“Nice location”

Ranked #54 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is near the Eaton Centre and the Dundas Square and it's really convenient. The staff was okay but it seems to be a lack of friendliness and atmosphere in the lobby. I stayed for business for 2 nights and I had an upgrade. My (huge) room was fabulous! Great view on the city, clean room, lots of space and comfy bed. I saw in the other reviews that the floor I was on smelled cigarette. I'm really sensitive to that and I didn't smell it at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
tashie101, Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Pantages hotel is very much appreciated.

I have passed along your comments to our Front Desk staff for immediate review.

If there is anything else that would make your future stays even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel while in Toronto for business. This time I brought my wife and son with me. I stayed in a suite with a kitchenette and a pull-out couch. The bed was rock hard and the pull-out couch gave not support. After trying for one half hour to get ahold of guest services to get extra sheets for the pull-out I went down to the front desk to find the staff watching the Grey Cup game in the Martini bar. The WiFi in the room did not work and a table lamp had a broken cord with the metal plug ends sticking out of the wall...once again I had to go down to the front desk to get this fixed.
The next morning it took one half hour to get in touch with the front desk to get extra towels.
Dues to the issues with the WiFi the front desk upgraded our room at about 11 am, the new suite was nice but the mattress of the pull out couch was stained with paint or wine all over.
At 3:30 my wife and son were in the room after doing some Christmas shopping taking a break and the door to the suite opened and a couple walked in. The front desk had assigned them this suite after giving it to us 4 hours earlier. When my wife called down, the front desk said that the cleaning staff had not marked the room off as being occupied when really this was the front desk staff's responsibility.
Thank goodness someone was in the room at the time.
When we had gotten to the suite the room temperature was 26 degrees Celsius...after turning off the heat and opening the windows it cooled down to 23 degrees C.
During the night the temperature with the heat turned off was unbearable and we had to turn the AC on to get the temperature down to 18 degrees C to be able to sleep in the rock hard bed.
Both suites were also not cleaned very well with dust and dirt in many places...it was as if the staff only cleaned the main paths of travel and highly visible areas in the suites.
Although all of these issues I described are minor they added up and the fact that the front desk was apathetic to our problems and did not take ANY ownership for giving someone else keys to our suite left a bad taste in my mouth.
The ONLY highlight of the trip was the valet attendant who was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan D
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Dan Dignard, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. I sincerely apologize that we didn’t meet your expectations. It was a pleasure speaking with you this morning. I have addressed your concerns regarding the cleanliness, along with following up with the front desk team regarding the lack of ownership and passing the blame onto another department, and being the bar. I will also share your positive comments about the valet attendant. I look forward on hearing back from you about visiting the hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the Pantages hotel for 11 nights, This hotel was a great place to stay and venture out right at in the heart of downtown Toronto, less than a half block away from Dundas Square and Yong Street. The hospitality and service provided by the staff at the lobby/reception area were great and made us feel extremely comfortable, we were provided great recommendations of places to visit, which was arranged and booked for us. We stayed at an amazing suite, and we also booked the couples romantic package including a massage for two at Shizen spa, chocolate covered strawberries and wine in our room, etc... It was all perfect!

Thanks team for the support.

Room Tip: book suites for higher floors for less noise (6th floor-upwards), if book on lower floors be aware o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sh11n3

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Below average hotel with no facilities , old bathroom with a lot of cracks , the room itself looks modern but is not that new . I asked for slippers they said we ran out of them !! Their breakfast is poor with now choices . Breakfast does not include any kind of eggs . The only good this is its proximity to the center dundas square and Eaton center. It is too expensive . I will give it 3 stars hotel not for with a rating of 6 out of 10 .

Room Tip: do not choose this hotel at all
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sultan S

Thank your for sharing your experiences regarding your future stay at our hotel.

We are currently looking into renovating some of our suites and bathrooms. We will take your comments into consideration and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked two nights at the Pantages hotel for my wedding. I chose the prepay deal through their website, which gives a discount for paying in full up front. When I arrived at the hotel to drop off my dress, I checked in no problem, but when I came back later that night I had been locked out of my room. Apparently my credit card didn't go through and they had been trying to get in touch with me all night (my phone didn't ring once). We figured out the card situation and I got back into my room, but I was a little peeved that the room wasn't really charged to my card when they said it was, causing me this extra stress at an already very stressful time.

The room was nice, bed was very comfortable and the street noise was minimal. Good nights sleep.

Next day, when my bridesmaids arrived they asked the front desk to send up wine glasses for us since they had brought champagne, but no glasses ever came.

Overall, I really like this hotel, I just wish they could have been a little more accommodating since it was my wedding night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We have shared your concerns with our Operations staff to look into.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

What happened to the Pantages? It used to be a top notch, contemporary hotel but now the rooms are in serious need of an upgrade. The location is fantastic, and so is Fran's 24 hour diner, but I don't have many other good things to say. Our check in experience was average. The room was okay, but the bathroom was in serious need of an overhaul. The paint was peeling, the sink was cracked and the entire room showed signs of water damage. We found the bed to be really hard and squeaky. Moreover, the curtains didn't fit all of the windows in the room, so it was incredibly bright at night. The air conditioning was turned up to full blast in the hallway, which was confusing since it was close to 0 degrees outside. Also, they've managed to charge my credit card twice. I don't think I'll be returning to this particular hotel, as there's plenty of better options around.

Some advice: Skip the valet parking and park down the street at the Green P parking lot on Queen Street East. You'll save a lot, especially on weekends. Also, skip the hotel's Continental breakfast and head to Fran's diner instead. You can't go wrong!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We are currently looking into renovating some of our rooms including our bathrooms so we will take your comments into consideration and thank you for sharing your honest comments.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Without question Pantages Hotel is my hotel of choice in the city. Great staff, great rooms and great location. Being one street back of Yonge st allows you too find everything you need in the city without going too far. The martini bar below is great for decompressing and the famous diner for breakfast and a late night snack is in the building. Home away from home. Love the rooms which have all been refurbished. Staff are awesome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo