“Great location and fantastic spa, but customer service a bit spotty”

Ranked #55 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here 4 nights on a combined business/pleasure trip. The hotel is very conveniently located across from St Michael's hospital if you need to visit someone there, is across from the Eaton Centre for great indoor shopping, and steps away from the Subway. The rooms have a mini-kitchen and even a washer/dryer which would be great for folks having an extended stay. The highlight for me was the massage from Dave at the Spa...the man is truly gifted and the 15% coupon I received at check-in was put to good use. I found the customer service at the front desk was sometimes spotty. When my hotel room key didnt work one day and I had to return from the 16th floor to get a new one, they replaced it but did not apologize for the inconvenience. I saw the exact same reaction when this happened to another guest. The Martini bar was so-so and the drinks were very expensive. The wifi was not free ($12/day). All in all, this was a good hotel and I think I would return, mostly for the conveniences.

Room Tip: Choose a room as high up as possible to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
tashie101, Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hello steff0566,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Pantages hotel is very much appreciated. We will be sure to share your comments with our front desk staff. Also, we are currently working on providing WIFI to all our guests and this service should be upgraded in the next few months.

If there is anything else that would make your future stays even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay.

info@pantageshotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel was well kept. The rooms large and clean. The mattress firm. Super location. The real treat was the staff. All were pleasant, courteous and efficient. I would like to commend three personnel particularly. Michael and Jeff at the front desk went out of their way to fill requests, beyond what I've experienced at the Four Seasons or Waldorf Towers. Wond (yes that is how his name is spelled) not only took care of the luggage while I was getting coffee for me and my travel companion but made sure we had bottled water for the trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Pantages hotel is very much appreciated. We will be sure to share your experience with Michael and Jeff and are sure that this review will make their day.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

During the last week a member of my family was in St. Michaels - the hotel was conveniently across the street. The rooms were fresh and clean - with kitchenettes - washers and dryer- and a staff that made our stay comfortable. The grill downstairs served a menu that appealed to us. Will be coming back to Toronto in the near future and will stay at the Pantages Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Pantages hotel is very much appreciated. We will be sure to share your review with our team.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This place was amazing! The rooms were gorgeous, modern and clean. The staff was wonderful and the service was the best we have ever received. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. We will be coming back the next time we are in the city

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Recently during icestorm needed to relocate my family due to a lack of power, and due to the holidays wanted somewhere close to all the stores/theatres/restaurants. The Pantages was wonderful on all accounts. The room was large, with full kitchen and even a washer/dryer and stocked with dishes/ dishsoap and laundry soap. The design of the rooms with a partial wall between the 2 queen beds and the bathroom far away (behind the kitchen area) made for a quiet night with no disruption from those getting up a night. The beds were very comfortable, and the room nice and clean -- did not see any signs of significant wear and tear. Finally the staff were extremely kind and pleasant and helpful....when my power came back on there was no problem cancelling the extra night I had booked even though it was afternoon. Also, relative cheap parking is available if you self-park, with under the research building across the street being the closest. Large lot also up under Dundas Square, and valet parking also available. Hotel has room service and is connected to Fran's Diner which is also nice in winter, to avoid needing to go out for breakfast, and many many restaurants in the vicinity, as well as the Ed Mirvish Theatre & Massey Hall steps away, and the Eaton Centre. Would definitely return again with my family, did not encounter any worrisome characters and it is in a very safe section of downtown right next to St Michaels Hospital as is extremely affordable as compared to the other downtown hotels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have been to many of the local yonge/king hotels and this one impressed me as well. It's all about location and this hotel also has a great location. A bit more basic in service and a few blocks off king, but if you can find a discounted price my experience was very enjoyable. There are kitchen suites available, I got one of those rooms on a higher floor.Very nice and fully appointed. Never had a problem with cleanliness or service as others have, but didn't ask for much service either. They were able to give me a king bed with kitchenette for the price I booked. I was very happy overall with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a kitchenette if you want some added options. They even have a washer and dryer in those roo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I attempted to book a room at this hotel yesterday online. Their website gave an error, I call in to say how can I get this rate...well apparently EVEN THOUGH their website advertises the rate for boxing day and didn't bother taking it down they will not honour it. No one called me back as they told me they would, and then I call again today and the guy says there is ABSOLUTELY nothing they can do. Well I will NEVER as long as live book a room in a pantages no matter what! I guess they think they don't need people's money! What a joke!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lyss H
tashie101, Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Hello Lyss H.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your recent experience trying to book our hotel. As you are aware we did have a 24 Hour Boxing Day Sale which ran December 26th, 2013 from 12:00am on December 26th until 11:59pm on December 26th. This sale was a one day only sale. The link you were clicking was most likely disabled by the time you reached it to book as at 12:00am on December 27th our team removed the sale from our hotel website as the sale was over.

We would love the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further at your convenience. Please email us at natashas@skylinehotelandresorts.com We look forward to speaking with you.

Best Regards,