“Wonderful”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Looked this place up for lunch on the strength of Tripadvisor reviews and we were very glad we did. The place doesn't look like much, we probably wouldn't have even noticed it if we hadn't been looking for it, but the three course lunch menu was delicious and amazing value. The plates looked a picture. If we had had longer in Toronto we would definitely have gone back for dinner.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

$20 for three excellent courses - couldn't believe how good it was, the food was tasty and lovingly presented, high quality ingredients, looked absolutely stunning, the quantity was very generous, the service was fast, attentive and friendly, I don't know how they make any profit charging $20 for the lunch menu. The decor was a little dated but the food was superb, the appetizer I chose was quail, and it came in a martini glass with berries and greens and a pretty starfruit, the bird was tender and juicy, roasted with a rich sauce, and looked like it be worth the price of the entire meal. The main course I got was the salmon (fish of the day) which came as a large thick slice topped with a salad of six different kinds of exotic fresh fruits, fish was crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, with a large side of pretty vegetables, I was very full by the end of it, the dessert was a fruity panna cotta, light and flavourful. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank Lily_plus_Kome
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This place by far is awesome! We found it on tripadvisor and decided to go after seeing a show. When we walk in we thought "oh no" but decided to stay because of the review They were only offering their 3 course dinner option, but everyone found an option. the meal portions were large and delicious! I wish I lived in Toronto to just go here for an awesome meal. They do not have a liquor licence (hope they get one) so we had drinks in a hotel before we went. It cost $60 for 4 drinks and an appetizer that we shared. At Eat Fresh it cost $25 for a 3 course gourmet meal, the bill came to $62 for 2 of us including 2 pop. I will return and I advertise to everyone I see by showing them the pics I took. Kudos to the chef, his wife and staff that work very hard!!

2  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Four of us had dinner here last night and we couldn't believe the incredible value we received. For $25 per person, we we were treated to an incredible three course pre-fixe menu, each featuring creative, well-presented dishes with generous portions. (Note: EFBH does not have a liquor license, so you won't be able to pair your meal with anything alcoholic)

My appetizer was a quail cocktail of sorts, featuring an assortment of fruit and berries. My main was a healthy piece of crack rub spice chicken supreme which lived up to the hype, and the dessert was a light coconut panna cotta with roasted butternut squash. The meal was extremely tasty and filling, but without that awful feeling that you indulged in something bad for you.

Over the course of our meal, our server was always checking in with us, asking about the food, topping us up with water, adjusting the temperature as needed -- so we felt very well attended to.

Afterwards I had a chance to chat with Chef Dan, who told me that business has been up and down in the year and a half that they've been in operating, but they've managed to some regular patrons from the hospitals in the area. The problem appears to be that this restaurant is nestled between several fast food establishments and, as such, most passersby aren't really tempted by a fresh three course meal prepared by a gourmet chef, even if it is incredible well priced -- which is a shame, because they are missing out on a foodie delight at bargain basement pricing.

Chef Dan also mentioned that they also provide catering (both within the restaurant and elsewhere) services and have catered groups of 20 for as little as $200 (unbelievable) and large 1200-person Italian weddings with a 9 course meal.

I can't wait for an opportunity to eat here again and impress friends with this hidden gem.

1  Thank Bahi K
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Found on tripadvisor and decided to pay a visit on a long layover in Toronto. The location and ambiance are not great, but the food is something you would find in a higher end restaurant. The presentation is lovely, and the price is right for a delicious three course meal. We went for lunch. There are just a few tables and the decor is virtually non existent. The food makes up for what the setting lacks. Beautifully presented, fresh and healthy. Portion sizes were large. I had the pork chop which must have been at least 1 pound! Very friendly staff and chef.