“Would recommend this hotel to anyone” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #46 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
A TripAdvisor Member
“Would recommend this hotel to anyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2005

Stayed at the Pantages Hotel in downtown Toronto on Saturday April 12, 2005. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.
All the staff we dealt with were very pleasant. Room was good size. King size.
Room was well maintained as did the corridors. Renovations continue in the Easy walking access to everything in downtown Toronto, Eaton's Centre and some major theaters are only few minutes walk form the hotel.

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2005

My wife and I had tickets to a concert Jun 12 so we thought we'd make a night of it. I got online and started looking for a hotel through tripadvisor website. I came across the Pantages website looked around (great site by the way) and called reservations..I booked a room for Jun 12... From the moment we arrived at you door we knew we had chosen well... The staff is outstanding!!! Very courteous and helpful on all shifts. From the valet to the desk clerk to the cleaning staff, again we cannot say enough about the staff !!! Norah-Lynn took advantage of the spa while I relaxed and read a book in our room...The room we can't say enough !!! 1502 Beautiful, not what one expects a hotel room to be. From the hardwood floors to the furniture to the bathroom... Well Done !! Your lobby is elegant and the elevator and halls are refreshingly unique. Again thank you and your staff for a job well done as well thank you for having such a unique hotel that we're positive one day soon will be a gem in the city of Toronto's hotel community!! We'll be back to try it out!!! Paul & Norah-Lynn Bradford, ON **

• Stayed June 2005
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2005

I have stayed at the Pantages the last 5 trips to Toronto- I love the comfort of the room- Love the pillows, sheets, bed and love the fridge & goodies they put there for the weary traveller- Great Job! I have told my friends -My only value add- Is change the person at the bar! Reception & valet are great people-quiet hotel for a down town establishment- lots of great restaurants inthe area- Frans is great breakfast & lunch!- All in all we will continue to go there! Thank you people at the Pantages!

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2005

As a former Torontonian, I've had an opportunity to stay at various hotels in the city center area.
The new pantages hotel by far exceeds expectations every time. The bellmen remember you and welcome you back. The rooms are spacious with no details overlooked. The beds are so comfortable and have a featherbed for added luxury, I was actually looking forward to going to bed every night! room service was timely. I love the spa which is so relaxing and . The area is fantastic if you enjoy shopping and very good restaurants in a trendy central area. I will definitely be back.

Stayed May 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2005

I collect hotel stays as a hobby and was a bit concerned about staying at Pantages due to some terrible reviews on this site. I have stayed in everything from Ian Schraeger's group of hotels to the Ritz in Maui...the Old Cataract in Egypt to the Icehotel in Northern Sweden.

While Pantages in not exactly the ubertrendy Delano type hotel it may seem at first to be trying to emulate, it IS a nicely styled hotel with large rooms, nicely designed public and private space and decent service. For the price and location it is a deal! Don't get me wrong, Pantages is not a boutique hotel (the small details are missing)...but the overall impression and value make it worth a stay again next time I'm in Toronto.

The Spa is first class. My partner had a facial which he would give a "B" and I had a pedicure which was top-notch.

The breakfast was sugar...not nice...but 24 hour room service was a treat.

• Stayed May 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank MarkIndpls
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2005

This is the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. The walls are paper thin and the emergency ward across the way is so loud! The rooms near the elevator have the added bonus of the incredibly loud double ding every time the elevator goes to that floor all night long. The service at the hotel is also very poor. They gave away the room we requested and put us in a much smaller room. We ordered room service and it never came. The staff was very unapologetic when we called to find out that the order had never been brought to the kitchen. The only thing boutique-like about this hotel is the small size of the rooms.

• Stayed February 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2005

I just came back from Toronto where I spent 3 days at the Pantages hotel - what a jam!!!
I was welcomed by a very freindly stuff that offered me upgrade to a serenity one bedroom suit at the serenity suits floor. I was amazed to find out how large was the suit that I got (I beleive it was larger than 700 sq !!). The green lighting in the main corridor and the water fountains create a spectacular atmosphere and relaxed me at once. The suit is stuning : totally new, fresh. contemporary but yet very cozy. I had in suit fountain which creates an amazing dance of lights on the nearby wall. The king size bed was beautiful and extremely comfortable, the 2 bathrooms are equipped with hot tub jaccuzzi, separate shower with glass walls and a beautiful zen vanity.
The hotel is very well located just nearby the Eaton centre in downtown Toronto.
I had a great stay in Toronto. I enjoyed touring the city, the shopping, the night life and my stay in the Pantages. No doubt next time Ill be in Toronto Ill know exactly where Im going to stay.
Looking forward to visiting again, love Toronto!!!!

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business