“Good location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #108 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Helpful and nice people on the front desk. The hotel is very good located, walking distance to most attractions and metro stations. Open subs around until late hours. Reasonable price. Gaby's pub under the Hotel.

The hotel was in renovation so it wasn't clean. But my room wasn't in renovation and still had a dirty floor. The bed and the bathroom were clean. The internet didn't work during my stay of 4 days. Cornflakes, bagels, toast bread apples and banana served on a table in the lobby as breakfast. I would recommend to people who would spend time outside and would just come to sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

It is a good experience, clean, confortable and near subway station. Complementary breakfast is ok and there is a really nice service. Do not expect luxury is a basic hotel..........................................

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Juan H
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed here two separate times (September with my bf & November with family) because I had purchased a discounted voucher for a one night stay, but when we arrived they some of the rooms were closed, so we were bumped to a smaller room (it was comped). The first stay was decent. The room was tidy and clean, but the tv was super tiny and old school. The bed was so-so. The continental breakfast available was decent (cereal, fruit, muffins, etc.).

The second time we arrived, the room was bigger but not at nice. The door kept getting stuck on the rug, there were scuff marks on the wall, and the vent in the ceiling was really loud. We called down to ask about the coffee maker because it appeared to have no filter and it took almost 20 minutes for someone to come look at it. The bed gave us both sore backs in the morning.

The hotel is located a minute walk from the subway, which is convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole T
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

I needed a place to stay New Years Eve that was not expensive and walking distance to a subway line. The Isabella fit the bill so I decided I'd deal with all the problems people noted in their reviews and suck it up for one night. I have to say, I walked away thinking I stayed in a different hotel than the one everyone else reviewed. Rooms were clean, carpet and tile looked brand new, room was an OK size (not huge, but maneuverable), front desk staff were extremely friendly. I even went poking around looking for dust or grime to try and substantiate what I'd read. I just couldn't find it.

The only thing in line with any poor review I'd read before is that yes, the elevator was tiny. I will say as I was leaving a girl having breakfast asked me how I'd fit my (carry on sized) roller suitcase in my room, so perhaps not all rooms are created equal (I was in a standard room though, not in a suite). Or perhaps I just don't expect a 5* room for a 2* price? Not sure why the disconnect between what I saw and what I read, but I had a great experience and would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I was in room 705, perhaps this is the gold standard?
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Brantford, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

Went out in the Village so it was a perfect location to park the car and walk to the bars. Good for a one night stay but wouldn't stay any longer. Rooms need a good vacuuming, especially in the corners! Walls need to be wiped down and there were Lots of staples sticking out of the carpet.
Overall, you're paying for the location but a fair price would be $75 not $90.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Port Elgin, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

The service at the front desk was expectedly good, they can be very proud of themselves but the room we had did not have any heat and we froze all night, I called down to the front desk and the man that was on tried to fix it but he could not. He offered a heater but there was already one in the room so the heater must have been broken before we arrived. We booked two nights and we could not get our money back for the second night but I was not going to stay even if I lost my money. We had a suite and it was small so I cannot image what the regular rooms were like in size, I would never stay there again even if they gave the room for free.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edith L
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

the rooms are realy small with verry little room to move and the bathroom there is now space to move at all and you can barly sit down on the toilet.
i will not stay there again and for the amout the room costed me i was not impressed it was a rip off and i will never stay there again. dont go to this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank alexlougheed