“Way over priced!”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Ottawa
“Way over priced!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I had salmon sashimi and Tuna sashimi and a avocado hand roll. $39 taxes included and nothing to drink.
there were 7 very thin pieces of salmon (the smallest pieces I have ever had) and the same for the tuna.
I'll admit the salmon sashimi ($15!!!) was excellent but the tuna($16!!) had no taste at all.
It took 25 minutes for takeout and there was only 2 other people in there.
After reading reviews I had high hopes but for $40 I was pretty hungry and only half satisfied when I finished eating.

• Visited May 2013

Ottawa
“Quite wonderful. Don't blink though, or you'll miss it.”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Must have walked by this place at least a dozen time. What I shame I've missed such great food for so long. The service was lovely and attentive; not pushy or rushed, we were able to dine. The ginger tea is - amazing. It's the real deal, not from a tea bag. The yam tempura maki roll was wonderful, as was the avocado maki. Hubby had the vegetarian bento and enjoyed with gusto. The pickled ginger was delicate with a good cleansing zing - it wasn't the bottled pink stuff so many places plop on the plate. The tempura fried bananas with green tea ice cream was a lovely finish.When visiting Toronto we will now have this place on our flight path. Seriously, the ginger tea - terrific. The food here among the best we've had in town for the price range.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank travellingdoris
Lille, France
“Excellent service, excellent food”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

A great little restaurant. The waitress was extremely helpful and knowledgeable when helping us to decide. The food was lovely - very well cooked and very tasty. The decor wasn't great but the food was!

Visited November 2012
Brampton, Canada
“Very Slow Service”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We went here on a Saturday supposed to be the busiest day of the week since it was the start of the Downtown festivities in Toronto and most of the hotel guests in the hotels around Carlton street were fully booked for the Santa Claus Parade happening the following day.

We found 3 tables full of diners but there was only one lady waitress/attendant. I kidded the waitress if anyone was absent since she was a little bit flustered by the number of diners coming in the restaurant. We waited for about 10 minutes before our orders were taken and another 30 minutes before our first order was delivered to our table. We were six in our group and our last order was delivered exactly 45 minutes after our orders were taken.

There was only one waitress attending to the orders and delivering food from the kitchen to the table. I also saw two men inside the kitchen , one doubled as a sushi maker at the counter. This restaurant was at the centre of downtown Toronto along Carlton road fronting the Holiday Inn Downtown Toronto which has 23 floors and it was also on top of an office condo. So I can't believe they only have 3 people in the restaurant and they have about 6 tables and 4 cubicles in the entire space. If I was waiting for someone I would probably dine here since they take their time to cook(expect about an hour from order till you pay your bill) BUT if I am in a hurry I would walk out just as what the 2 other diners did when the waitress failed to attend to them after waiting for about 15 minutes.

The food wasnt that great also and the soba(soup) has very few noodles. We paid $200 for food which for me is only worth about $100. I wont recommend this restaurant to anyone.

If you are in a hurry you have a choice of a kebab ,chinese ,subway and a Cora's restaurant just beside it.

• Visited November 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“More Authentic”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

very friendly, got a table by the window and watched the world go by, very fresh and interesting food, would definitely go back

Visited August 2012