Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
  • Room Service
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
All reviewswasher dryerfull kitchenyoga matsmall kitchenliving roomlawrence marketstove topfloor to ceiling windowssitting areacn toweryonge streetthe financial districteaton centrevalet parkingking sthockey hall of fameunion station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2009

My boyfriend and I spent a Saturday night at this hotel to celebrate my birthday. The location was great! We were within walking distance from the Eaton Center (10 mins), the Art Gallery of Ontario (20 mins), and tons of shops and restaurants. We arrived at the hotel around 5 pm, and check-in was quick and easy. We were told that we were getting an upgraded room, free of charge. The front desk staff were very helpful. They offered to valet park our car, and were also willing to help with the luggage. Later they even lent us umbrellas that would have cost $25 if we took them from our room. The lobby opened up to the hotel's bar/restaurant, Eight. The dining menu wasn't extensive, but the wine selection was huge, and there was live music the night we stayed. Our room was on the 17th floor, and it was AMAZING. I felt like I could live there. It had all the amenities of home. The bathroom was my favorite, with a huge tiled shower and rain shower head. I also loved that the bedroom was separated from the rest of the room. The photos posted by the hotel are true to what you'll actually see. The mini-bar was stocked with some wine and mini bottles of liquor, and there were some snacks available, but they were expensive! There is a great 24-hour market just a few blocks away that we went to for some drinks and food. We had a fun night out in the city, and our room was a comfortable place to come back to. We were able to get a late check out the next day without a problem.
The one thing I noticed when reading other reviews were some complaints about parking. We found a parking ramp basically right across the street, a half block or so to the left, and were able to park from Saturday afternoon until Sunday at 6 pm for $12. I would recommend parking here instead of doing the valet.
I loved this hotel. It's very trendy, but not in an up-tight way. The staff were helpful and so polite. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kma28
Reviewed 8 March 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Cosmopolitan for our 6 year anniversary. I had booked a superior room with a city view online and made a brief comment that we were celebrating an anniversary and that anything special that they could do to the room would be appreciated. When we arrived 2 hours early we were greeted by an extremely lovely lady named Lucy who had personally read my request. Not only were we checked in early but we received a free upgrade to the best premium suite in the hotel, #4 on the 26th floor. Lucy also informed us that would be able to have a late checkout which we gladly accepted. During our stay we spent some time in the spa and enjoyed a couples massage that was completely tailored to our needs. That evening we ordered room service (which was delicious) and the hotel sent up one more gift. The lovely Lucy had taken the time to write a personal card congratulating us on our anniversary and a box of chocolate dipped strawberries! I almost cried! I have stayed in numerous hotels within Toronto and I am afraid that I have been spoiled and will never be able to enjoy any other hotel again! Thank you Cosmopolitan, thank you Lucy, you made us feel like celebrities and we will be returning very soon!

Katie & Erol

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank komarra
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Great location for our purposes, walking distance to Nathan Philips Square, Theatres, Hockey Hall of Fame and Shopping. The parking was $36/night which is common for overnight in that area, but there should be some discount for being a guest of the hotel. The room was a good size with kitchenette and washer/dryer. Would be great for an extended stay. No city view (looked out onto side street) but there was a balcony which would be nice in summer. We paid $129/night which included breakfast, overall excellent value.

2  Thank lpoel
Reviewed 18 February 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cosmopolitan from February 14-16th for a romantic weekend getaway. Upon arrival, we were checked in a bit early and the front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. We loved the room, it was beautifully designed though there were obvious signs of wear on the inexpensive furniture. The sitting area was nice but style definitely trumps comfort in the rooms. The bed was a bit firm for my liking. Unfortunately, I came down with a horrible case of the flu on Sunday and spent the rest of the trip sick in bed but the hotel staff were AMAZING - even went out to buy me gravol and brought it up to me. Only issue with service was having to ask for towels on two separate occasions before being brought up (once on Saturday with no response and then again on Sunday) but overall the staff was very friendly and accomodating. Location is perfect for scouting the entertainment district and close to the TTC. We will definitely be back again.

4  Thank Courtney D
Reviewed 15 February 2009

We spent 2 wonderful nights at the Toronto Cosmopolitan Hotel & Spa. From the moment we checked in we were greeted with smiles and a friendly front desk staff. They answered all our question including where to get a late night snack due to our arrival time. We were in room 5 on the 26th floor with a fantastic view of the CN Tower. We were impressed with the room layout including the living room, kitchen, and office/bedroom areas. The bathroom was a typical hotel size bathroom, however it had the funky fixtures of a boutique hotel. The bed was a bit on the firm side, but not as hard as a European hotel bed. The TTC entrance is a half a block away, and with a weekend pass costing $9 CAD per day for two adults it was well worth it. One very minor complaint is the city map the hotel gives at the front desk was not the best. However, on our last day we discovered on the second floor all the attraction and city maps that you normally would find in a hotel lobby. Breakfast was the customary continental breakfast, nothing to write home about but it served our needs to get going in the morning. My wife spent the afternoon at the spa and by the end wanted to take home the Masseuse. Upon check out the staff offered to print our boarding passes and arranged a car service pick up which was the same price as a city cab to the airport. Overall a great value especially since we booked a special on Expedia that cost $102 USD a night. If we were in Toronto again we would surely repeat our visit.

3  Thank Case1096