My husband and I booked a Deluxe room for our wedding night and were told upon confirmation that we were being upgraded to a Luxury. Then at check-in, we were upgraded to a Premier room. On our last night, we arrived after a late evening out to find a bucket of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for us with a sweet note of congratulations. I've stayed at many hotels with great service, but I've never felt so taken care of. The SoHo Met made sure to make our memorable weekend even more special.
Regarding the details, the room was clean, quiet, and spacious. The view wasn't great (we were looking down onto Wayne Gretzky's sports bar), but at least we weren't facing a wall or anything horrible. The brunch offering at Senses didn't look appetizing, but the hotel is kitty corner to Cora's, which has a huge variety of healthy, hearty brunch dishes (prepare to line up on weekends). And it's worth noting that we saw two stars (one actor and one director) there, and everyone we encountered in the hallways and elevators were friendly and well-dressed. The SoHo clientele seem to be quite a classy bunch.
And finally, its location is superb. Within walking distance of most tourist destinations and a short cab/transit ride to other Toronto hot spots.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SoHo Metropolitan Hotel is simply Toronto's finest, whether you call it a luxury, boutique or design hotel. At once supremely indulgent and artfully subdued, the hotel affectionately dubbed "SoHo Met" is a vibrant scene unto itself. From inspired culinary creations and rejuvenating spa treatments to advanced in-room technologies and innovative business services, a limitless range of sophisticated pleasures awaits you. Whether you are staying for just a weekend or weeks on end, you will quickly realize that one does more than stay at the SoHo Met ... one lives it. The moment you set foot upon the marble floors of the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel in Toronto, you enter a world of exquisite delights and unparalleled convenience, where the hotel's commitment to service and personal attention exceed all expectations. The three story, loft-style penthouse suite and 92 oversized, luxurious guestrooms and suites represent the very epitome of SoHo Metropolitan style. European natural down duvets and triple Italian bed linens grace the luxurious king-size beds. When it's time to say good night, use the smart technology to adjust lighting, motorized draperies and do-not-disturb light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your SoHo Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Metropolitan Toronto
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel Toronto