“A Great Day”

and up
Special Event Summer Sail in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Group Sailing Escape from the busy city and spend 3 hours sailing. Our most popular sail starts daily at 10am, 2pm and 6pm. Also check our special sails planned for holidays and other Harbourfront activities and available for individual ticket purchase. -------------------------------------------------- Private Charters In Toronto, our fleet includes 4 yachts available for private charter. The 3 Beneteaus (37-42') have a capacity of 10 passengers each and are available for Team Building or any Private Function. All come fully loaded and include Captain and Crew. -------------------------------------------------- Sailing School Gone Sailing Adventures sailing instructors are Transport Canada licensed and certified by Sail Canada to provide the best instruction possible. -------------------------------------------------- Destination Sails Spend a sailing vacation on luxury yachts with our experienced skippers worldwide. Imagine staying in a five star hotel with uninterrupted sea view and ever changing landscape. Our experienced skippers will pour excitement into your vacation and make the journey a memory of a lifetime. We will cook delicious breakfast and lunch, using the freshest local products and will be ready to refill your cocktails at any time during the day.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I took my son on our 2nd sailing trip with Gone Sailing. Howie and Rachel made our day perfect.
Weather was great, snacks are good too. Rachel took our pictures but I was disappointed that she didn't tell us that we would have to bye them later, I would have asked her to use my camera, I think next time a little warning would be appropriate. Overall very happy with our sail.

All reviews
"hour sail"
in 8 reviews
"captain and crew"
"mate john"
"private sailing"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this adventure"
"great boat"
"sailors"
"sails"
"boats"

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked the fireworks trip for Canada Day. Great trip with a great crew. Thanks for the best experience.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

we saw the deal in groupon and decided to give this a go. as a long time toronto resident we always thought this is something for tourists to do. we were pleasantly surprised! it was a relaxing evening. we got lucky because the other folks in our group didn't really want to "learn to sail", we all just wanted to enjoy the scenery. the captain saw that within the first 5 minutes and he happily obliged. this is a good way to pass the time and the view of toronto from the water was amazing!

tips:
* construction on queen's quay will be a challenge, allow plenty of time to get to the dock if you are planning to drive
* there are not washrooms nearby so make sure you go at one of the coffee shops/restaurants before you get to the dock (shoppers across the street has a decent washroom but you'll need to ask the staff for a code)
* try not to bring too much gear it'll just be in the way, apart from your camera, sunglasses, hat, jacket, you wouldn't need anything else
* make sure you bring a jacket!!! once you get to the open water it gets pretty chilly --- i think it went down to 9C or 10C on the boat and this is mid-june!
* if you're going for the evening sail (6PM-9PM), be prepared for the bugs! they started coming out around 7PM. thank goodness we had jackets and hoodies on, otherwise, they would have had a field day with us!

3  Thank bazingga_08
Artem S, Public Relations Manager at Gone Sailing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for joining our crew for the evening 3 hour sail.
Our introductory group 3 hour sails are designed to give an option of participating to the extent guests want: learning the new sailing skills or sunbathing, while enjoying Toronto skyline and Lake Ontario breeze.
The captain will always try to catch the mood of the group and lead the sail accordingly. I am glad that night was one of those perfect guesses, but if any of our future guest will feel like grabbing the wheel and learn more, please don't be shy.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I privately chartered the "Robbins Nest" for my birthday last weekend and it was worth every penny! From the moment we walked up to the boat, Captain Howard made our experience extremely enjoyable. The boat comfortably fit the ten of us with plenty of room to spare. We sailed from 6-9:30 so we has a beautiful view of the sun setting behind the skyline. Gone sailing adventures has topped my list of summer activities in Toronto and we will absolutely be booking again in the future! It is a unique and extremely relaxing way to see the city. Bring a camera and good company, this trip won't disappoint!

1  Thank samsamwhite
Artem S, Public Relations Manager at Gone Sailing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thanks for your review. On behalf of the crew I would say that it was a pleasure to welcome and serve your guests on the Robins Nest Too. Have a great summer!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had the pleasure of being invited aboard Bette K. by Howard Colt in the summer of 2013. I owned a sailboat for three years, but as I didn't have the time to enjoy it as much as I should, I decided to sell. So, when I received an invitation from Howard to spend a few hours on the water, I promptly jumped at the opportunity.
If you are into sailing, or if you're just looking to spend some time doing something different, or even if it is just to see the Toronto skyline from a different angle and enjoy a nice sunset, try this, I had a swell time and I'm sure you will too. I don't have pictures but I made a Youtube video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3t8NI0aD8&list=UUTCxGAVXD0hqcj9IuFaQu_w