“Spectacular City Views in a Sleek setting”

Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan
Ranked #46 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Midland, Canada
“Spectacular City Views in a Sleek setting”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This week I was snowed in while in Toronto for an interview and ended up staying at The Cosmopolitan.
We checked in late around 9 p.m. - This is a boutique hotel and the tiny lobby reflected that. There is an attractive bar that had one customer at it and we planned to go and have a drink as we were told that it was open until eleven.
I had called ahead and asked for a room with a bath- an essential hotel luxury. When we went to the room it had no bath. Back at the front desk I asked for a room with a bath and was told there was none available. However they did upgrade my room for the same price. As I had no overnight bag with me the front desk clerk was kind and gave me toothbrushes and paste.
We opened the door and were thrilled - the view was spectacular. The Toronto skyline was at its finest and I suggest that everyone should spend one night at least with such a view. The suite had a great view of the city skyline and Lake Ontario in the background. Hotel staff were efficient and helpful.
The room came with full amenities - full kitchen and laundry facilities. There were snacks and a variety of expensive mini fridge offerings - even an intimacy kit for 27 dollars.
There was a sitting area and a bedroom that were clean - the leather couch was cold! Hard to combat that considering the weather. I was so thrilled with the view- We decided to head downstairs for a drink and some appetizers - but it was closed before 10 p.m. Dial a bottle is a great resource when stuck in a snow storm - they will even bring you snacks.
The number of TV channels is limited and so is the hot water. The bathroom is the weakest part of this hotel room.
The bedroom had a fabulous view- both evening and morning and the bed was very comfortable. I must warn you that there is massive construction going on and it will wake you up and keep you up. For the early risers- you don’t need to worry.
I really loved the sleek feel of the room and the generous space. We booked it online and got it at a discount. To be in Toronto - as I had just been at the Eaton Chelsea for PDAC for such a reasonable price was astounding. I have paid more to stay in a Best Western in Nebraska.
I highly recommend a stay at The Cosmopolitan - check for discounts to make it even more enjoyable. With city views on three corners it is spectacular. The location is excellent - close to so many attractions and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a room pointed away from the construction. If you need a bath tub make sure to ask ahea...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth P
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Elizabeth P;

Thank you for your glowing review of our staff and your overall experience from your stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We are always striving to do better, and to ensure that each and every guest is "WOW'D" during their stay with us. It is reassuring to know that your experience was such a positive one!

We truly hope that the next time you're in Toronto, you will choose to stay with us again!

Cosmopolitan Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Me and the lady enjoyed a wonderful stay the night of feb. 21 on the 24th floor. The view was spectacular, along with the cleanliness of the room and aesthetic make up of the room. The room was very well styled and stocked with snacks and alcohol. A great mini kitchen, wonderful bathroom and a 'chill' living room. Relaxing drip fountains aided the ambiance and added to the tranquil feel/mood of the room.

Natalie was very helpful at the front desk directing us to nearby locations and destinations, along with other very polite and courteous staff members. The location of the hotel is great for walking to anything from cafes or to the BierMarket. I would highly recommend a stay here.

1 Thank PaoloTLM
Dear PaoloTLM,

Thank you for your great feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. We are so thrilled to know you had a great experience at the Cosmopolitan! Thank you very much for appreciating our hotel, its services and our staff!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the Cosmopolitan hotel this past Friday and I must say, I was very surprised. The two gentlemen that were working behind the desk greeted me and smiled as I walked in, and the valet opened the door for me and took my bags up to my room without me having to ask. I would stay at the Cosmopolitan again and I recommend it to anyone needing to escape in their own city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Travelbug805
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Good Morning Travelbug805;

Thank you so much for your review and positive feedback for your stay at the Cosmopolitan Toronto. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all of the aspects of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Regards,

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in a suite for the weekend and had a really nice stay. The hotel was in a great spot being very close to The Sony Performing Arts theatre where we went to watch a performance, Union Station and near to a good restaurants and shops. I had informed the hotel in advance that we were there for a special occasion and they had arranged a complimentary bottle of wine and wavered the internet fee for the two days. The suite had a great view of the city skyline and Lake Ontario in the background. Hotel staff were efficient and friendly. I paid a discounted rate of just under $400 for the two nights including breakfast which I thought was very reasonable for a suite but probably wouldn't have paid the normal full price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Good Afternoon QuinManchester;

Thank you very much for your positive review on your recent stay with us at the Cosmopolitan. There have been many changes taking place at our hotel over the past few months, and we strongly believe we have an award winning team on board at this point. We hope you choose to stay with us again, should you be in the downtown Toronto area!

Regards,

Cosmopolitan Management
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cosmopolitan for Valentines night.
A valet greeted us at the entrance and parked are car allowing us to get upto our very modern, clean and beautiful room!

With a mini kitchen, living room, separate bedroom and hallway to the bathroom it really was a wonderfully different way spend an evening away.

The staff were all so welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend.

3 Thank Pamela G
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello Pamela G;

Cosmopolitan Hotel
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here on Valentine's day night. Just me and the lady.
Showed up and valet took my vehicle down to a secluded car park by elevator, which is comforting to know nobody else can access.
Front desk gentlemen were helpful and set us up with out room (22,03). We headed up and the room key wouldn't work for the life of me but a maintenance guy said he would let us in and fix our keys for us. He opened the door only to be surprised by somebody already being in the room, apparently we were (11,03). Nice lol
Honest mistake i guess, bit frustrating.:p
Room was just as expected. It did however look out into a hole in the ground where im guessing a building used to be, but that's not the hotels fault. So in previous reviews I understand the contruction complaints. But they do provided 2 sets of earplugs in that case. Everything needed is included, pots and pans too "intimacy kits($27 for a condom LOL).
Everything was up to par. Not immaculate but I'm not a prissy guy, wasn't bad!
Fridge space was limited due to their locked minibar taking up most of the space. but in the freezer compartment there was a 26oz'r of vodka half empty. i poured that away, obviously the previous guests.
Cordless phone provided was shot. battery couldnt hold a charge so I rendered it useless.
TV's for flatscreens are getting outdated and colour is kinda off.
Bed was comfy, well it was valentines day, i really could have done "IT" on a pullout couch.

Girlfriend and I both had a nice sleep. Continental breakfast was enjoyable, but im glad i didn't have to pay for it because it works out to be $16 a person for very little selection. Checked out no problem, got in the car and went to the Ripley's Aquarium.

OVERALL- STAFF=100% ROOM=80% CLEANLINESS=75%

1 Thank telusmonkey
Hello Telusmonkey;

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Valentine's Day weekend. At the Cosmopolitan we strive for great service and positive experiences and to have you share your experience at the Cosmopolitan is very much appreciated. We will be sure to discuss your concerns with our staff in the housekeeping department regarding the cleanliness concerns you had in your suite.

Your comments regarding the service has made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If there is anything else that would make your future stays even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay.

Hote Manager
Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cosmo for an early Valentines day.

Overall... It was nice. But, just nice. It was fancy to look at.

My room along with the hotel was very clean, clean kitchen, floors, washroom, bedroom.

The couch was ripped and out dated... The kitchen appliances were dirty and old I wouldn't have used those pots and pans!

Location: great! It's on top of King Station, across from 1 King West which has the PATH underneath.

Everything seemed so dreamy an lovely. Until I realized that this great stocked friderator (with the $1 coke cans) was actually $3.50 for just a soft drink! Everything in the room had a price tag on it, even the water in the bedrooms.

The bed was comfy, the pillows we not... I was awakened at 7:30 am CAUSE OF CONSTRUCTION which gave me a huge migraine. How in romantic is it to be up at 730 cause of drilling and loud noises. I was furious. If this hotel had told me BEFORE we booked that would have been the breaking point, especially cause the room is mostly windows. It was soooooooo loud!
I would not stay here for another 5 years when the construction outside is done.

• Stayed February 2014
Hello BeckJC:

Thank you for your review. Your comments about your stay have been noted. At the Cosmopolitan we strive for great service and positive experiences and to have you share your experience at the Cosmopolitan is very much appreciated. We are especially pleased to hear your positive comments regarding our cleanliness and service. These are two extremely important areas, and it's great to hear such positive feedback! Thank you!

Regarding the construction, unfortunately we do not have any control over this, as a building is being demolished across the street from our hotel. We do offer alternatives for those that this bothers, and some don't notice as the crews work week days, from 7am-7pm.

Chad R