“Great overall value”

Ranked #105 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ajax, Canada
“Great overall value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

Great location. I booked 2 rooms for my relatives travelling from New York, we were given 2 adjoining rooms which helps when you are travelling with kids. The rooms had new beds and carpet. Breakfast was served in their garden atrium surrounded by trees and a water fountain. We were able to used their kitchen and outdoor barbeque. The Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mohamed63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

I don't want to bore you with ALL of the things i hated about this place, but i will pick the important things.

I would like to start off by stating that I have travelled all around the world, staying in everything from hostels to luxury. So i have plenty of experience traveling ... and I can point out effort and excellent customer service in any situation.
However,
The staff was so useless and rude when you asked for anything it was unbelievable! I was basically called a liar when i said my room smelled like smoke.
I was stayed there for a week while in training for my new job. I have never suffered so much in my entire life ... and i have slept under a bug net on the ground of the jungle.
My neighbor had his television on FULL BLAST from the second i got in (5pm) until i could not take it anymore and knocked on the wall (1am). When i called the front desk they explained he was an older man who was hard of hearing ... and they have this problem a lot with him.
Well? solve the problem!
I did this every single night ... for 6 nights.

Rooms were ok. I wasn't expecting too much from a college residence, i mean common!
The beds however were equivalent to sleeping on rock. Pillows were flat ... and the maids didn't even change the linens.
Maybe once in the entire week.

Mainly, my complaint lies in the customer service. Nothing was done to help me out, and the staff eventually started looking at me as a complainer, which i am not. I am in the industry and i understand what a valid complaint is.

No one helped me, AT ALL and when i asked if i could have a free night i was actually laughed at.

For a college that teaches the importance of hospitality and customer service ... i couldn't have had a worse experience.

There is a best western literally across the street. Go there for some actual service.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bubble_sOntario
London, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,468 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

For the second year in a row I stayed here as part of a conference group because its location is close to the facility where we were meeting. During the academic year it serves as a student residence and during the off-season it plays host to travelers and people needing long-term stays.

The place used to be some sort of hotel (a Comfort Inn, perhaps?) in another life, but years of student residents have taken their toll on the place. Carpets are stained, beds are lumpy, furnishings are chipped and scratched, bathrooms are dingy and decrepit. My sink leaked, the heating/ac unit was falling apart and the TV had to be replaced (the remote did not work either). I found hair on a number of different surfaces-- blech!!!

For the price our group paid I would have rather spent more money to stay at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. Even if I were working or studying at Centennial College I would rather drive to stay at an actual hotel than pay for 'convenience' of location but receive substandard accommodations.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
8 Thank Kodachrome_Dreams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Holiday Inn Express Toronto East
BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn
Days Inn - Toronto East Lakeview
Delta Toronto East
Delta Toronto East
#65 of 132 in Toronto

Been to Centennial College Residence? Share your experiences!