“Short stay in Toronto”

Clinton and Bloor B&B
Ranked #2 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Very clean and confortable room. Many helpful information and kindness from Mr Tan.
Though my flight was in late afternoon and would have to leave the room before noon in a hotel, Mr. Tan allowed me to stay so I could enjoy running in High Park as a last souvenir of Toronto before going back home.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have learnt that one of the most important features of my travels is accommodation. Especially if I am on a work trip. Suite Dreams turned out to be a perfect place and I will go there again I'm sure. It is in a great location with lots of restaurants, and it's also quiet! It's right next to the train station. The rooms are spacious, have large windows (which is very important to me- light),The colors of the room, and the bed sheets- are harmonious and calming. (As an artist- color is extremely important to me, and can make or break atmosphere. This is why I mention it). There is a perfect balance of privacy - also very important for concentration, and hospitality. Balance is something we all strive for, and Suite Dreams has the perfect balance between all these points, and more. Mr. Tan is the perfect host. (this is starting to sound as if someone is paying me to write it! it just IS a great place) He is extremely polite, nice, easygoing, flexible, and accommodating. For instance, I don't have breakfast, that was fine with him, he even was willing to consider this in the price. I later learned that he will "scan and comb" all of Toronto for you if you have a specific request for breakfast. He does this out of a pleasure in hosting, and also- out of genuine curiosity to learn about people, which is - an art in itself. I appreciate artistry and this place treats guests with the fine tuning of an artist.
The place is meticulously clean. We even had a very interesting conversation about the art of keeping a place clean- a subject which fascinates me because it is such hard work. Mr. Tan has an interesting philosophy about cleanliness.
If you find the practice of taking your shoes off (the only requirement of guests other than not smoking) when coming in awkward, don't worry, one gets used to it very fast, and it does keep the quiet, which is nice. Just make sure to bring light slippers.
The most enjoyable part of my trip was Suite Dreams, because it made me free to concentrate on my work. This is very valuable to me, Thank you so much!

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the upper suite where I stayed. I asked to look at the other rooms on the second fl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed at A Suite Dreams B&B for 5 days during my move from the US to Toronto. Mr. Tan is genuinely helpful, warm and knowledgeable host. He generously offered his garage for us to park our car and put our stuff. He also upgraded us to the Garden Suite upstairs with no charge at all! We arrived earlier than we said - he even ran out from his daughter's house to get us the door and let us settle. Needless to say, he offered excellent help during the move by giving us tips around the city, eating places, movers etc. Anyone coming to Toronto should have a good chat with Mr. Tan as he knows so much about the city, and other countries (US, Singapore, China...). His personal story can be even more interesting than the neat and nice bed and breakfast. Enjoy your stay with him!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed with my husband 4 nights in this BB and we loved it!! Specially the extraordinary attention and recommendations from Mr. Albert!! The BB is perfectly located and the rooms and main house are very clean and super cozy. We will return definitely next year!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I spent many hours looking for accommodation for our first visit to Canada. I hit the jackpot first time! Our two night stay with Albert was faultless. What a gent and he made our stay wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble. The breakfasts were great, the room huge and the en-suite spotless. He arrange our trip to Niagara Falls. Kept us informed of time changes for the trip. We had a late departure for our train journey across the country and were able to leave our luggage whilst we shopped for the day! I wont need to waste time again finding somewhere to stay when we visit Toronto again, A Suite Dreams will be our port of call.
Sue J

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I could go on and on for days about all of the many reasons Mr. Tan’s exquisite B&B remains the absolute best lodging option in the entire Greater Toronto Area, but one can read through all of the nearly 400 positive reviews here or simply link to my previous reviews for the scoop on all of those details. The purpose of this particular review is to simply convey to fellow travelers how important it is to consider repeat business and referrals when evaluating your lodging choices. My family has stayed with Mr. Tan 8 separate times in 3 of his 4 rooms over the last 2 years. My personal standards are very high (off the carts actually), and Suite Dreams has always delivered time and time again, which is why I have never considered another lodging after having discovered this wonderful B&B. I referred other family members to Suite Dreams when they were visiting Toronto, and they were as impressed with their stay as I have always been with all 8 of mine. One simply cannot do any better than Suite Dreams B&B. Mr. Tan is the most accommodating and gracious host you’ll ever meet. It’s abundantly clear he is concerned about providing exceptional service in everything he does for his guests, and it shows. Mr. Tan is a true gentleman, and we are very honored to be able to consider him a good friend. Suite Dreams is ranked number 1 for good reason, and I’ll guarantee that you’ll agree with the ranking following your stay. In fact, you’ll more than likely recall later how everything about Suite Dreams made your visit to Toronto truly exceptional. Although the personal business that brought us to visit Toronto many times is nearing its end for a while, we have grown to love the city and will return soon. When we do, I will spend zero time looking for lodging and will simply contact my friend, Mr. Tan!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I arrived on Christmas Day and stayed for one night. My husband's family live a nearby so it was a perfect location for us, just up from Bloor and close to Christie subway station. Albert, our host, was very hospitable and the accommodation felt relaxed and calm with everything scrupulously clean and well set up. We especially appreciated the free wi-fi. We will stay again when we are next in Toronto.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family