“A COUPLE MORE CLOSETS AND YOU COULD LIVE HERE”

Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer
Ranked #10 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Naples, Florida, United States
“A COUPLE MORE CLOSETS AND YOU COULD LIVE HERE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I checked into a wonderful suite. 1,000 square feet of interesting design touches; distressed steel accent walls (yes, steel), a large desk area with every plug you could want, seriously strong WiFi, two huge Samsung flatscreens, a dining room and living area, a beautifully appointed bathroom with a walk-in shower for two (or a big tub if you prefer), and not just dimming shades but blackout shades in the bedroom.

It's insanely quiet. I haven't heard another person in the hall or upstairs. The bed was what you'd expect from this kind of luxury property, and the four big pillows let you configure things just the way you want. It's right in Maple Leaf Square; I typically stay over in Yorkville but I have meetings across the street so it's quite convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had the best time at this hotel.

The ENTIRE staff are sincere, genuine and overly friendly. I could not believe the fantastic customer service I received, from the doormen, to the front counter, to the waitress in the restaurant. Everyone here has great training and knows exactly how to make a guest feel. I had included parking in my reservation, in which you're given valet parking and I had forgotten a small personal bag in my vehicle. The front desk had someone go to my vehicle to get my item and bring it right up to my door.
I had the apt suite, which is BEAUTIFUL. ALL my guests loved the room and plan to stay here in the future. The small intimate celebration that I had with friends and family made this stay so unique and this is by far my favourite hotel to stay in Toronto. everything is nearby and despite the construction, the staff definitely made this memorable. There is not one staff member that stood out. They were exceptional.
Thank you Le Germain for a unforgettable anniversary experience.

Room Tip: If you can afford the apartment suite for the extra space and your own cooking, I recommend the apt...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fattums B
Norwich, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed last night at this hotel for our 15th wedding anniversary!! Great place, friendly staff, and very clean rooms. We would like to personally thank Jamie Hahhas at the front desk for accompanying us with a room on very short notice and sending a very nice bottle of red wine to our room for our anniversary. We highly recommend this place!!

Henk and Michelle Vrugteveen

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just blocks to CN tower and baseball stadium and only a few more to shops and restaurants in King and Queen West. Free breakfast was fresh and plenty and went till noon which was awesome. Rooms were clean and spacious, bathroom was huge! Service was exceptional. The only negative was hearing street noise at 2am on Sat night, but that's why they provide earplugs!

• Stayed April 2014
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

First time in Toronto - wanted a modern sleek hip hotel - and boy that's what this is!
Possibly the best hotel room ever - seemed huge - with the best shower / bathroom area.
Tall ceilings and great large window - couldn't really have asked for better.
Great location too.
Only one on the negative side - the hotel has no atmosphere at all - even the bar area.
So when you leave you're not sure if they've noticed you've been there at all!
This could be one of those GREAT places to stay - maybe it's more happening in the summer?

Without any hestitaion I would stay here again - and suggest you do too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cliff G
New York City, New York, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Actually, the hotel is nice, relatively new and comfortable BUT:

- there is a night club across the street which I understand can be noisy then ask for a room overlooking the back.
- the night club was actually closed when I was there but the alarm of the club went off and it took until past midnight to stop it with the intervention of the police. The staff at reception was not too helpful to give me an idea of when it would stop or offering relocation to the back. Couldn't sleep obviously.
- and now the icing on the cake: at 3am someone bangs at my door for at least 10 minutes until I come out of my sleep. I go to the door and find a voluptuous woman who was certainly working that night but got the wrong room.

The GM was very nice and apologetic the next morning but all this excitement is not exactly what I was looking for.

Hope this is an isolated event since - once again - the hotel seems nice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank francoisk114
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Francois K,

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. We tried to get in touch with the club as soon as the alarm went off but since it was closed for renovation we were not able to and had to call the Toronto Police to shut off the alarm. This is indeed an isolated event and not typical of stay at our hotel. When your travels bring you to Toronto again , I invite you to contact me and I will personally take care of your reservation and make sure you experience the true Germain Hospitality.

Best Regards

Dino Gurusamy
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

In this hotel, together with my son I spent the weekend in the middle of March. The hotel is very quiet in a small street near the CN tower. The staff is very nice and courteous, quality service perfect. Room was nice and very tastefully decorated including details with bathrooms. We were satisfied with our stay, only my son had single complaint to breakfast, he lacked wider choice of meat products of breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family