“My fav. mall!”

Scarborough Town Centre
Ranked #99 of 513 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: The Scarborough Town Centre is a shopping mall in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada. It was constructed by Oxford Properties and opened in 1973 to become the ninth largest shopping mall in Canada, fifth largest in Ontario and third in Toronto by retail space, making it one of the five major shopping malls in Toronto.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My fav. mall!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

It's not technically right in Toronto but with our awesome public transportation, it's not too far. I have been going here ever since I moved to Canada with my family (as a kid).

Over the years, the mall has undergone some improvements and expansions and I have to admit...it became my fav. mall! I used to shop a lot (and work at) at the Eaton Centre, in downtown Toronto before. But I don't like that place anymore. I don't care how trendy and upscale they're trying to become. Over the years, Eaton Centre has been going under and becoming desperate and fake.

Take it from a local. I have grew up here, I know each of the malls we have here. Scarborough Town Centre is the real deal. It doesn't pretend to be anything. This mall has pretty much everything one may need/want to shop for. I am not a shopaholic (not all women are), but even I can easily spend 4/5 hours in STC. I make the trek from downtown Toronto to there (Eaton Centre is a 15-minute streetcar ride away, but I go here just for my fav. stores and number of choices, if I wanna check out others).

STC is not a luxury mall like Yorkdale Shopping Centre, but it's a very nice mall with a healthy mix of stores. Everyone can find something. Men, women, children, couples, family, teenagers, young professionals! Check their website for store directory and services, lots of big, Canadian and International names. STC also a full-size movie theatre (where I have been catching movies with friends and family all my life) and 2 food courts, serving up pretty much any cuisine you can imagine!

1 Thank Priyanka H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good place to shop”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

It is a good place to shop. We go weekday evenings as it gets crowded during the weekend. There are a variety of shops. Accessible by subway and bus.

Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“This is where locals go to!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

This was something different!!
Friend decided that we needed to go out.
Was a breathe of fresh air.
Shopping over there was a little different then going Downtown..
We walked and did a little shopping at Tommy Hilfiger..
The staff there were quite helpful.
There is a food court over there and what I decided to get was some Poutine from New York Fries,Taco Bell and my friend got Chinese fried rice that wasnt really up to expectations.
Shopping overall was a different experience as I didn't feel like a tourist..
I liked the mall in general!

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Excellent Mall”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Years ago the Scarborough Town Centre was a little rough but that has certainly changed in recent years. Everything is much better!
This has become a vibrant hub in the community with government offices nearby, a major transportation link and tons of great stores and restaurants.
I would not consider this mall as anything too interesting for tourists but it has all of your shopping and dining needs in a clean, and updated environment. Convenient to the highway, it is easy to get to and has lots of free parking.

Visited July 2013