“The most divine hamburger is only the start”
Review of Richmond Station

Richmond Station
Ranked #5 of 8,938 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Richmond Station is a stopping place, a bustling neighbourhood restaurant in the downtown core. We are committed to delicious food and excellent hospitality.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Went for my hubby's birthday dinner last night - it was wonderful. We had a hard time getting a reservation, but in the end they got us in. The service was lovely and attentive, but the real star is the food.

Oysters - fresh and briny, probably some of the best I've had in the city.
Scallop tostados - innovative, with just the right amount of crunch and flavour.
Kimchi Sweet Potato Chips - they were fabulous - spicy, hot, inventive

In fact inventive, creative, innovative and delicious described our dinner. Hubby had the smoked trout which was great. I had the divine hamburger. We had desert. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it.

2  Thank BmmrBabe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had dinner at Richmond Station on a Friday night and it was packed so make reservations. They have regular tables and also high tops. The menu was extensive with lots of daily specials and a great wine list. I had a lobster appetizer which was nice and light with an all meat entree. My husband had a burger stuffed with short ribs. All yummy! The clientele seemed to be in their 20's and 30's and well dressed but not fancy. Fun lively place.

3  Thank PatienceWonderful
Ryan D, Owner at Richmond Station, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thanks for posting a review and letting others know about your experience. Hope to see you back in again sometime.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times since it opened. Each time the experience was enjoyable, and I took business associates, staff and friends to eat there. However, in this occasion, the experience was horrendous. I ordered the special of the day, a beef buurguignone . I asked the waiter for "medium well" and the hollandaise sauce on the side. She had me waiting for 45 minutes, and when the food arrived, it had the sauce on top, not on the side. She told me "sorry, I made a mistake" and if I wanted it I would have to wait another 40 minutes. I told her that was unacceptable. the steak was overcooked, almost burned. I was upset that she showed ZERO concern for the fact that I waited very long for a bad meal, other than to say "I will take it off the bill", which is fine, but she should have offered to give me a glass of wine, or a dessert, or a coffee. She was completely uncaring about my meal or my time. She should have sent the manager to discuss the situation. She was more concerned with other customers hearing my complain tin the communal table than with addressing the situation. I have been to the restaurant multiple times, but I think that they need an attitude adjustment. They got a little too busy and too popular, so they are no longer caring as they were at the beginning. For what they charge, they should be a little more concerned about a regular customer. If they treat regulars like that, they can rely on tourists from the hotels. They obviously think that they can get more business than they can accommodate for their overpriced food.

9  Thank QueenStreetLaw

Thanks for posting a review of the restaurant and I want you to know that we take your criticism to heart.

You've done us a favour by pointing out the shortcomings of your last experience and have pointed us towards some obvious places for improvement. We work hard to make every guest experience special and we clearly lost sight of that during your recent visit.

I can see from your history that you've been in before, and that you've had great experiences in the past. I hope you find an opportunity to come back again so we can show you a great time again. When you return, please ask for Ryan or Julia. Hope we see you.

Cheers,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a nice little restaurant, which we visited for lunch. They had a prix fix menu which was great value. The food is uncomplicated but really well prepared. I had a burger made from a sausage, which was nice for a change! Also, lobster bisque was really good.

Don't expect fine dining, but really good tasting food nonetheless. Price wise really decent value.

1  Thank Amsterdam-duo
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We don't really get to do lunch anymore. Time was when we both had expense accounts and we had to fit work into three hours pre-lunch and two hours before we could go home. Those were the days. Now it's all about dinner for us, but we were in Toronto for a short break and I read about Richmond Station: it's in a downtown area where I imagine many of the lunchtime diners have to get back to their offices, so after spending three hours at the David Bowie exhibit at AGO (fantastic), at 2.30 on a Tuesday, we thought we'd wander down there with no reservation. No problem to get in. We sat at the bar and treated ourselves to a glass of wine, a Cosmo and perused the menu. It all sounded good but we ended up ordering burgers. We were just in a burger mood. And you might think that $20, even $20 Canadian, is a lot of money for a burger, but I can tell you that it was one of the best burgers I ever had. The meat was smooth and incredibly juicy, with a chutney layer and also a mayonnaise layer. Lovely soft bun and unbelievably good fries, with rosemary and salt - we needed more drinks to wash it all down. Although the place was quiet it felt friendly, the staff were around, chalking up the blackboard and beavering away in the kitchen, getting ready for what would undoubtedly be a busy evening. It felt like we had the place to ourselves, and a lovely place it is too.

So glad to hear you came in for a late lunch. There is something so calming about a relaxed lunch with no deadlines on the other side. We've made a decision to be open all day so we do not close between lunch and dinner service. Our Pantry menu is available all dayand we're always happy to see guests drop in mid afternoon and for us its the best time to meet people travelling in Toronto.