“Love the Ramen!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Momofuku Shoto

Momofuku Shoto
Reserve with OpenTable
Momofuku Shoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #516 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$90 - US$150
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Shōtō is located on the third floor of Momofuku Toronto in the heart of downtown Toronto. The three-story building is also home to Noodle Bar, Nikai, Daishō and Christina Tosi's Milk Bar. At Shōtō, guests are seated along a kitchen counter where they are served a seasonally inspired tasting menu by the chefs. Dinner is comprised of 8 - 10 courses and served Tuesday - Saturday. Reservations and walk-ins are welcome.
Buffalo, New York
“Love the Ramen!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had a fantastic lunch here on a Saturday afternoon. Arrived just before noon to avoid the crowds (they do take reservations). The pork buns were outrageously good and the Ramen was homemade and delicious. We had the Momofuku Ramen and the ginger scallion. Both were exceptionally fresh and wonderful Stopped upstairs at Mil bar but we were too stuffed to have dessert!!! Next time for sure!

“Daichen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Well it rare that I get excited to go to a new restaurant. I have heard about this place from NYC and was busting to go. Upon entering you walk right into the noodle bar and on the 3rd floor is Daichen. The food was very unique and was great. The buns and rice cakes where seriously off the hook. all the other stuff was very good but the steak i would pass on. All the food was so original but the steak just like any other. The whole place had a great vibe and I highly recommend this place to any foodie less the steak. Enjoy its worth it

Toronto, Canada
“If you are a fan of pretentious waiters”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was there to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were up at the 3rd floor. We ordered the bo ssäm, and a bottle of wine. The decor was great, food was al right, and the service was unacceptable. After picking at the pork for about an hour, we needed a different taste in our mouth. We kindly asked the waiter if there were any other sauce available (specifically bbq sauce). He seemed shocked we would make such a request, and was mumbling a whole bunch of stuff under his breath. The waiter reeked of smugness. The only sauces they had was Siricha (which was watered down to the point where it tasted like water with a hint of spice), pureed kimchi, and chopped green onions. If you want anything else, I suggest you smuggle in a bottle of actual Siricha or better yet, BBQ sauce. Would I go there again? Nope. If you are a fan of pretentious waiters, food lacking in flavour and limited options, this may be the place for you.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
“On a Cold Windy Day Hot Ramen Hit the Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I went to Momofuku Noodle Bar with a colleague who had raved about a previous visit to the eatery. We went a little early for dinner since the seating is "family style" and we wanted to make sure we got a table with chairs that have backs as opposed to the high tables were you sit on stools.

The vibe was good as was the service. everything were ordered was tasty and prepared as discribed. The meal was perfect for the weather that day in Toronto and I left feeling full but not stuffed. while not inexpensive it is also not overpriced and the portions are generous.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is probably one of the best meals I've ever had, and I've been to some nice restaurants. After watching David Chang's PBS show, we were excited to eat at a Momofuku location. The food was exquisite. The pork buns were amazing and the ramen was excellent with many subtleties in flavour. I also had an excellent cocktail.

Honestly, if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be those pork buns! The chefs at Momofuku really love food and finding new creative ways to feature it. The value for money is really exceptional considering it's not extremely expensive.

Afterwards we went upstairs to the milk bar-- I was a bit disappointed as I was expecting more of a café, but it was just a very small refrigerated store with some pre-packaged items. I guess the milk bar items are made in NYC and shipped in. Still recommended, however!

• Visited September 2013