“Spacious rooms!”

Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #51 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 19 September 2011

If you dont mind being about a 15-20min drive from downtown Toronto this hotel is perfect for you. I had a 2 bedroom suite with a full question and the price was great!! The rooms were newly renovated and were really confortable. There was een a fireplace in the main room! If I ever visit the Toronto area again, I would choose this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 15 September 2011

HAD stayed at this hotel multiple times in the past, always pleasant stays in the past, will never return.

As per previous reviews, management of this hotel has grown indifferent, cheap, and lazy.

A myriad of small unpleast issues could have been shrugged off but not the final insult.

First, an unpublished and unadvertised $8 per night charge to park in their badly lit unsupervised lot. I can understand charging for parking at a prime location, or for extended use of the lot if you are flying out, but this was just a straight up 'extra cash' grab.

Second, the staff paid NO attention to detail. The rooms were cleaned, but if you expected food at breakfast, good luck. The hotel was busy and massively understaffed so that the small vessels at the breakfast buffet emptied rapidly and took forever to get refilled. 3 out of 4 morhings I had to wait around to get coffee, wait around for the juice to be refilled, wait for more bread, etc.... A 15 minute breakfast dragged into an hour waiting for food to be brought out.

ONE poor server trying to take care of the entire dining area; it wasn't her fault, but trying to cater to the number of guests they had with 1/3 of the required staff is a clear sign of bad, cheap management.

The pool never had towels. I mean never. We would ask at the desk, be told 'someone is coming', and a full hour later, still no towels.

My teenager asked for the code to get on to their lobby PC's. They were told condescendingly that the terminals are "not for children to use". Nice attitude, great customer service for a 'family' hotel.

The last straw was an issue with our furniture. The night of our last stay we picked up the coffee table to move it away from the fold out sofa bed so our son could go to bed. One corner of the table top came away in my hand. The table top was a heavy marble and the table top separated right along the vein of the marble.

All of this was explained to the hotel, but they still charged my credit card for 'breaking' the furniture. Speaking to me and scolding me like a small child for this was icing on the cake.

I am going to fight the charges, but this is a sad case of a once pleasant and comfortable hotel with decent and caring staff going right down the toilet.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank AlejandroNorte
Gina V, Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Alejandronorte: Thank you for sharing your impression of the hotel. It is unfortunate that you felt that we ran a cheap management as a result of your concerns. Our overnight parking charge is one of the lowest rate being offered in the area and it is indicated on our Marriott.com website. During breakfast period, we always have two or more team members working unless it is an extremely slow day. I cannot imagine having several food and beverage offering not available or refilled immediately unless when it is later than our breakfast period. A few items are normally in our buffet after closing time to accommodate any late comers to have a "grab and go" breakfast. Pool towels are replenished every hour although we may have an in flock of groups or families enjoying the facility just before you arrived that used all the towels. I apologize for the delay you experienced. The complimentary use of computers in our business centre are meant for business use. During high usage time, we have to ensure it is available for this purpose to accommodate every guest. When the usage is low, we are glad to accommodate children/teenagers to use it. After every regular room inspection, any damaged item noticed will be replaced and the cost to replace will be charged to the occupant. We always take a very careful approach and consideration to every situation.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed here in August 2011 for several nights. The poor experience I had with this hotel probably might not happen to most who visit. But it is an indication of the quality of a hotel how they react should something does go wrong. During the night the sprinker system in my room began to leak, causing the carpet to become wet in the living area. I advised reception in the morning and then went to work. Upon arriving back that evening I went into my room and noticed that the floor was still wet. They had not bothered to ensure that the carpet was dry, and with the room enclosed the room smelt terrible. I'll also add that I began to feel ill during the day and had developed a cough. All indications it was the room that was the cause of this.

I advised reception and they put me into another room. Then another issue happened. With my suitcase in the room, my laptop on, I left the room. I could not get back in. The electronic lock didn't unlock. Another key and master key could not open the door, the electronic lock had failed. Now they could have called a locksmith straight away. But instead they decided to save a few bucks. I had to wait several hours for the manager to drive to the hotel. He had to drive to another hotel to pick up a metal bar that slid under the door to open it from the other side. This exercise itself took about 30 minutes. Now they did offer another room in the interim, but what good was that when all my belongings were locked in a room I couldn't get into any I had a long overseas trip the following day.

I can forgive the leaking sprinkler, even the failed lock. But I can't forgive the wet smelly room, managements decision not to call a locksmith straight away, and that they didn't have appropriate equipment onsite to handle the situation. Not happy.

1  Thank OzTraveller88
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Service was great. Room was clean. Lots of good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I’ve stayed here several times for up to a 1 week period. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Having a full fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, dishes, pots and pans… is a great for extended stays especially since the room also includes a dishwasher. The hot breakfast is very good and on many evenings a light dinner is also included in the room price. Don’t feel like cooking or taking in the free meals. No problem, lots of restaurants within easy walking distance. Shuttle service to the airport is also included and a bus that will get you downtown is only a couple of blocks away. I’ll continue to stay here whenever I can as I find it better, because of the size of the rooms and the additional included features, than the other hotels in the area (Crown Plaza & Sandman Signature Hotel). Separate bedroom with a door that closes and keeps out the sound, a fold out couch in the living room for an extra guest, TV in both the bedroom and the living room, not much more that I can say. I just like this place because it’s comfortable, quite, spacious, and great value!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We recently stayed here in Aug 2011. I was travveling with my sister and her 3 kids and my 3 kids. We took 2 seperate 2 bedroom suites.. It was clean and had plenty of room.. wish I took the King bed and not the queen .. my daughter was fine on the sofa bed and I loved that there was enough TV for all of us... and there was plenty of channels to watch.. even kids shows for my little ones..The staff my nice and friendly .. Breakfast can get a little crazy .. by 8am its crazy down there.. ttrying to sit and eat breakfast and there is not a ton of tables...there are alot of people Breakfast was hot and yummy and refiled all the time... there are plenty of different places to eat around the hotel.. I just there just wasn't so much traffic in toronto.. a 15 minute drive took almost 2 hoursand we are from NY .. I would recommened this hotel to friends..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed in this hotel for two days . Firstly there is nothing around the hotel . Only few restaurants and nothing more to spend tiime. The closest shopping area is 10 minutes with taxi but you have to pay 25 dollars .
The hotel room was nice especially for families with its kitchen equipment Bed is comfortable but when it comes to bathroom amenities and cleaniliness its lower then marriott standars. Especially there was a towel thorn from sides and I warned the front desk they said ohhh how can it happen but the other day it was still there . And after breakfast I warned front desk personally but until my stay finished the thorned towel was still there .
Shortly It is a standard family hotel with no great luxury and with an avarage breakfast.And in the middle of nowhere . At the beginning it seems cheaper according to downtown hotels but işf you want to buy somthing or entertain you should pay a lot of taxi fares .

1  Thank ---VoyAgeTR---