Was looking forward to staying at this property based on the good reviews here. I also liked the price point so booked a three night stay. The building appears to be mostly condos or residences as only the first four floors are the hotel. My room looked directly onto a parking lot. The room had low ceilings and the shower is a tight squeeze for anyone over 6ft tall. The gym is small and you have to "reserve" the cardio equipment. If you want to have a meeting, the lobby is tiny and after 4 pm your only other option is a loud bar as the coffee shop closes. There were a host of minor issues like getting a wake up call we didn't request and the heating and cooling equipment didn't work properly. On the last night, we couldn't get the temp below 78. When we mentioned this at check out, the clerk comped a $13.99 movie. Hardly adequate and almost insulting. Housekeeping was high quality and the toiletries nice but I wished we had stayed elsewhere. If you are the least bit health conscious, avoid the "Luckee" restaurant, which I have reviewed separately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SoHo Metropolitan Hotel is simply Toronto's finest, whether you call it a luxury, boutique or design hotel. At once supremely indulgent and artfully subdued, the hotel affectionately dubbed "SoHo Met" is a vibrant scene unto itself. From inspired culinary creations and rejuvenating spa treatments to advanced in-room technologies and innovative business services, a limitless range of sophisticated pleasures awaits you. Whether you are staying for just a weekend or weeks on end, you will quickly realize that one does more than stay at the SoHo Met ... one lives it. The moment you set foot upon the marble floors of the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel in Toronto, you enter a world of exquisite delights and unparalleled convenience, where the hotel's commitment to service and personal attention exceed all expectations. The three story, loft-style penthouse suite and 92 oversized, luxurious guestrooms and suites represent the very epitome of SoHo Metropolitan style. European natural down duvets and triple Italian bed linens grace the luxurious king-size beds. When it's time to say good night, use the smart technology to adjust lighting, motorized draperies and do-not-disturb light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SoHo Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Metropolitan Toronto
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel Toronto