“A very nice hotel in a great location.”

Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer
Ranked #11 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The hotel is very nice. Rooms are very spacious and nicely equipped. Beds are comfortable. And the showers are wonderful. I'm not sure why they don't have coffee makers in the rooms though.

Free wifi throughout the hotel.

The location is great for a weekend away. It's in the middle of so much.

The service was good. Although the concierge tended to be elusive.

Breakfast is a nice little buffet. But a few hot options would be better.

• Stayed: June 2012
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable bed and the rain shower. Should you wish to have a coffee machine in your room, our deluxe and luxury rooms are equipped with the nesspresso coffee machine. We also have a coffee machine in our library that offers a wide selection of beverages complimentary. When our concierge is away helping guests, don’t hesitate to direct your questions to our front desk staff who are always happy to assist with any inquires. Being in the entertainment district we are within walking distance to great restaurants , theater and sports venue and thus making us ideal for a weekend getaway!

Regards

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights at the end of a great holiday starting at Boston and ending in Toronto.Of the seven different hotels on the trip ,obviously all with different qualities ,this was up there with the best.
Central location just up the road walking distance from the Rogers centre and CN tower the hotel was smart ,tidy ,excellent very large bedroom (how many hotels have Bose sounds systems within?).The staff were brilliant from the time I pulled up in the rental car in the street loaded up with 4 cases to the minute we left .Good location for Theatre district ,restaurants nearby,excellent gym on top floor.No coffee facilities in room but excellent user friendly coffee making facilities in expansive reception lounge.Next time in Toronto would definately use the hotel again.Excellent staff,one enjoyed my info on English Premiership soccer and in return one guided me through the basics of Baseball .After seeing the Blue Jays down the road still none the wiser!,great experience though

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The hotel is a beautiful design, modern but comfortable and welcoming. The rooms were a good size and very well equipped. The location is pretty central and there is lots to see nearby. We also had one meal in the restaurant which was good. The staff were friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We were only able to stay at Le Germain one night, but it was a wonderful experience. I managed to confuse the Le Germain Toronto with the Le Germain at Maple Leaf Square, and they were so kind to help me switch the reservations. Everyone was friendly and our room was so comfortable. You will have a hard time finding a friendlier staff anywhere. We also had literally the time of our lives at Victor, the restaurant in the hotel. I am not exaggerating to say that the food and service were world class - from the guy who made our drinks, to our maitre d', Jean, who was so fabulous, he made our evening unforgettable, arranging a special table for us and handling the roses my husband bought for me, and our server was also superlative. This is not a new hotel, but definately was all it was described in the reviews. We will definately be going back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback , I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay though it was a short one !. We strive to offer the highest level of personalized service and feedback like this assures us that we are doing things right. Lead by the Top Chef Canada Contestant David Chrystian, our restaurant Victor offers a creative take on the different neighbourhoods of Toronto and I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner, I will pass on your comments to our Service team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Totally great customer service. They remember you by name and go out of their way to ensure everything is cool with you. I had big time lower back issues on my trip and they were kind enough to come up to my room with an extension cord and help me get a heating pad set up. They offered to call in a massage therapist as well. I'm pretty sure you could ask the front desk for almost anything and they'll get it done for you! Rooms are stylish, location is great and bathroom is spa-like.

The doormen are awesome too :)
They can hold an umbrella over my head any day!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smallsails
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I visit Toronto regularly on business and have geneally used the usual Front Street hotels but last visit tried out the Le Gernain and was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are excellent and, importantly, have free internet (I detest paying for internet after getting hit for an expensive room !). They are nicely decorated and well finushed and large with excellent walk in showers. Really very good. Unforrtunately the hotel is let down by its buffet breakfast with the only hot food available being toast and bagels.

Overall would recommend it but forget the breakfast unless you are a coffee only sort of person at this time of day.

Overall gets a thumbs up and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Suggest do not get a room overlooking the street as there are two nightclubs / late bars here which...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Enoteque_Medellin
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have been looking for a good Toronto alternative to the Royal York for business trips. I had stayed at the Calgary location of Le Germain and a colleague recommended the Toronto Le Germain. It was very good. Rooms had the level of luxury and comfort that I enjoy at Sofitel Montreal and staff were friendly.

I especially liked the included breakfast. Hotel breakfasts are usually either good but obscenely expensive, or free but lame. Le Germain provides appetizing fruit, yogurt, cheeses and pastry in a comfortable ambiance.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank selmer
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback , We strive to provide our guests an comfortable environment with a homey feel so they can relax even during business trips and I am glad to hear that we were able to do that for you. We understand the importance of breakfast and that’s why our chef David Chrystian, Top Chef Canada contestant offers a selection of fresh fruits , yogurt, cheeses and pastries to start your day off right.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Toronto and hopefully at Hotel Le Germain Montreal !

Director Of Operations