“Southern Comfort Food”

Hogtown Vegan
Ranked #339 of 8,479 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Providing southern- style comfort food during lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch service. Fully licensed.
“Southern Comfort Food”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This small neighbourhood vegan restaurant, west of Christie Pits, at Bloor and Shaw, is a gem! What the chef does with his seitan is amazing. Just thinking about his collard greens makes my mouth water. I usually order a side of collards with most of my meals. They also serve a wonderful brunch.

• Visited March 2014

Kitchener, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Vegan Restaurant in Toronto - Even for non-vegans!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This place is incredible. My wife have been about 5 times since early 2013. It is hands down the best vegan restaurant in Toronto! We have been there for breakfast/lunch, and dinner and both were phenomenal!! We have been to many MANY vegan restaurants and this one is the best! We have also taken our non-vegan family and a some friends there and they all loved it too!!! Great atmosphere and great service. Great value. All of the dishes are very big portions and top quality. You will not leave this place hungry!! WOW! Their burgers are fantastic, so are the sandwiches and salads, but the best thing on the menu is their Fries Supremacy! OMG to die for! The mac and cheese is also super good! Give this place a try, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited February 2014
“I love this place!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I am vegetarian and I love trying new places. I've been here a couple times and it is great, not expensive very tasty vegan food! Cozy environment. Unchicken waffles, bacon cesar salad, vegan mac n cheese and their chicken wings are all yummy choices. I will continue to go back here. The place is a little small though, its always pretty busy. They should open another locations or expand!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Shan7777
Melbourne, Australia
“Good feed even for meat eaters!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Went here recently in a large group. Was skeptical as I am a meat eater but was pleasantly surprised by their vegan "comfort food". It exceeded expectations. The general consensus around the table was that everyone was very satisfied with their plant based meals (burgers, unchicken waffles etc;) I had the nachos which while they were delicious were VERY salty. Didn't stop me from enjoying my meal. ** don't mistake vegan food as being overly healthy though. Just because it's plant based a lot ofis still deep fried as lots of added salt. In saying that , was still delicious.
Staff were fantastic, super friendly & accommodating for our large group (10) in a small restaurant. Sangria and egg nog was delish!
Would return. ;)

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Vegan versions of soul food”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We tried the unchicken waffles with collard greens and another of their specials and they were awesome! Any meat eater would not know they were eating a plant based meal. Delicious! I'm not a fan of collard greens but they were yummy! Very friendly and attentive staff; they only accept cash, however, and it was very dark in there which is good for a romantic dinner but not for those that like to read while they eat. They're open later than most restaurants too (11pm) so that was a plus for us since we are out late sometimes and there's no one open. They don't accept reservations and it's limited seating.

• Visited September 2013