“Great vegan "pub food"”

Hogtown Vegan
Ranked #481 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Providing southern- style comfort food during lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch service. Fully licensed.
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

If your looking for pub style food that is also vegan, this is the place.

I has vegan takes on many pub standards like "pulled non-pork" and "po boy sandwich"

There are newer reviews for Hogtown Vegan

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I've been here twice now, once at noon (when they first open) and once during the evening. The lunch specials offers better specials than dinnertime, both cost wise and selection wise. Both times, there was only one server, and the food took about twenty minutes. I admit unchicken and vegan mac and cheese were delicious but when you have wait ten minutes to grab your waiter's attention just to get the bill, you become hesitant to come back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

It honestly blows my mind that there could be any negative reviews for this place, but I only had the chance to dine here once. Having grown up in Georgia, I can't tell you what a treat it was to have Vegan Southern Faire so far from home. While, I came for the "unchicken" and waffles, I barely had room after devouring the poutine. I'm glad I saved some room, though, because the "unchicken" and waffles were to die for. Perfect on texture and taste, I can say this stands out as my single most enjoyed vegan comfort dish that I've had. The portions were so generous, as true to the south, that I could barely get up to leave, I was so stuffed. While the atmosphere isn't anything to rave about, the food leads this review to a five.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I need to first address how amazing Hogtown Vegan's "unchicken" and waffles are. I'd never had chicken and waffles prior to trying Hogtown's vegan version, and I honestly think I would be disappointed eating real chicken. The waffles honestly just looked like eggo's and were cold and not that fluffy, but the "chicken" definitely made up for that. Unfortunately when we got our food, it was already cold. No idea why since the restaurant was NOT busy at all. The coffee, however, was FANTASTIC and the waitress was really nice. The construction on Bloor makes it hard to find Hogtown's new location, but it's worth the try if you're fine with spending $20+ on brunch.

1  Thank TheMeagerMuse
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Nice place, good service but horrible food. I had the traditional breakfast, "omelette" with mushrooms and vegan cheese and home fries. The omelette and homefries were ok at best while the vegan cheese, just the smell, made me want to hurl. It was the single worst dining experience of my life. Would not go back.