“Hovering between good and very good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Waterloo, Canada
“Hovering between good and very good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am hovering between good and very good in my rating of this hotel. The staff were wonderful, extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was very neat and clean. The bed was comfortable and the atmosphere was welcoming. If I went back, I would request a higher floor though. We were on the 4th floor and the sound from the street did carry into the room. The negative part was the bathroom. A minor inconvenience was the water was not hot. Since it is summer, that was ok, but in winter the water temperature needs to improve.
My major complaint was the mold on the shower walls. The shower had a moldy smell to it and you could see the mold. On the one hand, since I didn't complain to the desk about it, I don't know if I should really complain. My advice would be to see the room first and make sure the bathroom isn't moldy. I have a suspicion the people at the desk would have moved us if I complained. The staff were so nice and friendly, always trying to make you feel wanted.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on a higher floor since the street sound does carry.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank clf51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Midland, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had a medical emergency at St. Michaels hospital and they gave us a sheet of hotels offering a compassionate rate. They refused to honour the rate and charged us full. The bathroom had 2 bathtowels, 2 handtowels and 2 faceclothes. All of which were very thin and rough. For what they charged for one night this is outrageous. The rooms are very large and the queen beds have a partial wall separation which is very nice. The vanity in the bathroom definetely needed some TLC..I would never pay the price for this room again.We took it because we were exausted after spending all day in emergency rooms, travelling the 400 series highways for 2 and 1/2 hours and ICU till after midnight.Room was very clean and beds comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Hobbesl0l20
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel while visiting TO to see a baseball game. We arrived before check in and were quickly accommodated by Pella at the front desk with a lovely room. She was extremely welcoming and treated us like it was her pleasure to have us as her guests.

Ricky was the parking valet and he was super friendly every time we entered or left the hotel. He even enquired how the Jays did.

This was our first time staying at this hotel, and it won’t be our last.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AshBhimani, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Angie W,

Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Ash

Ash Bhimani
Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I chose this hotel for its close proximity to the Elgin Theater. It was just around the block. My room was very clean and for my one-night stay, it was very quiet. There are many food options nearby. The room had a Keurig for morning coffee. Valet parking is $40, but I had booked a package that included $20 parking. I'd highly recommend this hotel for theatre patrons.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Susan V
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Susan, Thank you for such a wonderful review. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Pantages hotel is very much appreciated. If there is anything else that would make your future stays even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I booked the trip for my birthday and although the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful our room was very disappointing. When we got up to our room we were greeted with a floor that was clearly water damaged and coming apart. There was black hair in and on the bed (we have blonde and red hair). We called the front desk and they sent someone up to replace the sheets, as he was doing so he noticed that there was also mascara on the pillow cases. Later that night when we returned from the baseball game, I went to shower. There was a face cloth in the shower covered in makeup ans again more maacara. The night manager came up to room took notice of all this and said he would talk to the day manager, as there was nothing he could do. Upon checkout when my husband raised these concerns we were told that we shouldn't have waited till checkout, even though they had all the notes of complaint in their system.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Gillian Y
Dear Gillian, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Pantages Hotel for your less than positive experience during your recent stay with us. I have passed your concerns on to the Executive Housekeeper and her team. I will be following up with the team on the front desk to address the communication between the team. I tried calling you this afternoon and let a short message apologizing for the experience you had at the hotel and requesting that you call me at your convenience Again, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great place to stay. Perfect location across from St.Michael's Hospital. Has a nice spa, and a workout room. And the service is fantastic! The front desk makes you feel like they are really happy you are there. It makes a big difference. Rapulta was at the desk everyday and she actually made me happy to come back to the hotel after my days of meetings. She was great. She and her colleague (don't know her name) helped me to find a restaurant and helped me with reservations. They are no concierges but went the extra mile to help me. Also Dave was there at 4:00 AM when i had to leave and he was very helpful in getting me to the airport on time. Great staff! :)

Room Tip: stay in one of the suites. nice. :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Bohlero, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay Pantages Hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team and your overall experience. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts and that you enjoyed your visit to the spa. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto
Fergus, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

First time I sayed here. Loved the place. Large room or should I say rooms. All the amenities including the kitchen sink plus cloths washer and dryer. Only thing missing was my wife to do laundry:-)
Just around the corner from Massy Hall (2 minutes walk) maybe another 5 to get to the Eatons Centre. Loads of shopping, restaurants and bars just around the corner plus and on site restaurant bar.

I'll be back and bring my wife.

Room Tip: Had a higher floor witha corner room, great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Paul J, Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel made our colleague’s day. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming back with your wife. Warm Regards, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre