Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
1,031 results
All reviewsmassey hallmartini bareaton centrewasher and dryerfran's restaurantfront deskmichael's hospitalfull kitchened mirvish theatrestove topdeluxe suitecontinental breakfastyonge streetthe heart of the cityvalet parkingfantastic locationbig city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2008

What a fantastic hotel. The staff is friendly and professional. The hotel is clean and well appointed.

We booked a superior room but upgraded when we got there into a room with a big living room and separate bedroom. Somehow they found out we were celebrating my birthday and they sent a nice cake and even sang!

The people who work there look like they are having fun and they were so helpful in directing us to the best shopping and dining experiences.

This was my first time in a boutique hotel but it will not be my last!!!

The rooms had a washer and dryer and a kitchen. The hardwood floors were really nice.

We had a great time at Pantages and will be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2008

Booked the place through Expedia based on reviews and advice from friends who stayed there.

What a mistake !

This place is in a BAD neighborhood. It is on a small street near Yonge and Dundas and some creepy characters are constantly passing by demanding money or simply giving you the look.

Room was awful - small as a shoe box and overlooking a dirty rooftop with some machinery on top. We have asked for another room and were brushed off by front desk staff who had difficulty speaking English.

Save your money ! AVOID THIS PLACE !

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cocochaneltoronto
Reviewed 30 November 2007

Nice little boutique hotel. Very central to many of Toronto's attractions and a quick subway or streetcar ride away from many others. The suites were very nicely appointed with modern furniture and kept clean. The small kitchenette was a nice touch for people who wanted to stay in.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2007

There are many things that have to be renovated and repaired on the room: many things on the bathroom, walls to be painted, furniture and lamps to be well cleaned... The decoration, particularly on the bathroom, was sloppy. Examples: the wash-basin was not glued on the wall; there was a support for 2 candles on the wall, but there was only one candle... The view from my room was unqualified - to a dirty and dark back of the building.
Good things: The bed was big and very comfortable, and the room had good dimensions too. Some people of the staff were very kindly. Great location too.
The lobby is too dark and small. We arrived at night, so it was not very comfortable and cozy to get to the hotel, as we wished… The runners are also dark and not very well cleaned and treated. The decoration is to dark and not very comfortable. When we arrived at our room, just in front of our door there was an opened door to the stairs, with dirty dishes of the room service on the ground…
The breakfast is poor for the supposed quality of the hotel. After my stay on this hotel, I stayed on the Novotel Toronto Centre, which has a smaller rate, and I had a wonderful breakfast, on a much more decent and bigger room. I confess I got surprised, because on the internet, this one looked like one of the most modern and sophisticated hotels at Toronto (it is not so easy to find a sophisticated at Toronto…).

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank marialbuquerque
Reviewed 14 October 2007

I stayed in Toronto on business recently. I was booked into one of the suites on the 4th floor, and was really pleased with the decor & room size, and was really looking forward to using the spa as much as
possible. The hotel lobby and rooms I saw were great. The service left a lot to be desired.

The drain in my whirlpool tub and in the sink were broken and a repairman had to be sent up to fix them (which happened, promptly). The battery on the room phone was drained and the phone would work for a minute and then drop calls. That never got fixed. Room service
I ordered for dinner one night sat outside my door until 2pm the next
afternoon.

I booked a massage at the spa my first day. I told them of my interest in the water spa (the WHOLE hotel is built around this theme), and was informed that the whirlpool was broken. In general, the service at the spa was weak. The massage itself was good, but they had double booked us and there was a terribly awkward moment in the waiting area while they sorted out who would see which therapist.
I pressed on afterwards to use the steam room and sauna. They were buried down the hall past the elevators and hotel gym in a locked room that felt like a big janitor's closet. Nothing was turned on so they told me I could use it but I'd have to wait while they heated up.

Don't spend your spa money here - go instead to the Hammam Spa which can be reached by subway/tram. That's a real deal spa with a huge steam room and proper spa feel. They don't have a dry sauna or plunge
pools, but it's a gorgeous space and great service.

Overall, this is a nice hotel - great looking, good bedding, well thought out from a design standpoint, but it doesn't seem to be very well maintained. Service was spotty all around, despite some helpful people.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business