“It is tiny but charming”
Review of The Beverley Hotel

The Beverley Hotel
Ranked #73 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“It is tiny but charming”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I surprised my husband with a weekend in Toronto and chose the Beverley Hotel 1) because of the location and 2) for the price. Our goal was to get out and explore the city so the room size wasn't a big deal. As a matter of fact it wasn't big at all LOL. We had the smallest room possible and it's interesting that so many ameneties could be squeezed into such a small space. Comfy bed, fluffy duvet, everything else close at hand including a fridge. It's great for a night or two. A chair or lounge space somewhere would have been nice but for the price alone you can't beat it. This location is great as well. Make sure you go up to the rooftop deck for a drink or something to eat. Again, a small well organized space that was really comfy, staff was friendly and the music was great. My only caution is to not stay in a room with someone else if you are overly shy in the shower. When you close the bathroom door, the toilet is covered but the shower becomes the entertainment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverley T, Guest Relations Manager at The Beverley Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear carmen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

We are thrilled you were charmed by our use of space. Indeed, in a city like Toronto, the goal is to get out and enjoy what the city has to offer!

Thank you for choosing the Beverley Hotel, and we look forward to your return.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I was in Toronto for a conference and was looking for a place close to the University and not too expensive. I reserved a deluxe room. The Beverley reminds me of a cross between a youth hostel and a Japanese capsule hotel with a slick modern design. First impressions were alright, but The longer I stayed at the Beverley, the lower my opinion got.

Pros
Clean
Decent price for downtown Toronto

Cons
Claustrophobic and small
Television is on the ceiling
My room did not have a window which added to the sense of claustrophobia.
Noisy - on the second floor, I could hear everyone coming and going. I could hear the reception phone
every time it rang. I could hear people chatting in the stairwell.
No place to sit or do work. No chair or desk in the room, no chairs in reception.
Shower never got hot.

I don't think that I will stay here again. The hotel is most definitely not suitable for families and the rooms are quite compact for a couple. For someone on business, there is no place in or outside the room to work. Finally, I could handle the tiny windowless rooms if they afforded a peaceful night's sleep, but I was awoken multiple times during the night. I would probably pay $50-$60 more somewhere else.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Beverley T, Guest Relations Manager at The Beverley Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Good evening, raku;

I am sorry to hear you had anything less than a fantastic stay at the Beverley Hotel.

The walls are thin, we are aware, and I am sorry you didn't get enough rest while you were there. I have never heard about the showers not heating up. Did you mention this to anyone that could have looked into the matter?

Thank you for taking the time to review us, my personal email is below should you have any additional questions or concerns, or regarding any complaint process you went through.

Thank you!

Winnipeg
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This property is centrally located and an easy walk to downtown Toronto destinations. I was looking for a hotel which recognized the need for single business accomodation and I found it at the Beverley Hotel. My category of room was a true "single"...I would call it "upscale dorm"--emphasis on the upscale. It was a long narrow room with a comfortable bed and a well-appointed bathroom. The only thing missing from the room was a small desk for working on a computer. However, I was fortunate in that most of my work was done at the meeting I attended during the day. Reception was always friendly (on check-in, check-out and daily) and the hotel offers a variety of reading materials and coffee and tea in the morning. Unfortunately, I did not have an opportunity to enjoy the restaurant downstairs; the menu looked very interesting! The location of the hotel is ideal for locations to eat out including a "creperie". It is in a safe area and vibrant area of Toronto

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Beverley T, Guest Relations Manager at The Beverley Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hello Centre_of_Canada!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Beverley Hotel!

We are thrilled we were able to meet your needs on your stay. Next time let us feed you!

Toronto
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have not stayed at the hotel for the night but I have eaten dinner, lunch and brunch here and have never been disappointed. If you're in Toronto and need a delicious meal go to this restaurant! Their made to order ice cream is a dessert I dream of daily. The service is warm and friendly, the decor is stylish and perfectly suited to a date night or a business lunch. Try the mussels/brussels on the menu -just divine. Cannot recommend the restaurant more!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Beverley T, Guest Relations Manager at The Beverley Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear DNice23,

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed our food here---and are tickled pink that you have been repeated times and have tried are many options!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Next time you're in, ask for me! (Aja) I would love to meet you face to face.

Warm Regards,

Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

These are small rooms (think Europe 'small'), but are exceptionally clean and quiet. Bathrooms have a transparent door, so be aware of this if you're bashful. Check-in was a breeze and staff in both the hotel and the restaurant were very helpful and attentive. If all you need is a place to 'crash' but want to avoid the larger chains, then this is the place for you. It is in the middle of absolutely everything and is very convenient to public transit and all major attractions downtown. There are great little pubs, shops and restaurants all around this neighborhood.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a Queen Street facing room. If you merely ask for a window, then you might get a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello, MsMeghanC,

Thank you for choosing the Beverley Hotel, and for taking the time to write a review.

We value your feedback, and look forward to having you again!

Warm Regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The location of the hotel is excellent however the hotel itself..so so. I checked in about 3:30 or tried to check in only to find the door to the reception locked. This was the middle of the afternoon mind you. I went back downstairs went to lunch and came back 20 minutes later(yes I carried all my bags with me). I came back and was able to check in. The Deluxe room is very small and I am not complaining because it does tell you on the website how big it is but for those who are having troubling picturing it imagine your college dorm room....yeah that small. TV is basic cable and if you are a light sleeper I feel sorry for you because you will hear everything. I would stay here again but only if I had business in the city but if you are looking for a weekend getaway this is not the hotel for you. I have paid less and received more at other hotels in the city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverley T, Guest Relations Manager at The Beverley Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Good evening, HotelJunkie36,

We are sorry that the reception door was locked; we are looking into the causes for this and working hard to ensure this doesn't happen again.

We have recently added to the management team (myself included) to prevent these issues and also to have an outlet for the (hopefully rare, moving forward) times when things do go wrong!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Parry Sound, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

A small hotel with heart in the heart of the city.
So refreshing to escape the mega cookie cutter chain hotels big cities are famous for.
And make sure you check out their restaurant. You will not be disappointed.
Ask for either Ryan or Julie at the bar.... they will take good care of you!

• Stayed March 2014
Good afternoon, Flipflop;

We are so glad you enjoyed your time at the Beverley!

Thank you for choosing us while you were in town, and for taking the time to write a review! My email is below, if you have any questions or additional comments. We look forward to having you again!