“Experience Downtown Toronto” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Experience Downtown Toronto”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

If you are looking for a convenient downtown Toronto hotel, this is it ... one block from Eaton Centre ... two blocks from Dundas Square ... adjacent to Pantages Theatre. The rooms although larger than expected were average and need some updating. After returning at 4:30 from a day on the town, we were disappointed that the room had not been made up. Housekeeping did come at 5:00 when we were getting ready for dinner so by that time we told them never mind. There was a lot of construction in front of the hotel which made it very noisy when we tried to leave the windows open. We are found the front desk personnel unfriendly. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Have just spent 2 nights at the Pantages Hotel in Toronto and I was pleased with the stay. The hotel is very well located (just steps from the Eatons Centre and Dundas Square) and I was surprised by the size of the rooms and the amenities included at such a reasonable price. A number of us were staying at the hotel and all of the rooms I was in had a different layout. All the rooms our group occupied were extremely spacious, had a kitchenette complete with full size refrigerator, dishwasher, plates, cutlery and washer and drier. The laminate floors in the rooms as well as the cabinets in the kitchenette and bathroom were showing definite signs of wear and tear but definitely nothing to complain about. The rooms are clean and quite comfortable. I definitely would stay at the Pantages Hotel again. The bar in the lobby was a great place for a drink as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank FlyJayClass
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in a queen bed suite. I found the overall quality of the hotel to be very average. Walls were quite thin and we were bothered by a few interactions in the hallway, and also the general materials of the room seem to be of very cheap quality. The bedsheets were worn and weren't that comfortable.

When I first walked in, I was impressed by the lobby, however customer service was not that great as both check in and check out took very long. The guy at the front desk took a phone call right in the middle of my check-in which lasted about 5 minutes. Check-out was also slow as the front desk agent seemed to have trouble finding my room.

We had a $25 voucher so we decided to use it at the bar. Drinks were overly expensive and 2 drinks cost us the whole $25. However we did find the menus to be very unique - when you open them up, they light up like an ebook reader kind of thing which was pretty cool.

Overall, I think the Pantages attempts to appear as an upscale, stylish, chic hotel but fails to live up to that. I would not stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Road Town, Tortola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

At first pass this was a "modern" hotel many years ago, but not built of the best materials and aging. However the room size was great, everything worked and was properly clean, the location worked for me, and the staff are the most hospitable helpful bunch I have run into (and I have many hotel nights in a year in hotels with more stars than this). Good value too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank marcus w
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

My wife and I paid for a full-price room at Pantages (in advance through Expedia) and were told upon arrival that the hotel was full, therefore we would have to walk a few blocks to the (less stylish) sister hotel, the Cosmopolitan. We were compensated with a crappy breakfast or something. At any rate, we are nonplussed and will not be staying at either hotel in future.

Wish I had listened to the other reviews on this site commenting on the poor service as there are lots of better hotels in this part of Toronto that are not run by crooks.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Matthew L
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Pantages for a conference. Rooms were updated and chic with a full kitchen and hardwood floors. Comfortable king bed, clean rooms and I liked the yoga mat in each room touch. this hotel is also very conveniently located one block from eaton centre and good shopping. I would definitely stay here again and take advantage of the pet friendly policy!

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank team_lil
Bend, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed recently at the Pantages Hotel on a business trip to Toronto. From check in to check out and all of the martinis in between the service was amazing. My suite was extremely spacious and included a great kitchenette that I could have used but chose to enjoy the fabulous dining options in the downtown area instead. The only thing I was disappointed about what the lack of free time I had and that I didn't get to enjoy some of the best shopping EVER that was within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business