“Avenue Q didn't fail to please, great night out”

Lower Ossington Theatre
Ranked #91 of 505 things to do in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Avenue Q didn't fail to please, great night out”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

After seeing Avenue Q around 8 years ago in London (England), I was left with a very high expectation for the show in Toronto, and we weren't disappointed. I would absolutely recommend to anyone who wants a fun, relaxed evening out to give this a try. The evening left me with a positive appreciation of the Ossington Theatre too; what a great little, intimiate venue.

Visited January 2014

Durham, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Little Shop of Horrors”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed the quaintness of this theatre. It is small so every seat is a good one with the presentation being heard loud and clear. The seats are a wee bit hard but they have added pads and a break in the performance to stretch. They have a small refreshment stand with limited choices but they allow you to bring a coffee with you into the theatre. They are helpful in pointing out your seat location, but as I said, the venue is small. Not a big crowd to deal with. Parking is just down the street.

Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“This a great live theatre venue”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was my first visit to the Lower Ossington Theatre and I came away very impressed. We saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I could not believe how good the quality of the acting, singing, live band and staging were. They put on a fantastic show for a very reasonable price- I recommend it highly to anyone interested in live theatre.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank JK65Toronto_Canada
Brantford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Forget the building. The productions are awesome”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed Avenue Q. A great performance! The performance made you forget the weaknesses of the venu quickly.

This venu is as off-off Broadway as it gets. An intimate space that will remind you of a workshop theatre. The folding chairs thankfully have an extra pad but you may want to bring a cushion. The nice part is that it gives you a very connected experience. The front row is literally on the stage. It is a much more personal and cozy performance. I doubt you could find a bad seat.

The bathrooms are small (two stalls) and the not the nicest but decent. Cute little refreshment bar that isn't absolute robbery.

Visited July 2013
Ajax, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Lovely Little Theatre”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I brought my mother to see Agatha Christie's "The Mousetrap". First, it's only street parking, so leave some time when going. Once there, it's a quaint little theatre. The actual theatre that we were in was small, but intimate. It was similar to a workshop theatre. There is no bad seat in the house, on the other hand the seats are NOT comfortable! Their card table chairs with and extra pad on it, but after 2hrs its still tough on the rear! :)
Now, the actors were just fantastic!!! I cant say enough. Everyone played their part marvelously. We particularly enjoyed Jordan Mechano who played Christopher Wren.

Visited June 2013