“Best Bargain/Location Location Location”
Review of Mina's Guesthouse

Mina's Guesthouse
Ranked #42 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Phoenix, United States
“Best Bargain/Location Location Location”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Please recall the old saying about ",,,not judge the book by the cover"! My first impressions of Mina's were less than sterling but as I moved into the house and got to know the place and especially the location...my goodness,,,I defy you to find a better location in the very heart of Toronto and especially the access to public transit, at these prices! Mina's Guesthouse is clean, courteous and so unbelievably convenient. I always enjoy my stays here, I will return and I recommend it to the seasoned traveler or the basic beginner looking for competitive pricing and great conveniences.

Room Tip: I've stayed in two different rooms and both were fine.One was on the top floor and the last one...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Arya Akbari N, Owner at Mina's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hi

Thank you again for staying with us and writing such a nice review. I hope to see you soon.

Best Regards
Arya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Zagazig, Egypt
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Mina's guest house .
the house is in downtown area very good and safe location .
it is nice and clean . you have options to choose a large or small room according to your financials and overall the prices are reasonable .
the house owner is a nice man . you can trust him .
enjoy your stay at Mina's guest house as I did.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Hi Ashraf!!

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a great review .

I'm looking forward to see you agin in near future.

Best Regards.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Me and my daughter stayed for almost a month at Mina guest house and we found it very good. Street car and bus at door step. It is very near to Dundas square downtown almost 2-3 minutes through street car and 8-10 minutes by walk. Shops and Restaurant's near by. It's a clean tidy place with a wonderful kitchen. free net access and Rogers cable. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Thanks to dale, jasmine and edwin for providing us such a wonderful time which we fully enjoyed through our vacation. We found it a confortable and safe guest house.

Room Tip: go online at website and choose accordingly
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AbidAlam
Hi there,

It was a pleasure to host you and your beautiful daughter !!! Thank you for taking your time and righting this review this will really help our visitors to get an idea before booking with us.
I hope to see you guys again in near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I joined a program in downtown for 1 month, I stayed in Mina's guesthouse. I enjoyed my stay in this place, it is very close to every thing. the Young/Dundas square less than 10 min. walking , supermarket cross the street , restaurant every where, Rabia supermarket is 3 min walking and open 24H.

The Room was very clean, the place was warm and the option to use the kitchen was great so in some times i cook my self. all the time i see the kitchen is clean and ready for me.

If I will plan a next visit to Toronto this place will be my first choice and I'll recommend it to my friends as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi

I really appreciate you have taken your time to write this generous review.this will help us to grow our business.
I apologize to respond late.

I'm looking forward to see you in near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed at this guesthouse (room 4) for just over a month in January 2014. Main advantage of this place the location and the price. The place itself isn't too flashy but it has everything you need and would expect for what you are paying. The staff were very helpful and were on call 24hrs if there were any problems. We were even offered the same monthly rate when we decided to extend our stay for an extra few days which we very much appreciated. Only drawback is the area itself. Not dangerous, just a few weird characters roaming the streets. The building is quiet and secure, and is very close to all forms of public transport.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi there,

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your stay with us.
I really appreciate your honest feed back about our services , place and location. this is the best review we have received.that highlighted everything.

I'm looking forward to see you guys in near future.

Best Regards,
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have just returned from Toronto and stayed in Mina's Guesthouse for almost two weeks. I was very pleased with the service, the cleanliness and quaint Victorian architecture. The pricing is very competitive which certainly is important when trying to stretch your travel dollars. The most exciting aspect for me is the convenient location of Mina's.. the bus literally drops you off at the front door and Mina's is so close to everything that IS Toronto!

Room Tip: if u have a lot of luggage choose a lower floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Sir. Les!

Thank you for your nice feed back,Well I think your are happy with our services because you are already back in May.
I'm sorry I'm writing this review respond late I hope we get more feed back from you and looking forward to serve you any time you are visiting Toronto.

Warmest Regard
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Would have rated "Good" if that had been an option as "Very Good" seems too much but "Average" too little. The room was a very warm (which was both pleasant and unpleasant depending on outside temperatures), but the bathroom very cold and the shower turned to ice if you flushed the toilet.

The building itself is very secure but the neighbourhood seems quite shady to the point where we were glad to have so many locks. The people we met were friendly, helpful and a pleasure to talk to however so, overall, we were quite happy with the experience!

Rated "Terrible" for Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre as we never saw them!

Room Tip: We were in room one which was fine, but we heard a lot of traffic outside include a frequent stream...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Arya Akbari N, Owner at Mina's Guesthouse, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hi Mike !

I really appreciate that you take your time to write this review which will help people to make better decision.
I only see two concerns in your writing,
First I don't know how flushing toilet would bring the shower temperature down to freezing since cold water is used for flushing toilet it would make more sense if you said that if toilet flushed shower temperature would go high or burn you which that wouldn't happen since our shower valves are pressure balance valves. Anyways if you have brought temperature dropping in shower I would have looked into it since no one has brought this to my attention but I will look to fine what is the problem.
Second as I have mentioned in other reviews respond there is a shelter around the corner which provides food to homeless and you see homeless to hang out I front the church more than other places but I can guarantee you the area is safe because I'm in this location since 2004 and we never had any incident happens for any of our guest or student houses next door and police alway 24/7 patrols east side of downtown of maximum security.
Third I have not advertised any fitness Center of swimming pool but if you asked me I would tell you that there is fitness Center with water Center and swimming pool if you walk less than 10 minutes toward Parliment street (east) on Dundas street.
But after all I thank you for staying with us and shared your opinion with others I'm looking forwarded to host you guys agin.