“GREAT SERVICE - smaller room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan

Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan
Ranked #50 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
vancouver
“GREAT SERVICE - smaller room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I usually stay at the Novotel near the St Lawrence market - but i wanted to try something else.

First off - service was great. Front desk, parking attendant, management - amazing.

I had meetings and asked if I could check out late - no problem.

When I realized I needed more room than my suite - they let me use the boardroom.

AWESOME

I had corner suite on 22 floor with wrap around balcony.

Will stay again.

Room Tip: Corner suite
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cogagni
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hello Cogagni;

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you've made our colleagues day with your positive comments! We strive for great service and excellent experiences and to have you share yours with us is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming on your next trip to Toronto.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This property seemingly dedicated itself to a peaceful experience for its guests. There are Yoga mats in the closet and a fountain too. The elevator has such lovely and relaxing music that I recorded it on my phone! What amazed me the most was the consistency of courteous and helpful staff......no matter what our need, someone very pleasantly did their very best to meet them.....never experienced that level of service anywhere at any price! Special mention to Natalie at the front desk and Rachael in the Wildfire bar, both of whom made us feel enormously special! We loved our little balcony with a view in the distance of Lake Ontario and a close up view of the CN Tower that is lit up at night.

The hotel is the best location for getting around all the Toronto neighborhoods and there are a LOT of restaurants close by. Easy walk to major Sports Centers, Aquarium, CN Tower, St. Lawrence Market and more. We had a rental car and never used it!

My grandson and I have taken a summer trip together to places he's never seen since 2009 and this was the most relaxing of all. The suite (1704) had a pull out sofa that was perfect for him, and the bedroom was perfect for me. The kitchen was nice size and very helpful for our comfort.....not for real cooking, but who wants to cook? Bathroom was very nice size and towels were big and plush. Toiletries very nice.

All that said, if you expect perfection and the latest updates, you may need to select a name brand high rise hotel. If you want a home away from home, this is the place. I am pretty picky about hotel accomodations and I was very happy here. There is a major construction site just across the street and that didn't even bother me......normally that would have been a deal breaker for me. We stayed there 7 nights!

Sending gratitude to all we met at The Cosmopolitan for their lovely care!

Room Tip: A member of the cleaning staff said the rooms that end in 3 or 4 are the best. Some have sleep sofa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear llgma;

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your week long stay with us at the Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto! We are extremely pleased to hear you and your grandson enjoyed the time spent with us! Your positive remarks regarding our Front Office team has made our colleagues day, thank you!

We appreciate your sincere recommendation and we look forward to welcoming both you and those you refer to our hotel in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm a 26 year old software developer and needed to stay in the city for a week. This hotel is in the middle of the financial district and while I was there the clients were very "financial district", if that makes any sense.

As far as the hotel is concerned, the rooms were quite nice: Spacious, good view, nice climate controls, nice bathroom. There were some obvious signs of aging: A few doors (bathroom) wouldn't close without a good kick and there were a few (hardly noticeable) scuffs on the wall.

It's in a good location. But I still had a hell of a time finding it. It's on Colborne street, which none of my cab drivers could locate. To help you out: It's across from the Victoria Hotel. Don't look for the lit up green sign they have on all of their promotional media, look for a small white flag with the "tower" logo on in gold writing - or look for the Wildfire sign.

The WiFi was OK. It didn't cover my whole suite, although the desk area had 100% signal strength consistently. The hard-wired ethernet port didn't seem to be hooked up, although I never asked the front desk about it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Brad J;

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, at the Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto. It is always great to hear feedback from our guests to know how your experience was.

Regarding the Internet, we are currently working on an upgrade to our entire system, as we know that it is quite "spotty" and inconsistent, which is unacceptable for our guests. We hope to have this upgrade completed by the end of summer. I have also ensured that our Maintenance team is aware of your comments regarding the condition of your room, so that the team is aware of the imperfections as we are striving to ensure all of our guestrooms are in excellent condition.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future should you require accommodations in the downtown Toronto area!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at the Cosmo during February 2014. I was quite impressed by the staff on the front desk (Kelly, Yonas, Ben). It was a lot of new faces so I was initially worried that they would not be up to the standard I had grown accustomed to over the years. I have had a couple of disappointing experiences with some previous staff that had almost turned off the hotel entirely. I would like to say that Kelly deserves a special mention as she went above and beyond to ensure that my needs were taken care of. The entire front desk team seemed to go out of their way to make my stay memorable - with a friendly smile and assistance to every small detail. I felt like VIP royalty.

My suite was tidy and presentable. I enjoy having a washer/dryer, balcony, microwave, mini fridge and stove top elements. I miss having room service option but there are a couple of dining options in the area. Thee is also a decent assortment of snacks in each room for purchase. We enjoyed the Steakhouse as well.

This is a lovely hotel in the heart of the city - close to the subway, financial district and downtown core. It is not the Ritz or Trump Tower. Do not stay here if you want premium toiletries, room service or a fancy lobby. I do recommend this hotel if you wish to stay in a boutique hotel with a charming 'condo' style. I found the staff to be accommodating, courteous and willing to assist. I did not notice any noise from the construction.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room with a view. And not most suites has a sliding door with a small balcony.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear YYZ_Kat;

Thank you very much for your comments. We are extremely pleased to hear you enjoyed your time spent at the Cosmopolitan Hotel! Your positive remarks regarding our Front Office team has made our colleagues day, thank you!

Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed there for business in June 2014. It was a great condo style room with all the amenities including a snack caddy and stocked fridge, coffee etc. The staff were very friendly, especially the bellman who helped me with my bags when I arrived. Very comfortable and had a stylish and urban decor. My room had a wall of windows in the living room where the office desk is located so I had a stellar view while I worked with my morning coffee before my meetings. I must say the shower could have been cleaner though. There was hair from someone else in the bathroom. That said, I would stay there again. Beautiful views of the city. Safe area and very convenient and central.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Dear Trusty_Traveller99;

Thank you for your wonderful review and detailed comments regarding your stay at the Cosmopolitan Toronto. We value your feedback and, even more, the time and effort devoted to sharing it with us. I have taken note of your comment regarding the cleanliness in your suite, and have ensured that our Executive Housekeeping Manager and the team are also aware of your shared concerns.

We appreciate your sincere review and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I came in late at night for a business trip. The staff was very helpful in finding the location and directing me to various parking options. The inside could benefit from some remodeling; however, I found my room very nice and spacious. It was a quiet and comfortable stay. The breakfast was not bad either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Clint C;

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The location was great. Parking was $40 a day. The rooms have great potential, however they were dirty, the linens were old and ratty. The bathroom walls were gross. The entire place needs paint. Never was able to connect to the "free" WiFi. It should be listed as a 2.5 - 3 star tops.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
2 Thank lstravel2014
Dear Istravel2014;

Thank you for your review. At the Cosmopolitan we strive for great service and positive experiences and to have you share your experience at the Cosmopolitan is very much appreciated.

We are currently undergoing a full hotel Internet upgrade in order to improve the WIFI experience for our guests. This upgrade should be completed by the middle of August at the latest. The cleanliness and condition of your guest suite has also been noted, and I apologize again that this did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay.