“The Great Drake”

Drake Hotel Toronto
Ranked #6 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“The Great Drake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Such a fun and interesting hotel. The staff is super friendly and always there to help make your stay the best experience possible. The friend chicken and waffle at the Drake Cafe is a must try.
Your stay at the Drake will be a memorable one!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Drake this past Monday to celebrate my graduation. I just planned on a night away to relax and I got MUCH more than I bargained for in the BEST possible way. From the moment we arrived I felt welcome, and my experience was incredible. The staff were extremely friendly and the place was so unique and beautiful. It was nice to be in a hotel that was not so "cookie-cutter."We stayed in a Crash Pad and our room was super cute! The bed was insanely comfortable and I wish I could have slept on those pillows every night! We attended the Lounge in the evening to watch the St. Royals, and it was awesome! They had a great Beverage menu, the staff were knowledgeable and friendly, and the band had us singing and dancing all night long, with plans to return to see them again. In the morning we had brunch at the hotel, and I had what turned out to be the best Eggs Benny ever! One night was too short, we didn't want to leave. However, this has become our favourite spot, and I will be sure to return to the Drake time and again. You don't want to miss out on this hotel, it will definitely be one of, if not your BEST hotel experience of all time! Thank you Drake, see you soon!

2 Thank Katie B
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed there for a night when I was proposing to my fiance. It was exactly what I needed, a cool place to crash for the night after a show and a great dinner. The Drake Hotel is stylish, clean, and not all that badly priced for being in Toronto. Lots of night life at the hotel as well, and in the surrounding area. Location is good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris G
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Drake has always been one of our favourite haunts in Toronto, both in terms of the food, staff and general ambience so when we needed to stay over in the city, as part of my partner's surprise 40th birthday celebrations, the Drake was my first choice. And once again, the venue didn't disappoint. The staff were brilliant in coordinating the surprise by reserving the lounge area for our party and in keeping the reservation a surprise. The room itself was modern and comntemporary as you would expect from the Drake and the bed was sooo comfortable. Spot on for a good night's rest! The food and drink as always were top notch (the sushi is out of this world) and our server, Verma, was a delight. The only down side to our whole trip was that the old skool team of staff, Christine, Tyler, Asia and Stewart, who always made our trips to the Drake that extra special, were nowhere in sight :(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MoomooMark
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

After having had breakfast here on numerous Toronto jaunts, a special weekend called for a special hotel (i.e. not my friend's futon in the basement), and Drake Hotel was top of the list. Smack dab in the Middle of It All, the Drake is not for those seeking a poolside rest and the dulcet tones of chirping birds and surf (though where in Toronto that particular hotel is, I don't know). NO. The Drake is for those who have reason to be up late, that want to not HAVE to wear make up to breakfast, and who quite like having a little stuffed toy on the bed. It's for those people who love the sound of the Red Rocket in the wee hours because, yes, this means you're in a city of note.

From the moment we stepped across the threshold, we were well taken care of. Yes, it's nutty at night, yes, it's nutty in the morning (it doesn't have the breakfast/brunch hashtag nailed for nothing), but there's a reason for that, right? It's busy because it's fun. Still, the rooms are a little divine oasis from the thump and drive downstairs, and the front desk answers questions with the right mix of humour and efficiency.

Do yourself a favour and enjoy at least one night here in your life.

Room Tip: Maybe third floor may be quieter? Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, the TTC's street...
3 Thank BigPnk01
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This place is ballin'! Everything good everyone here has said about it is true, so I'll save typing it out again. It definitely lived up to the hype, we had a fantastic stay and will be back for sure!

Room Tip: The suite was very nice and spacious.
1 Thank CrazyCanuck83
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I chose the Drake Hotel for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon in Toronto based mainly on the plethora of positive reviews here on TripAdvisor.

We didn't regret this decision for a moment. From the moment we arrived, we loved the Drake. We arrived 2 hours early for check-in from the airport planning to sit in the bar till our room was ready. However, we were greeted at the door by a member of staff who had clearly worked out who we were as we came through the door and welcomed us with a handshake and hearty congratulations. Our room was already prepared and we were able to check straight in. Our room was quirky and comfortable and full of great little touches. The extras we had ordered were in place (the fruit and sweet platters are to die for) and we definitely appreciated the complimentary champagne waiting on ice!

Throughout our stay, the Drake staff were unfailingly polite, friendly and extremely helpful. The desk staff especially were always ready to answer our questions and often went the extra mile in finding things out for us. We loved the lively atmosphere and fascinating décor too.

Obviously with the lively nature of the hotel, it isn't always the quietest of environments in the evenings and I wouldn't recommend the Drake to anyone wanting a guaranteed 'silent night'. However, we stayed Monday-Thursday in Crash Pad 205 and didn't find things too noisy. But we knew what we were getting when we booked and loved it. If you stay, it's well worth checking out some of the events and entertainment on offer - there were bands on in the Undergound bar 2 of the nights we stayed and the Drake Trivia Night was lots of fun.

My wife and I had a wonderful time - thank you for helping us start our honeymoon in such style!

Lee & Ros