“No way!”

Ranked #44 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Rome, Italy
“No way!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Was in town for business and was placed in this hotel by my company. Lobby is small and hotel is located on small alley. Check in was a train wreck. Lady at counter seemed overwhelmed with some guy trying to fight the 40$ valet charge. Got to my room and it was small and dirty. Wifi is slow. What kind of breakfast is this?. Small box of cereal and old fruit. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Ice9111
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Ice9111;

Thank you for your review. At the Cosmopolitan we strive for great service and positive experiences and it is unfortunate to hear that you did not have this experience while staying at the Cosmopolitan hotel.

We just completed a full hotel Internet upgrade in order to improve the WIFI experience for our guests. This upgrade was completed and we have had nothing but positive feedback since the completion took place 2 weeks ago. I also have shared your comments regarding the breakfast we serve (continental only) to our Food and Beverage team at the hotel. The cleanliness and condition of your guest suite has also been noted, and I apologize again that this did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here this weekend (Aug 9th) with my wife for our 5th anniversary. We were staying downtown for the weekend(live in Thornhill) and wanted a nice play to stay for our getaway without breaking the bank(i.e. Shangri-la, etc). I called a few days before to ask if I could do something nice in the room for my wife(flowers or something else). The lady I spoke to suggested rose pedals on the bed and chocolate covered strawberries. I said that sounds great, she said ok perfect see you on Saturday. Easy enough.
Well we arrive on Saturday and nothing is in the room. Thought maybe they forgot and would do it while we were out for the afternoon. Came back to nothing. Disappointing to say the least.

Besides that, we were on the 18th floor, southside, which has a view of an office building and construction below. The noise from below is loud and clear. The shades in the bedroom do not block any sunlight, so good luck trying to sleep past 8am. Probably why the light in the room didn't work. The room looks like it was nice 5 years ago but needs a facelift. Everything was dented, scratched, or just dirty. Especially the shower!

Look elsewhere!

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pkane
Dear Pkane;

Thank you for your review. Your comments about your stay have been noted and discussed with the departments involved. At the Cosmopolitan we strive for great service and positive experiences and it did not appear that we met your expectations during your recent stay, and that is very disappointing.

We are currently undergoing repainting and refinishing of our guestrooms, as we are well aware of the "tired" looking rooms that some of our guestrooms have taken on over the past few months.

If there is anything else that would make your future stays even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your most recent stay.

Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel's condition is average; it would benefit from some renovation. The street it is located on is far from glamorous and ongoing building works make the sleeping somewhat problematic (ear plugs are provided in the hotel room). However if proximity to Union Place bus/train/subway, King, Queen or Yonge, Downtown, a 24/7 supermarket or whatever else one may need in a large metropolis at any time of the day then the Cosmopolitan is second to none.

Added benefits especially for those staying for longer periods or with children are the kitchen and washer/ drier that come in every suite.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank max_demian_gg
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello Max_demian_gg;

Thank you for your review. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us last week! At the Cosmopolitan we strive for great service and positive experiences and to have you share your experience while staying with us is very much appreciated.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share the details regarding your recent stay!

Regards,

Orange County, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had a 2 night stay, 1st night on the 19th floor, lovely room and well equipped. The room was almost a sanctuary and I was impressed. My only issue when I got there was that the wifi was non-existent in the room but I was too tired from my trip to use it on the first night anyway. On the 2nd night I had to switch rooms down to the 15th floor. This room was similar but a little tired in its appearance. It was clean but had more marks than the previous room. The bathroom sink was cracked from the top to the bottom, and there was a blackout blind missing from one of the main room windows which meant that anyone on street level that cared to look up would would see you clearly. That was also a little disappointing. What I didn't realize was the huge construction site right opposite the hotel and the amount of street noise that you heard from this room. I was also peeved that I was unable to get a good nights sleep with all the trucks reversing, people banging. By 2am I gave up and tried to get to sleep. Seriously there should be noise abatement at night in downtown not noise creation. I would stay here again when in town on business, if these minor things hadn't occurred, I'd have happily given a 5 star review.

Room Tip: Get one that doesn't face Colbourne Street
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jezmeister
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hello Jezmeister;

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. Your comments about your stay have made our colleague’s day. This is what we strive for and to have you validate our efforts by sharing your experience is very much appreciated. We will be sure to discuss the concerns you shared regarding your room (the one on the 15th floor) with our maintenance department.

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience during the construction happening around our hotel. Although this construction is out of our control, we still would like to express our sincere apology. We are also almost finished upgrading the entire hotel's Internet access, and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future to see what an improvement this has been for our guests experience!

vancouver
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I usually stay at the Novotel near the St Lawrence market - but i wanted to try something else.

First off - service was great. Front desk, parking attendant, management - amazing.

I had meetings and asked if I could check out late - no problem.

When I realized I needed more room than my suite - they let me use the boardroom.

AWESOME

I had corner suite on 22 floor with wrap around balcony.

Will stay again.

Room Tip: Corner suite
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cogagni
Hello Cogagni;

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about your stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you've made our colleagues day with your positive comments! We strive for great service and excellent experiences and to have you share yours with us is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming on your next trip to Toronto.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This property seemingly dedicated itself to a peaceful experience for its guests. There are Yoga mats in the closet and a fountain too. The elevator has such lovely and relaxing music that I recorded it on my phone! What amazed me the most was the consistency of courteous and helpful staff......no matter what our need, someone very pleasantly did their very best to meet them.....never experienced that level of service anywhere at any price! Special mention to Natalie at the front desk and Rachael in the Wildfire bar, both of whom made us feel enormously special! We loved our little balcony with a view in the distance of Lake Ontario and a close up view of the CN Tower that is lit up at night.

The hotel is the best location for getting around all the Toronto neighborhoods and there are a LOT of restaurants close by. Easy walk to major Sports Centers, Aquarium, CN Tower, St. Lawrence Market and more. We had a rental car and never used it!

My grandson and I have taken a summer trip together to places he's never seen since 2009 and this was the most relaxing of all. The suite (1704) had a pull out sofa that was perfect for him, and the bedroom was perfect for me. The kitchen was nice size and very helpful for our comfort.....not for real cooking, but who wants to cook? Bathroom was very nice size and towels were big and plush. Toiletries very nice.

All that said, if you expect perfection and the latest updates, you may need to select a name brand high rise hotel. If you want a home away from home, this is the place. I am pretty picky about hotel accomodations and I was very happy here. There is a major construction site just across the street and that didn't even bother me......normally that would have been a deal breaker for me. We stayed there 7 nights!

Sending gratitude to all we met at The Cosmopolitan for their lovely care!

Room Tip: A member of the cleaning staff said the rooms that end in 3 or 4 are the best. Some have sleep sofa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chad R, Manager at Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear llgma;

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your week long stay with us at the Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto! We are extremely pleased to hear you and your grandson enjoyed the time spent with us! Your positive remarks regarding our Front Office team has made our colleagues day, thank you!

We appreciate your sincere recommendation and we look forward to welcoming both you and those you refer to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm a 26 year old software developer and needed to stay in the city for a week. This hotel is in the middle of the financial district and while I was there the clients were very "financial district", if that makes any sense.

As far as the hotel is concerned, the rooms were quite nice: Spacious, good view, nice climate controls, nice bathroom. There were some obvious signs of aging: A few doors (bathroom) wouldn't close without a good kick and there were a few (hardly noticeable) scuffs on the wall.

It's in a good location. But I still had a hell of a time finding it. It's on Colborne street, which none of my cab drivers could locate. To help you out: It's across from the Victoria Hotel. Don't look for the lit up green sign they have on all of their promotional media, look for a small white flag with the "tower" logo on in gold writing - or look for the Wildfire sign.

The WiFi was OK. It didn't cover my whole suite, although the desk area had 100% signal strength consistently. The hard-wired ethernet port didn't seem to be hooked up, although I never asked the front desk about it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Brad J;

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, at the Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto. It is always great to hear feedback from our guests to know how your experience was.

Regarding the Internet, we are currently working on an upgrade to our entire system, as we know that it is quite "spotty" and inconsistent, which is unacceptable for our guests. We hope to have this upgrade completed by the end of summer. I have also ensured that our Maintenance team is aware of your comments regarding the condition of your room, so that the team is aware of the imperfections as we are striving to ensure all of our guestrooms are in excellent condition.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future should you require accommodations in the downtown Toronto area!