“Not a bad seat in the Ed Mirvish Theatre, great for musicals!”
Review of Ed Mirvish Theatre

Ed Mirvish Theatre
Ranked #12 of 529 things to do in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Ed Mirvish Theatre began its life in 1920 as a combination vaudeville and motion picture theatre in the Pantages theatre circuit. With its original 3373 seats, it was the largest cinema in Canada and, with its lavish interior - designed by the great theatre architect Thomas Lamb - the most elegant. David Mirvish officially renamed the iconic building The Ed Mirvish Theatre on December 6, 2011.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The Ed Mirvish Theatre is a spectacular venue to enjoy a musical. The sound is terrific, there are great views from wherever you sit. As long as you attend a musical you like, it's difficult to imagine anyone not enjoying the venue itself. I think some of the poorer reviews of the Mirvish forgets to differentiate between the venue and a poor show. The food is reasonable and good. I had a macaroon that was superb! The architecture is magnificent and needs a little time before the show to appreciate. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, the Ed Mirvish theatre is an ideal locale for anyone who wants to sightsee, shop and or eat before or after a performance (depending on time of course). The friendly staff is the cherry on top of this wonderful venue. If you see a show that you think you will like, the Ed Mirvish Theatre will only enhance the experience!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have seen many shows at this Ed Mirvish Theatre. All are world class. We have a season subscription and the performances here rival those in New York, where we frequently travel for theatre. Soon, this theatre will be torn down for condo development, so visit it before teardown.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I expected this show to be a lot more "electric" and exciting but it failed to pull me into the storyline....which was too long and boring. The band was amazing and the male lead vocals were absolutely incredible. The lead female singer was quite "pitchy"....I expected a lot more for the $97 that I paid for my ticket. I would not recommend this show.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Couples night out to see "We Will Rock You" - fabulous show: great talent, great music, great theatre.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've come here many times with my husband and various other family members. The shows that are performed here are very professional and I've enjoyed it greatly. The prices vary depending on the show. I like to get front row balcony seats so I can get a birds eye view of the shows. I will be back but it's been awhile.