“A gem in the city”

Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan
Ranked #48 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“A gem in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the Cosmopolitan hotel this past Friday and I must say, I was very surprised. The two gentlemen that were working behind the desk greeted me and smiled as I walked in, and the valet opened the door for me and took my bags up to my room without me having to ask. I would stay at the Cosmopolitan again and I recommend it to anyone needing to escape in their own city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Travelbug805
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Good Morning Travelbug805;

Thank you so much for your review and positive feedback for your stay at the Cosmopolitan Toronto. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all of the aspects of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in a suite for the weekend and had a really nice stay. The hotel was in a great spot being very close to The Sony Performing Arts theatre where we went to watch a performance, Union Station and near to a good restaurants and shops. I had informed the hotel in advance that we were there for a special occasion and they had arranged a complimentary bottle of wine and wavered the internet fee for the two days. The suite had a great view of the city skyline and Lake Ontario in the background. Hotel staff were efficient and friendly. I paid a discounted rate of just under $400 for the two nights including breakfast which I thought was very reasonable for a suite but probably wouldn't have paid the normal full price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Good Afternoon QuinManchester;

Thank you very much for your positive review on your recent stay with us at the Cosmopolitan. There have been many changes taking place at our hotel over the past few months, and we strongly believe we have an award winning team on board at this point. We hope you choose to stay with us again, should you be in the downtown Toronto area!

Regards,

Cosmopolitan Management
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cosmopolitan for Valentines night.
A valet greeted us at the entrance and parked are car allowing us to get upto our very modern, clean and beautiful room!

With a mini kitchen, living room, separate bedroom and hallway to the bathroom it really was a wonderfully different way spend an evening away.

The staff were all so welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend.

3 Thank Pamela G
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello Pamela G;

Thank you for your glowing review of our staff and your overall experience from your stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We are always striving to do better, and to ensure that each and every guest is "WOW'D" during their stay with us. It is reassuring to know that your experience was such a positive one!

We truly hope that the next time you're in Toronto, you will choose to stay with us again!

Hotel Manager
Cosmopolitan Hotel
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here on Valentine's day night. Just me and the lady.
Showed up and valet took my vehicle down to a secluded car park by elevator, which is comforting to know nobody else can access.
Front desk gentlemen were helpful and set us up with out room (22,03). We headed up and the room key wouldn't work for the life of me but a maintenance guy said he would let us in and fix our keys for us. He opened the door only to be surprised by somebody already being in the room, apparently we were (11,03). Nice lol
Honest mistake i guess, bit frustrating.:p
Room was just as expected. It did however look out into a hole in the ground where im guessing a building used to be, but that's not the hotels fault. So in previous reviews I understand the contruction complaints. But they do provided 2 sets of earplugs in that case. Everything needed is included, pots and pans too "intimacy kits($27 for a condom LOL).
Everything was up to par. Not immaculate but I'm not a prissy guy, wasn't bad!
Fridge space was limited due to their locked minibar taking up most of the space. but in the freezer compartment there was a 26oz'r of vodka half empty. i poured that away, obviously the previous guests.
Cordless phone provided was shot. battery couldnt hold a charge so I rendered it useless.
TV's for flatscreens are getting outdated and colour is kinda off.
Bed was comfy, well it was valentines day, i really could have done "IT" on a pullout couch.

Girlfriend and I both had a nice sleep. Continental breakfast was enjoyable, but im glad i didn't have to pay for it because it works out to be $16 a person for very little selection. Checked out no problem, got in the car and went to the Ripley's Aquarium.

OVERALL- STAFF=100% ROOM=80% CLEANLINESS=75%

1 Thank telusmonkey
Hello Telusmonkey;

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Valentine's Day weekend. At the Cosmopolitan we strive for great service and positive experiences and to have you share your experience at the Cosmopolitan is very much appreciated. We will be sure to discuss your concerns with our staff in the housekeeping department regarding the cleanliness concerns you had in your suite.

Your comments regarding the service has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If there is anything else that would make your future stays even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay.

Hote Manager
Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cosmo for an early Valentines day.

Overall... It was nice. But, just nice. It was fancy to look at.

My room along with the hotel was very clean, clean kitchen, floors, washroom, bedroom.

The couch was ripped and out dated... The kitchen appliances were dirty and old I wouldn't have used those pots and pans!

Location: great! It's on top of King Station, across from 1 King West which has the PATH underneath.

Everything seemed so dreamy an lovely. Until I realized that this great stocked friderator (with the $1 coke cans) was actually $3.50 for just a soft drink! Everything in the room had a price tag on it, even the water in the bedrooms.

The bed was comfy, the pillows we not... I was awakened at 7:30 am CAUSE OF CONSTRUCTION which gave me a huge migraine. How in romantic is it to be up at 730 cause of drilling and loud noises. I was furious. If this hotel had told me BEFORE we booked that would have been the breaking point, especially cause the room is mostly windows. It was soooooooo loud!
I would not stay here for another 5 years when the construction outside is done.

• Stayed February 2014
Hello BeckJC:

Thank you for your review. Your comments about your stay have been noted. At the Cosmopolitan we strive for great service and positive experiences and to have you share your experience at the Cosmopolitan is very much appreciated. We are especially pleased to hear your positive comments regarding our cleanliness and service. These are two extremely important areas, and it's great to hear such positive feedback! Thank you!

Regarding the construction, unfortunately we do not have any control over this, as a building is being demolished across the street from our hotel. We do offer alternatives for those that this bothers, and some don't notice as the crews work week days, from 7am-7pm.

Chad R
info@cosmotoronto.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

OK so maybe it's because I am still so delirious about seeing my son marry the most beautiful girl in the world???but I LOVED it here at the cosmopolitan where he and his new wife stayed in the most outstanding penthouse I have ever seen! And a few of us stayed in suites. One suite was used for the seven bridesmaids to get ready with makeup and such and was a corner suite. It was awesome. My husband and I had a suite on the 23rd floor. I have no idea where others got the impression that they did on these reviews. The rooms are beautifully decorated, huge windows and great window blinds, cute little washrooms with a GREAT shower ...big enough for two???kitchenette with all the fixings...great layout???I could easily stay here for many days ???wish we could. TV in each room, good wifi, love the Keurig machine, staff were more than accommodating as we were a large group using the room for makeup application and had all sorts of questions. Like the key entry to elevator floors, beautifully decorated rooms...tasteful. Pour bedroom was in a separate room with door so my husband could sleep while I was in living room doing my early morning stuff. Didn't get to check out amenities or the new restaurant I think they have but highly recommend breakfast at Bistro on King just a block away! An adorable place...great location...loved our stay!

Room Tip: Corner suites are great but any suite is awesome. Penthouse on 27 floor spectacular. Used rooms 23...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vivaviv
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hello Vivaviv;

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Your comments regarding your stay at our hotel has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience at The Cosmopolitan Hotel is very much appreciated.

Hote Manager
Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto
orchard park
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I would tend to agree with the few 1 star ratings below. We were here about 4 years ago and were very impressed, which is why we came back. Not now. The lobby is a construction zone. They are remodeling 8 Wine Bar, and the restaurant. There is dust covering the floor. And so there is NO where to get something to eat in this establishment. The room needed considerable updating. Chipped furniture, worn carpets, outdated bathroom, scratched sink. The front desk upon arrival never bothered to tell us about the breakfast which was temporarily on the 3rd floor, to make up for the restaurant being closed. As we were getting on the elevator toting our luggage, only then did the front desk ask us if we needed help. After the fact. Forget it. When we departed the next day at 10 am, and were asked if we enjoyed our stay, my response was: Well, it would have been nice if we had somewhere to get coffee, juice, breakfast. The front desk said, Oh, didn't you know about the breakfast on the third floor? There should have been a "sign" in your room. A sign? There was not. And as well, the clueless staff the previous night never bothered to tell us about it. I usually don't tend to give establishments negative sour grapes reviews. But this needed to be told. Not that I would not return here, but I would definitely wait until their renovations are complete. The advantage of the hotel is its proximity to the Air Canada Center, where we went to attend a concert. This hotel advertises itself as an "oasis" in the city. Not quite.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple