“Great bedrooms with cooking facilities”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #50 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
sydney
“Great bedrooms with cooking facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Convenient, close to theatres and large shopping centre. Pleasant. I like to be able to make breakfast,a snack if I want to. A big plus here is its kitchen facility which is fully equipped so you can make a meal, and room is well designed and larger than average hotel room and included a little breakfast bar. There is a dishwasher and washing machine as well, so would be very useful for family with younger kids.
It is near a large shopping area although getting food is not so easy. There is a small convenience store in hotel lobby.
There is a gym and spa but I didn't use, no pool,

Room Tip: The guide on booking.com website and hotel website is pretty good. All windiw views are inner city.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank kay024
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 29 July 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. We are pleased you found the kitchen facility was equipped and room was designed to your liking. The Pantages Team look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Have stayed here three times now, I go to a conference every spring. Been robbed at the Four Seasons, been flea bitten at the Delta Chelsea, been treated like cattle at the Sheraton. This place is great value, big rooms, kitchen area, uility cupboard with washer dryer, huge comfortable bed, perfect.
No room service but right next door to a great diner for brekkie and this is in the middle of Toronto, go out and eat!

Room Tip: Go high, go no smoking, peace and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank HenryTrafalgar
Henry, Thank you for choosing the Pantages Hotel for the 3rd time. We are pleased that enjoyed the spacious room, kitchen area and had a comfortable sleep. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your 4th visit in the near future.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

i lucked out when i booked this hotel on my first visit to toronto 3 years ago. for the pleasure part of a recent trip to toronto, i was happy to return. the hotel was glad to meet the price of an online booking site when i called to book directly.

upon check in i was moved up a few floors and given a spacious one bedroom suite. it's really a complete apartment only lacking a full oven in the kitchen area. i had a view down onto massey hall from a very comfortable and quiet suite.

my room phone was not working and the hotel could not get rogers to fix it over the weekend. instead the graciously completed all my calls for me.

i was given vouchers for continental breakfast at check in . this was an unexpected treat. on my last morning a weekday i hadn't realized that hours were shorter and believed i had not been informed at check in. the desk manager arranged for the waitress to bring down my selections from a presumably remote pantry. kudos to them both!

Room Tip: just ask reception for what you'd like ; if its available i believe they will accomodate you
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank amoamore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I got lucky by finding this deal on DealFind, to stay at this hotel for an evening, in a 1 bdrm suite, with breakfast for 2, a $25 Eaton centre gift card and valet parking for $189+ tax.
As luck would have it, it was a block away from Massey Hall where I was attending a Norah Jones concert.

The hotel was well maintained, quiet and perfectly located providing great access (walking distance) to everything downtown .

The continental breakfast was fine (served in the bar until 10am) and the fitness facilities were pretty decent (though they had no towels). The staff was courteous and very friendly , especially (Ernie ?) the chap that checked us in (looks more like a solid linebacker, bigger than any that the Argo's have !! ) - a super nice guy.

The only down side to this fantastic week-end was that the piano player on Thursday evening was more interested in chatting up the staff than playing the piano (the only reason I put up with paying $12 for a lousy Caesar - I won't do that again :o))

Overall a great and clean location, showing outstanding value and welcoming staff. You can't go wrong in this place on the right side of town !!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Lauder_Calgary
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Just got back from Canada and I have to say my stay with Pantages Hotel was great. If your expecting luxury than you need to go elsewhere. What you do get is a very nice hotel in a great area with good customer service. If I ever make my way back to Toronto, I would totally look into staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fabeww
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

The Pantages (in my opinion) used to be one of the hotspots on the Toronto Hotel scene, but now...not so much.

It's tired interiors are showing their age and one of their more cool features which was the dark modern hallways with interesting lighting has been changed to a coral colour resembling an ordinary hotel chain. Even the chain hotels have flat screens while the Pantages is using the old style tv's with a picture to match. I had to call down to ask a question about using the tv with a laptop and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about and after two calls downstairs I gave up. Upon check in they charged me too much which luckily was caught and on checkout they double charged me for an item in which I had to come back and sort out. Cleanliness seemed to be a bit of an issue as well since we found candy under the bed from the last guest.

