“Pictures are misleading”

Comfort Inn City Centre
Ranked #80 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked this hotel for my family of 4. When we checked in we were given a room on the 4th floor, and then we were advised that the elevator was broken. If we wanted a room on another floor we would have had to wait another 2 hours as housekeeping was running behind. This was at 3:00pm. When we got to our 4th floor room I was surprised that they could fit 2 double beds into the small space. The Health Club consisted of 1 treadmill (didn't work) and 1 exercise bike. When we checked out, my wife used the washroom in the front lobby and when she opened the door the shelf on the wall on the bathroom wall fell and almost hit her. She told the front desk and the agent at the front desk replied with "Ok" then turned to do something else. We paid $150 to stay in this hotel and feel like we really over paid.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dilion74
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn City Centre

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I booked this through Hot Wire and was happy with the price and the check in. The hotel is centrally located and walking to the downtown core is easy. However, with no parking, it made it not convenient for business travel.
Caution for travellers, as the area is quite sketchy......walking around the area can be dangerous, as there are crack houses in the street behind.

Room Tip: No restaurant, so only continental breakfast, which I did not go to.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here for one night to catch two Blue Jays games the weekend of August 9th. Really good value here. The rooms were fine and very clean and updated. Service at the desk was very helpful in showing us the way over to the subway and what stop to get off to get to the Rogers centre. We also walked there and back on Saturday which only took about 30 mins. (would be the same time for a CN tower walk)

There's a nice 24 hour store across the street that has everything you need as well. The breakfast room was small, but it was fine and had normal breakfast food, no issues there.

Parking was really none there at all, but a little bit south of there barely a block, there's a nice big lot that we paid $17 for to park there for about 24 hours total which wasn't bad considering the options.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good value, very close to the Eaton Centre as well.

Found it on Hotwire, where they didn't release the name until after I paid, I really lucked out!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here in July 2013. When we first pulled up the outside seemed a little dated however once we walked in it was apparent it had been renovated and was clean/modern. I had made the mistake of booking the wrong date so they didn't have my reservation when I arrived but they were able to make the adjustment and fit me in (thankfully!). The room was downstairs on the lower level and was nicely put together. Again it had definitely been renovated and looked clean/modern. Having a fridge was a nice bonus as I had some water I wanted to keep cool. The only issue was that we had some yellow looking fluid on our bathroom floor which they came and cleaned up immediately. The GM apologized and discounted our room which was very nice.

Breakfast was your average continental breakfast, nothing to write home about but nice to have it included since everywhere else in the city seems to be so pricey. Also,there is no local parking so you will need to find a place nearby, the hotel can suggest several options.

Location is good, we were able to walk down to Yongue st. where all the shopping and restaurants were.

Lastly, I would add, that on my entire trip this was the one night that I slept well. I'm not sure if II was just tired or if the bed was just right and the room had good sound proofing. Regardless, I appreciated the good nights sleep as many other places I stayed I was tossing and turning all night.

I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a clean room for a good price in a decent location. The customer service was outstanding, thanks again to Ann Marie for the help.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Litrally 10 minuet walk from the city centre. Good modern room. Only 4 breakfast tables in a 30+ bedroom hotel ment we had to battle to get food and then take it back to our room. Apart from that a great little hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Good location: convenient to subway, shops and restaurants. Easy walk to Village. Homeless folks may turn off visitors but I never felt unsafe, even at night. While some people found renovations were substandard, the room I had on the top floor was quite good, and the air conditioning was a godsend for a hot, sticky stay.

Room Tip: Room 404 was good. Queen bed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Good location. Very convenient to subway (College and Dundas) and Eaton Centre/Yonge shops and restaurants - easy walk to city centre. Area immediately around the hotel is an eclectic mixture of college students, public/community housing, the homeless, and tourists, and has a variety of cheap eateries.

Substandard renovation construction detracted from our stay. Some issues are cosmetic and can be overlooked, but some were substantive. Cosmetic issues: poor room layout - couldn't fully open mini-fridge door or walk between bed and desk if someone was sitting in the desk chair; substantial gap between room door bottom and threshold; stuffy staircases. Substantive issues: couldn't deadbolt the door - deadbolt was too large for hole in door frame; shower drain was installed on the higher end of the shower stall floor so water overflowed stall edge, flooding the bathroom.

Overall, it's an affordable nightly rate for the proximity to the subway, shopping, and downtown, but the "under construction" feel of the hotel was hard to get past. For a few more dollars a night, you can stay in the heart of downtown at a hotel that isn't a work-in-progress.

Room Tip: Rooms towards back of hotel avoid hot afternoon sun, which makes a difference when you're on an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple