilporkchop
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This place does not qualify to be a 'bed and breakfast' in any way. It is a cheap hotel room with an awful breakfast consisting of fatty muffins and coffee/tea/bottled orange juice.
The attendants are not helpful and I find it strange that it does not show the name of the place at the door. It is just a house, with no ringing bell. Are they hiding something?
I DO NOT recommend it to anyone, unless if I want to punish someone. I wanted a bed and breakfast to enjoy with my family and I felt cheated with what they offered.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rosa s
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The Castlegate Inn is truly three Victorian Homes. My wife described our room as functional. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. The only place we stayed in Ontario with both a fridge and a microwave. Note that daily housekeeping is extra $20/day. The reception is operated with only limited hours but there is a phone number you can call. Great location. Dupont subway station at the corner. Walking distance to U of T or Casa Loma tourist attraction. Wave to the people on the Hop On / Hop Off bus while you relax on the private lanai.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple