“Diva for a Day!”

Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie
Ranked #7 of 117 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: An exotic oasis tucked away in the luxurious surroundings of the Shangri-la hotel in Toronto. Experience a voyage inspired from the ancient rituals of the Middle East to the vineyards of Bordeaux. Old world traditions, introduced into the new world. This will be your Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris journey.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

First, let me apologize if this review is too long. It is just that my best friend and I were at the spa this weekend to celebrate our birthdays and we had the most special time ever and we want to share it with you! I had read reviews about the spa and we were excited about our visit. We were overwhelmed by the exceptional quality of the treatments and the personal service touches from the staff. We were treated like Diva's from the moment we arrived. We cannot say enough about how wonderful all of the staff were. They were so attentive to all of our needs and went and above and beyond to make sure that we were having a great day.

We started off our day by being personally taken to one of the private cabanas by the fabulous pool and hot tub and then moved on to our special treatments of facials and massages. I love a great facial and this was absolutely one of the best facials I have ever had (thanks Alex!). I felt so relaxed and refreshed after. My girlfriend had a massage and loved it as well.

We then enjoyed a delicious spa lunch (with some sparkling wine!) followed by fantastic spa pedicures.

We were never rushed as we kicked backed in the Mediterranean Oasis to allow our toes to dry and relax. (Do not miss this wonderfully private and relaxing Oasis... it is a fabulous place to relax and chat about your day!). Everywhere we went we were regularly checked on to make sure that all of our needs were being met and that we didn't need anything else. If we did make a request, we had very prompt service. The staff were all so friendly, knowledgeable and made our stay just so wonderful!

As we ended our day in the unique and oh-so comfortable lounge, we agreed that this would now be an annual birthday event for us! We would highly recommend the Miraj Hamman Spa by Caudalie to anyone looking to get away, relax and be spoiled rotten. It is perfect for a day alone, with friends or as a couple.

A big thank you to everyone at the spa for making our stay so special! See you next year ;-)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited the Spa this week needing some TLC after a busy long weekend. The experience was exactly what I needed and more! I was beyond impressed with the overall aura of Spa, I felt like I stepped into a Mediterranean Oasis. The staff were friendly and inviting which was a big contribution to my positive experience. I treated my self to a manicure, and my nails have never looked better! I would recommend this Spa in a heart beat to anyone who is looking for a mini escape in the heart of Toronto!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Not a fan of this one- for various reasons the spa managers chose to ignore once I complained therefore I will not divulge as I've already wasted time explaining to the non-responsive staff. The treatments were good but the overall customer experience did not live up to all the hype. I much prefer Scandinave spa as a true getaway from city life. I would not have expected a better customer experience if by default the 18% gratuity was not added to my invoice. I found this spa to be stuffy and lacking a personal touch by the concierge staff.

10  Thank bambooqueen
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went last week for a Hammam & Gommage treatment before the long weekend and had an amazing time. The design aesthetic and architecture are beautiful, and you can't beat the location for ease of access after a long day at work!

The staff were very welcoming, polite, and knowledgable, even when I asked questions about what the specific treatment entailed. The treatment itself was amazing, I've never experienced anything like it. The refreshments after the treatment were also a lovely touch.

I felt so refreshed afterwards! My relaxing experience was definitely worth the price and I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Having visited many spas in other countries and in my own city of Toronto, I do appreciate the unique decor and the introduction to more exotic services in Toronto. And although the lobby is lovely and the lounge is relaxing, the long narrow hallways and squareness of the lounge just reflex the downtown hotel structure the spa is in. I didn't feel that I was able to escape for a few hours and I really wanted to remember my visits to luxury spas in Turkey and Morocco.

I tried the hammam and gommage treatment and found the hammam not nearly hot enough. Also as a single person, I would have preferred a smaller room. I was by myself in a huge steam room that felt awkward. I much preferred my hammam treatments in far away places and the uniqueness of the spa layouts at some of the high end hotels I've stayed in. In addition, I felt the change room was small and with five people in there, you had to move around the others. I will say though, that the technicians were very good and extremely polite. But finally, I didn't appreciate the 18% gratuity being automatically added to my bill and informed by the staff that 'they' could change it should I wish it to be a different amount.

1  Thank Kelly J