“Great ambience! Even greater food!”

Amsterdam BrewHouse - On the Lake
Ranked #134 of 9,690 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Fusion, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Where Locally Crafted Beer Meets Fresh Artisan Food! Our menu showcases some of the most creative uses of not only beer, but elements of the entire brewing process. From cooking with spent grains, making reductions from young beer, and creating braises & sauces from our many brewed-on-site adventure beers, we use it wherever we are able! Our pier location, directly on Toronto's waterfront, provides an unparalleled 270 degree view of Lake Ontario. Centrally situated in the Harbourfront neighborhood, we offer the convenience of being a short walk from all the cities top attractions, including the Rogers Centre, CN Tower, Metro Toronto Convention Centre and Air Canada Centre, as well as its vibrant Financial, Entertainment and Theatre districts. Our 14,000 square foot facility offers an on-site craft micro-brewery, impressive patios, flexible audio visual systems, an authentic wood burning oven, open kitchen, retail beer store and an experienced culinary team.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My friends were in town and we wanted to grab a quick bite after our Harbour Island tour. We waited about 25 minutes o be seated, but once seated our server John promptly took our orders, and even gave us some free beer samples when we were torn between what to choose. The highlight however, was the food. I had ribs and my friends and burgers---everything was finger licking good :) The price was quite affordable too (as affordable as downtown Toronto gets). Well worth every dollar!! I'll definitely go back!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The food, view and service at this restaurant were all very good. The only disappointing part was thst they were out of 3 beers I wanted to try. The location was perfect. We visited after a walk along the Toronto water front.

They even have a store to buy the brew to take home.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The place is huge and right by the lake. The service was good, we had a choice of tables and the food was very good. Turkey sandwich was lovely and fish and chips were very nice, Dessert was a bit disappointing. Few choices and the portion was very small. I would go again, overall a good experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The Amsterdam Brewhouse restaurant in Toronto is located in the Queens Quay area by the lake, across from the Toronto Police Marina. I have walked by this place so many times in the summer but never actually went in to try until today.

When you first look at it from the front it appears dark like the restaurant is not open. The only way we knew it was open was the electric sign on the right that says open and the door opened when we pulled it.

Walking into the restaurant, you see an open concept environment, 2 levels, brewery on the right and the bar in the middle. There are 2 sections to this restaurant, the front half is for more of a casual group gathering for those who want to just hang,drink and watch sports on TV. The other half behind the bar is divided by a wall, and when you walk around it, you come to a big open concept as well, 2 levels for a nice sit down lunch or dinner.

The back half depending on where you sit, you can see the Toronto harbor and Lake Ontario. You see the boats and ferries sailing by and see Porter planes coming and going. Today was a rainy day, wasn't much to see but I can just imagine on a nice day, this place would be busy and everyone would be sitting outside on the patio.

The service was great! With my son's food allergies, the waiter was quick to assure me that there would be issues and guarantee bo cross contamination. Honestly this part of my request is usually what makes it or breaks it me. If restaurants are not willing to accommodate my son's food allergies, it's not one I will stay to eat or recommend.

Anyways, they passed my test and we proceeded to order. Our food came very quickly and we devoured it! My son ordered the Beef Brisket Dinner and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I ordered the Lemon Chicken Schnitzel which I thought was absolutely delicious! The dish was like the offspring marriage of the chicken schnitzel and chicken piccata. I highly recommend this dish. My husband and niece ordered their Ontario Brisket Cheeseburger...both claimed the best they ever had!

In the end, we left the place full and satisfied. We didn't get a chance to try the dessert or enjoy the beer however this isn't the last they will see of us. We will definitely be coming back for more!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We chose this restaurant because it was close to our hotel. When we entered the front door it was apparent there was an exciting vibe to the place. In spite of the line to get in we were seated immediately. This is a 14,000 square foot venue. After being seated we were quickly greeted by our waitress and helped us with our beer and wine orders. My wife and I shared the brisket sandwich and our friend ordered the brisket burger. This was way above brew pub food. What made this so much better was that we got our drinks within a few minutes and our food shortly thereafter. I noticed that all of the customers were getting the same level of service.
If you want a casual meal with terrific food and be well served this should be on your list. Ask for a table served by Lana as she was a real sweetheart.