Overall the hotel's clientele has changed to families and the hotel has lost its cool. Will not likely return. Tried contacting management with no response.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a more modern approach I'd try elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kyle71473
clalexander, Director of Sales at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Hi Kyle
We truly appreciate your feedback as this helps us improve our future guests experiences. I am happy to report that Pantages is currently replacing all of our Televisions with beautiful LG lcd Televisions. We ar confident by the end of July this project will be complete. We will also be installing prior to end of year a new Television program unlike no other called Selectv. This new progam will enhance our guests experiences tremendously and will even feature on demand TV, Room Service and tour options. We will be the first in North America to provide this service to our guests and are extremely excited. As for your comment on the hallways each floor at Pantages is a different color. Should you decide to give us another chance I would be happy to offer you an upgrade on our cool sleek blue floor as opposed to the coral floor you had experienced on your last visit. In regards to cleanliness rest assured we have revised and improved our cleanliness standards and preventative maintance measures. Once again we truly appreciate your business. We apologise that you feel that we didnt meet your expecations and we commit to improving our standards accross the board to ensure amazing future experiences for you and all of our future guests.
Parma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Just returned from a 2-night stay at the Pantages Hotel & Spa, which is located in a PRIME area of downtown Toronto~literally everything we did was within walking distance of the hotel. Check in was prompt & the front desk staff personable; we were immediately able to check into our room, which was nice. I was hoping for a room a bit higher up, but apparently our "chic" suite which is the room type we were originally booked for, was located on the 4th floor~it would've been a nice treat to be upgraded to the higher floor, especially since this was a special occasion (birthday), but they must not have noticed that in the booking comments (or it just didn't matter to them). I was pleasantly surprised with the size of our room (#419); it didn't have the kitchenette (did have a refrigerator/mini bar) but it was spacious, had a very comfortable bed, had a nice bathroom with a jetted jacuzzi tub & separate shower. The bathroom sink was unlike any I've ever seen in a hotel~it was trough-like & just very unique (not much space on either side for all of my toiletries, though); the lighting in the bathroom could've been better. We had speedy service from hotel maintenance in repairing the stainless steel shelf in the shower. What lacked was the cleanliness of the inside of the shower (mold in the grout), but the housekeeping lady immediately came to re-clean it soon after we checked into the room & asked that it be addressed.
One other point to note is that on the 4th floor, there are NO ice machines...we were delivered a bucket of ice promptly on request, though~not sure how it is on the other floors, but for a hotel that is only 7 years old, there should be no reason that there aren't ice machines on EVERY floor. They also recently switched over to clocks with only IPod docking ~ no cd players; being that we weren't tech savvy with the whole IPod deal, the maintenance man who fixed our shower (he was SUPER!) was kind enough to locate one of the previously used room clocks with a c/d player & nice speakers and set it up in our room. Room windows opened (nice!) & view of Massey Hall was directly out our windows!
Martini Bar on the main level was a nice treat~they had $5 martini specials that we took advantage of & Susan who was the bartender was very personable & helpful with tips about the city. I read some reviews about the staff being snooty & not very sociable, but I can honestly say that everyone we came in contact with was very friendly & personable...
PARKING ~ that's something that really could be improved upon...to valet park at the hotel costs $34 per day...very steep in my opinion, but parking in Toronto is just that way...EXPENSIVE! We chose to park in the public parking garage right across the street & was told that it would be $48 for the 2 days (in & out several times would cost even more) ~ we decided to do that, but just leave the car parked & either walk/take the trolley ($3 fare) or take a taxi if needed; when it was time to fetch the car, the attendant said the price was $66 ~ what a scam that was! We never took the car out & were there for under 48 hrs!!!
We didn't eat at all in the hotel, but did take the opportunity to eat at Fran's Diner which is attached to the hotel on the one corner~in fact, you can walk thru doors in the Martini Bar right into Fran's; the food at Fran's was great & it's been a Downtown Toronto icon for years...the selection of food choices was amazing & the service was pretty darn good.
All in all, I would definitely stay at Pantages Hotel again in the future....there are so many hotel choices to pick from, and after my experience here, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there during another visit to Toronto ~ you just can't beat the location & I did snag a better than fabulous rate on Expedia...give it a try!

Room Tip: A room higher up may be quieter, in general; St. Michael's Hospital is directly across the stree...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple