“Perfect Birthday Getaway!”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #54 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I recently spent my birthday at the Pantages Hotel and cannot say enough great things about it! The decor, the staff, the rooms, the martini's - all are top notch! My house is very loud and chaotic, so I decided to book a room for some peace and quiet. It was just what I needed! Ryan at the front desk was phenomenal. When I arrived to check in, he greeted me with a smile and was extremely kind, professional and was able to answer all of my questions. After I had settled into my room, I was having difficulty with my internet. I called the front desk and Ryan helped me get connected. He even gave me a late checkout the next day! Talk about taking good care of his guests. I would highly recommend staying at this beautiful hotel. I know I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank PJ_Princess_KK
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. Your kind words about the hotel and staff, particularly Ryan at the front desk very much appreciated. I will personally share you’re the feedback with our team. I am happy that you enjoyed room and the Martini Bar whilst staying at the hotel a relaxing time for your birthday. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future.
Happy Belated Birthday

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I just spent one night on business at the Pantages. Friendly, efficient and helpful staff and the location is very good. Unfortunately, despite having some modern-looking furniture in the room, the hotel and rooms just look old and used. It would take some fairly major reno work to overcome this ambiance, but the location would make it worth the investment. Surprisingly, the bed was quite hard - no where near comparable to the Sheraton or Hilton beds. I only raise this because as someone who travels a lot, the quality of bed is a major factor in the hotel choice - we are ultimately there to get a good night's sleep.

6  Thank 4CdnSunSeekers
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback as this helps us improve our future guest’s experiences. I am happy to report that we have recently structured a maintenance program to freshen up the appearance of the hotel and I am positive that you will notice and approve of the changes on your next visit to the Pantages Hotel. I will share your comments about the friendly staff one our daily news letter that is distributed through the hotel.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I just spent two nights at Pantages. A really good location. Near Eaton Center, major streets, across from Starbucks, yet on relatively quiet street. The room was oversized, pretty well appointed with only decent bathroom. Very impressed with front desk staff. We were helped a lot by Ryan and others with restaurants, directions etc. on a bad note on check in they didn't give free breakfast, despite having it included in reservation, and we got stuck in an elevator early on. On good note staff admitted mistake re breakfast, which wasn't much to write home about anyway, and gave us free wi-fi in room to make up for elevator experience. All in all I would recommend this hotel, a good value as well.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Volares
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Thank you for your response about your stay at our hotel and you kind comments about our friendly and helpful staff. Please accept our apology that you were stuck in the elevator, along with the confusion over the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.. Sincerely Ragnar Pederse, General Manager Pantages Hotel

Reviewed 17 October 2012

This was my third stay at the pantages and it was consistent, posh and the service was amazing. Ryan at the front desk is an endless resource for great places to eat as well as key Toronto sites. The rooms are great and always comfortable and spa like. If you want a great hotel in the center if the action I would recommend this one.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Ami0715

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your 3rd stay at the Pantages Hotel. We are very proud of our front desk team and appreciate positive comments about our team. I will personally be thanking Ryan for looking after you. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Pantages is very centrally located – surrounded by shops, restaurants and theatres. Very easy to walk to CN Tower and the harbour. Room was very comfortable, staff were helpful and friendly. Lawrence Street market which is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel is a great place to visit, plenty of history and character.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonnifido
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about on your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. We pleased that you were comfortable found the staff friendly. We take great pride in ensuring our guests feel welcome when visting the Pantages Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I stayed at the Pantages in Toronto this past Tuesday evening on business. I was provided a room that when I opened the door was occupied by a couple engaged in sex. When I returned to the front desk to complain, I was told that I was wrong and that the room was empty. After insisting that I was correct, an employee was dispatched to my room and returned to the front desk confirming my own findings. The room was indeed occupied. I was then asked to wait in the lobby while the occupants were evicted and the room was cleaned. I stated that that was not an acceptable solution and was then provided a new room on the forth floor directly located under the fifth floor gym. Needles to say, the noise and vibration of weights being dropped on the ceiling of my room was surprising and poor value given $300+ a night room rate. The decor of the room was cold, the fixtures cheap and there was no clock or phone provided in the bedroom. Out of five stars I would rate this experience as 1/2 a star at best.

Room Tip: Do not stay on forth floor rooms given the fifth floor location of the hotel gym.
6  Thank Chippers22
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We’re sorry to hear that you were mistakenly given an occupied suite. This is extremely uncharacteristic of our hotel because for us privacy and security are our top priority. I can assure you that the occupants of the first suite you were given were in fact registered guests and not evicted. They were merely enjoying themselves in the suite they had reserved with us for that evening. We did rectify the situation immediately upon realizing what had happened. This was an unfortunate system error and not a security issue and we take complete responsibility for this incident. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the alternate suite you were given. We will be sharing your comments with our management team and staff and will contact you directly to resolve the matter shortly.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I booked a one night stay at the Pantages hotel, travelling on a business trip to Toronto. I picked the hotel because it was conveniently close to the Eaton centre and startbuck, both accross the street. I also booked there because it looked new, modern and highclass.
The hotel lobby is very dark and has neons lights everywhere, it felt more like entering a night club. The guy at the desk was a little too flirty and the manager next to him looked like a mob guy. I walked into my room only to realise there was no chain lock to the door, I did not feel safe. The room was not super clean, the paint was peeling off on the walls, the 2 armchairs were very dirty. It did not feel like a luxurious hotel at all, it gave me the impression that this place was more of an bar kinda place. If you're travelling on business (or even on leisure for that matter) this is not the place to be.

2  Thank fansy39
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. We’re sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned to your standards. This uncharacteristic of our housekeeping staff as we take great pride in the cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel as whole. I will be sharing your comments with our staff. We have recently implemented program to paint and touch rooms that have had bit more wear and tear. We are in the finale process of scheduling a refurbishment of our lobby and Martini Bar towards the end of the year.
Please contact me directly, next time you are visiting Toronto and I will arrange for you experience the Pantages Hotel is proud of.