“Amazing experience”
Review of LaVinia Restaurant

LaVinia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
LaVinia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 8,507 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended so I brought a friend to try it out. We were greeted by the Chef himself!? It was a good start. The server, Ross was extremely nice, helpful and knowledgeable. We tried a whole bunch of tapas each as tasty as the next all accompanied with a very good and affordable bottle of Rioja. For our main course we had a paella which was just as good as any I have tried in Spain.
All in all, it was a wonderful experience and one that I would encourage anyone who wants to have a good time while having a perfect meal to try

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Carlos R

• Korean first
“Incredible!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

One of the best places I have ever been to! I loved it. Service, food, atmosphere... everything!
My wife and I were celebrating out anniversary and everyone there made it truly special for us, from the quality of the food and the service to the special attention of the chef. Outstanding.

• Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“A good flavor of Spain in Toronto”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very tasteful Spanish restaurant in Toronto where I have rediscovered the flavors of the small and local restaurants in which I used to eat during my trips to Spain. The portions of the tapas are enjoyable, the food is well prepared and the flavors are genuine. The paella was a bit too "al dente" - otherwise it would have been a straight 5 out of 5. The ambiance is cosy and the limited number of tables makes the place event more pleasant. Open view on the kitchen - a nice to have feature to see very transparently what happens in the back of the scene.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Francesco F
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We are known as regulars at Lavinia. Food has always been excellent and the staff always welcomed us as part of the family. Due to this, I've asked Fernando to plan a special tasting menu for my partner's B-Day. I gave him some input and my budget and I let the chef prepare his showcase.

Iberico ham as "mise en bouche", started the night. We then had seared foie gras on mushroom and fennel. He knows how to satisfy his Frenchies!!! Then a super lobster salad served with a little pinch of dark chocolate ganache. Absolutely surprizing!!!

To calm down and make room for the rest of the dinner, a beautiful gazpacho with a lime sorbet. Yummy!!! Then followed a mahi-mahi with a ginger and saffron sauce. We were ready to lick our plates!!!!!! Then extraordinary lamb chops, simply served with a mustard and lamb jus sauce and asparagus. Please help us!!!!!! To die for.

We ended this food festival with a round of dessert: chocolate tartuffo, mango cheese cake and chocolate crème caramel.

So if you like Spanish cuisine, the regular menu will satisfy your craving but if you want more, feel free to contact Fernando and his team in advance and feel free to ask them to prepare a special night for you. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you again for that outstanding night. Thank you to Ross and Jaimie for their service. We'll be back!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Eric B
“Fab food in Mimico”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

great Tapas and wonderful staff The chef comes to the table to ensure you are enjoying the meal. I love that the food is fresh and the flavours are exciting and exotic.

Visited January 2014