“Big theatre with a big screen”
Review of Scotiabank Theatre

Scotiabank Theatre
Ranked #125 of 530 things to do in Toronto
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Conveniently situated in the heart of Old Toronto, this cinema has everything that you need to enjoy the latest movies on a big Imax screen.

Underground parking is available in the same building. Only one problem that we had is that we couldn't get directly from the parking to the cinema, so we had to go upstairs and walk to the entrance.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I went to see a show after I went to the International Home Show that was great.
The staff at this place talk more to each other than trying to help a customers.
When I tried to place an order for food the guy was so daft. During the show kids had Cell Phones on and talking with each other and making out.! Well I left and explained to the Manager what was going on and I told him. To start with they have way to many staff who just stand around and talk to each other. My Opinion they need to do a lot better. The place is big but I would not go back. Also the kids are so rude and I asked the person in front to turn her cell phone off. She told me off. The kids today are the Future. Heaven help us.!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Visited this ENORMOUS theatre several times during my four year stay in Toronto as an international student from 2009 to 2013.

There's a really steep escalator leading up to the theatre on the top floor thats always fun to ride. Once you ascend to the summit, there's an array of food vendors and a bar next to the glass windows offering great views of downtown.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Great movie theatre, concession stands, IMAX theatre, but do not not go Fridays and Saturdays! The rest of the week, they validate your parking at the nearby Parkway underground parking, you pay $5. Not for Fridays and Saturdays though, when 3 hours cost you more than a movie, $15, or if you linger at the bar, $20 for 4 hours! Parking is also misleading, the rates are not posted at the entrance of the parking lot at street level, you find out only when you enter and it is too late to come back. I guess they should validate those days too, maybe at a higher price, say $10. I will go back again, but not like that!

29  Thank George O
Reviewed 7 May 2013

If you are downtown Toronto, and you are in the mood for a movie, then this theater is a good choice. There are lots of different movies playing, IMAX and other special theaters, the regular food stands and a great view from their windows.
In addition, a couple of times of year you may be lucky enough that a film festival is using a few of the theaters here.
There is also a church group that meets here on Sunday mornings.