“Amazing Food!”

Church Aperitivo Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Church Aperitivo Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,059 of 8,643 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$15 - US$49
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: Queen St W & Dovercourt
Description: Church Aperitivo Bar celebrates the occasion to gather with friends and family over delicious traditional italian foods paired with the perfect Aperitivo cocktail in a great atmosphere. Complimentary appetizers from Tues-Fri from 5-6:30pm with the purchase of a cocktail. DJ on Friday and Saturday night. Come for dinner and stay all night.
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I continue to recommend this place to everyone I know. The food is impeccable and the service is always consistent. It has a great vibe and atmosphere for a simple dinner and/or special occasion. This place exemplifies outstanding authentic Italian food!

Visited March 2014

“Best chef”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've been to Church a few times and the food, service and wine never disappoints. The chef is so creative and unique...bringing style and modernity to great Italian dishes. I can't say enough about the food...it's a definite must TRY!

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Toronto, Canada
“Mama would be proud.........”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Dinner Saturday night with friends and the place was hoping.
Great ambience.......very classy vibe. Beautiful staff....Jordana, Sara and Jen.
The staff (Jordana) was excellent and the food would make any Italian mother jealous.
Enzo recommended a great Barolo to go with our pasta and meat choices.
We will be back!

• Visited March 2014
Readington, New Jersey
“Ultra Chic and yet down to Terra!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I must start by saying we have kids. Despite that, my husband and I think we are cooler than a polar bear on an ice floe. Because of this, we have trained our kids (4 & 7) to not only behave in nice establishments but to charm the pants off of hosts, hostesses and patrons alike. Therefore we aren't afraid to try a chic hotspot (or, if we are mistaken, a FORMERLY chic hotspot). Church Aperitivo fit the bill of the former category!
We visited Toronto on a very cold week in January. Because we have kids, we do tend to dine early (for their sake and yours, if you're dining next to us...you're welcome).
We arrived around 6:30pm and were greeted in Italian. I decided to take the host for an "Italian" test-drive...after all, if they're really Italian, then I'm going to hold this meal to a much higher standard. They passed. It's a father-son team and they have the place beautifully and artfully decorated: it's a little dark, candles everywhere, streamlined, modern furniture, beautiful severs and bar staff, etc., yet try have some TVs up for those wanting to catch a hockey game (this is Canada, after all, eh?). We ordered tapas style with a bunch of "apperitivi". The kids loved it and so did we (especially the arancini and broccoli rabe with white beans...amazing)!
Now, the reason I know this place is hip is that by the time we left, it was filling up with beautiful 20-somethings, drinking and having dinner. So there it is: you can eat there, even with kids (if you've got them well-trained, that is) and rub elbows with Toronto yuppies in the process! When I come back to Toronto, I will definitely look this place up again.

• Visited January 2014
“Perfection”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Fantastic food and service. Sampled a lot of the appetizers and they were all fresh and authentic. The riceballs were perfect! Can't wait to go back

• Visited January 2014