“Excellent Brunch!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East York
“Excellent Brunch!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We went to The Wren for Sunday brunch and left very happy with our meal! I absolutely loved the Veggie Tacos! The "Hungry Wren Breakfast" will keep you going all day long! We will definitely return for a meal later in the day so we can sample the eclectic selection of brews on tap and the interesting dinner menu! Service was attentive. My only complaint is that the restaurant is very loud - by the end of our meal, I felt like we were screaming at each other just to be heard. I notice there are sound dampening panels on the ceiling, but it is not enough.

Calgary, Alberta
“Great food, service and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We enjoyed three different excellent meals in a fun atmosphere with excellent service. Very good value! Will definately return. Good menu!

“Great Neighbourhood Place”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I love that The Wren is in the east end of Toronto because the west end hogs all the great little neighbourhood restaurant/bars and we were in dire need of something just like this. Great tex-mexish food, fabulous beers and cocktails and very family friendly until bedtime and then it transforms into a lively bar from about 9pm on. It's packed nightly with a loyal crowd of locals and it's quickly become our "go to" regular place to go at least once a week.
Great burgers, the jalapeno cheddar polenta with pulled pork and a fried egg is my favourite thing off of the brunch menu and we usually go for whatever the special happens to be for dinner. Great negronis

“A gem in the 'hood”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place is a gem on this part of the Danforth. There's almost always at least a 15-minute wait for a table even on a weeknight. That tells you it's good!

The restaurant specializes in latin-inspired cuisine with a good array of craft beers on tap and bottled to choose from.

The Guacamole & Chips is always good as a starter or to nibble on if you're just there to drink.

I've had the Orange Molé, Beef Brisket Sandwich and The Wren Burger. They're all good but my absolute favourite is the The Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich! It's crispy fried chicken in a bun lathered with bacon aioli and watercress pesto.

I highly recommend this place!

The restaurant is at 1382 Danforth, between Greenwood and Coxwell stations. Greenwood is the nearest subway stop; walk east from there.

No reservations are taken.

1 Thank DRDawson
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've been a number of times - always great atmosphere, amazingly wonderful food, good and personable service. The evening special is often unusual (beef cheeks, beef tongue taco's…) and always a good choice in my experience, though I've loved everything I've ordered so far! On the Brunch menu (weekends), my favourite is the spectacular eggs benedict with the best hollandaise sauce I've ever had… though other items on the brunch menu are truly worth experiencing too. Don't forget to try their homemade Guacamole and chips! They have a terrific selection of craft beers (and other drinks). I can't say enough about how great this restaurant/bar is!!!

• Visited June 2014