“Not a bad place to stay for those who like to stay thrifty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mina's Guesthouse

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mina's Guesthouse
Ranked #44 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Not a bad place to stay for those who like to stay thrifty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed here for two weeks and have to say I had a very enjoyable stay. The Ritz it is not but for the money I had to pay versus the proximity to the centre of downtown it was great. The area is a bit "special" but as long as you are sensible and safe nobody annoys you. The house is very secure and it is so quiet. I'd stay here again in a second.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arya Akbari N, Manager at Mina's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Hi

Thank you for your clear and honest review. You effort to write such valuable review will help us to grow and helps our future guest to make decision wether this is a right for them or not.

I'm looking forward to see you soon.

Regards

Arya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Everything was fine and very nice environment with other guest staying in the guest house. I like the nice kitchen and the park close to the guest house, nice place for jogging :-)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello !

I don't know how to appreciate our guest who take their time to leave such nice reviews ! but I'm sure other review help them to make decision and they are trying to be helpful to our future guest as well.
Thank you Hear Hengameh to choose our guest house for second time,I'm looking forward to host and serve you soon.

Regards,
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We just about walked out after walking in and seeing our room. The place is very run down, and at first glance, appears to be the kind of place that might have insects or vermin. After checking a bit more thoroughly we decided to try it for one night and see how it went.
Well, the place IS clean and the other guests ARE quiet - with the exception of one pair who had quite a group take over the kitchen one night. There were no bugs or anything such, and seeing as how we had no intention of doing much more than sleeping, we decided to stay. Also decided to forego use of the kitchen because I don't know who says it is clean, but obviously standards differ because I wouldn't call it clean for a personal residence, let alone a paid accommodation although we did see a woman there cleaning at least twice during our week long stay. I think she was in daily, or every second day.
We were in a basement room and everytime someone ran water on the street level floor, it sounded like it was running right in the room. Same with footsteps. In fact, sawdust or something fell from the ceiling onto the dresser daily. Very poorly done repairs, evident they are trying to save a buck everywhere they can, such as piecing together trim rather than using one continuous piece. Cover missing on an outlet right at the head of the bed. I'll post a few pics of some of the worse, so you aren't under any delusions like I was when I booked. Kitchen supplies were very tired looking for the most part. Perhaps garage sale items?
In spite of all this, if you are looking for a bare bones place to sleep, where you can heat up simple meals, this fits the bill. Beds were comfortable and bedding was clean. Security system was excellent,which is good because the neighbourhood is very colourful and varied; hookers, druggies, also yuppy types and students. Appears to be kitty corner to church with an outreach program, so it really attracts interesting types.
Public transportation is right outside and runs very frequently, close enough to down town to walk, convenience store directly across the street. NOT a place for families or single young women if you will be outside after dark.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank CanadianRoadRunner3
Arya Akbari N, Manager at Mina's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Hi

We appreciate your honest review on our guest house.there are couple points I would like you to consider when you are writing reveiw. First of all we have shelter around corner and poors come there to get meal,next time around if you are coming Toronto make sure you remind us to destroy it so you would not see poor and homeless. Second this poor may ask you for money or smoke but never attend to hold you u so area is niether most prestij nor dangerous, to just remind you this house has been guesthouse for past 25 years, third did you see any thing happend to any one while you were here or if you we're out midnight and you got disturbed by some one? also you forgot to mention how much you have paid for your stay in downtown Toronto.
Room 10 is our cheapest room in the house which goes for $855/ month and please add this to your review and as tip next time if you want to get a first class room just increase your budget to $250/ night and stay in Crawn Hotel around the corner of Jarvis and Dundas which is three minut walk to our guesthouse. Just let you know with money you spent you could not even stay in back packer share room with 4 others for $40/night. I saw your profile and you travel all the time and you sure know how quality and price works before you make review and make commend like that tell others what kind of service did you get for the money you paid then you know what other reviewers talking about.
I hope next time you are here in Toronto you come and check out our other rooms and hopefully they will be more satisfying to you!
Our business depends on our guest satisfaction and we are trying in any way to earn it.
Our warmest regards on behalf of Mina's Guesthouse staff

Management
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed at Mina's for 2 weeks; would stay there again; good value for money; happy to recommend it. Fully equipped kitchen. About a 10 minute walk to the subway, but you can grab a streetcar from corner 30m from front door. Small store across the street. Very convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arya Akbari N, Owner at Mina's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Hi

Thank you for taking your time and writing review. I'm really glad we could provide a satisfactory service and comfirtable stay for you.
I'm looking forward to see you again soon.

Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have to say Mina's guest house feels very much like home. actually home away from home. staff members are very friendly location is great. If you have family or couple looking for extend stay I do recommend North York. A. clean B. very convenient for anything you would need.C.Owner is very nice and there is no if or may be just simple yes. of course I will come back only if I can make reservation usually they are busy. " just like you had long day from your work and come home"
Alex -Uni from New York

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Hi

We are greatfull for your useful and nice review. We are looking forward to serve you again any time soon.

Regards

Vladivostok, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Hi! I lived for many nights and this house become the real home for me. House looks very nice, rooms are renovated, absolute clear. Furniture brand new. Loudry included. And for sure in this very popular place you can't find as clean and nice home for that resonable price. By the way landlord nice gay ;).

Room Tip: in house Young&Sheppard best choise is room #1
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Dear guest !!

Your review is really helping us to run our business but more than that will help other guest to get a feel about our Guesthouse. We and our future guest who is factoring your review to book and stay with us appreciate that you have taken your time to leave this note.
Looking forward to be you host for your next trip to Toronto.

Cheers!!!!
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights at the 246 sherbourne location, and was quite surprised at the value of this place. My room was very clean and tidy on the third floor - room 8. There's several cafe within a couple minutes walk, and an arboretum just north 5 minutes. China Town is a bit further, but definitely within walking distance. I really liked staying here - kind of felt like I was staying at a relative's house. Nice feel to the place.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arya Akbari N, Owner at Mina's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Hi
Thank you for your nice review. this is really helping other guest to get a feel of the place.

I'm looking forward to see you here again.

Take care