“Coming Home for My Vacation”

Drake Hotel Toronto
Ranked #7 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I couldn't have been happier with my and my girlfriend's stay at the Drake. We're both native Torontonians coming home from Los Angeles for a little work and a little vacation, which the Drake perfectly melded the two together. The room was as welcoming as staying at your own apartment, but in the city--the best area in the city at that. And despite it being west of central, it was a quick bike ride downtown and to the Island ferry for a bit of a retreat. Must mention the Caesars downstairs that we sipped on all day while stealing the super fast Wifi signal. Go Drake!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Drake Hotel Toronto

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have been there for two nights in May 2013. It is absolutely fabulous for going to the restaurant, lounge bar etc. They have concerts, some sort of disco etc. But there are a few rooms, very small and it is all old fashion (on purpose) but not so nice if staying at night.

All staff is young and committed and they have a smile in their faces. Compared to Europe is all good.

To understand this, the hotel desk is beneath the restaurant desk.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PabloLH
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I've been staying at the Drake for the last six years - and when I stay it's usually for at least 8-10 days. I'm not going to lie. I love the Drake Hotel. I love the decor, I love the neighborhood, I love that I'm not staying in a clinical and sedate business hotel. I love that there is a curator on site (Mia) who has created a vibrant art scene in a hotel- no easy feat, but she makes it look natural and organic to the space. I also love that every year, IT GETS BETTER. The Drake is warm, alive, and energetic. This is largely due to the fact that this hotel take hospitality seriously while still maintaining a really fun and chic edge. The general manager, Jonathan, is EVERYTHING. He embodies what hospitality should be. I am always SAD to leave the Drake. By the way, did I mention that the night receptionist Alan offered to bring me a hot cup of tea because I was sniffling in the lobby? He even brought it up to my room with extra honey and lemon. He refused to let me carry the tray up to my room! I love this place.

Room Tip: There is no space or pool, but a great gym across the way!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BrooklynWoof
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This hotel was a nice surprise, rooms are small but have everything you need, a lot of attention to detail!
Very friendly receptionist who gave me 3 dollars for the streetcar because I had just arrived and had no cash, thank you!! :)
(I did pay it back ;))

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We visited toronto from Dallas Texas and stayed at the drake a few nights. Loved everything about this hotel. The roof top bar/restaurant was amazing. The bar on first floor was so cool and hip, I suggest trying the sangria and lobster nachos. Also, they have a 3rd restaurant connected that we had brunch at ( bagels and locks). This hotel was in a very cool location and very easy to walk to other interesting areas. I will for sure stay here again. Loved it

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devingantz
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed for Saturday night as we were seeing a show at the hotel. It was extremely convenient. Check in was quick and the staff is exceptionally friendly, our room was small as expected but laid out perfectly. My only complaint about the room would be the lack of privacy for the bathroom. This may not be the hotel to go to if you are in a new-ish relationship. We left after our show and found a bar downtown, when we returned there was a huge line up to get in to the club however we flashed our room key and were politely ushered in and welcomed “home” by the bouncer. Once the door to our room was closed the sound of the party going on was completely gone. We ate breakfast on the patio and it was fantastic, one of the best breakfasts I have had in a very long time, and the price for the meal was very reasonable. Overall I would suggest the Drake, and we will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I was in town for a conference for the week and was looking for a non-corporate hotel that had a bit of style and activity.

The Drake exceeded all my expectations. First, the rooms are very efficient and well styled, think high end European experience.

They provided access to a fantastic local gym and I joined in 3 classes across the week, spin, yoga and kick boxing, all excellent. The staff carried the same approachable, engaging style of The Drake.

But the best was the bar/entertainment. The food was great, different live music with something to liberate your mind each night. I am a bit of a foodie and was delighted. The most joy was in finding a place that had Mixologists that brought cocktailing to an art-form. The best drink and service was provided by Brit, look for her on your trip...you will thank me!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business