“Thank you Suite Dreams and Albert”

Clinton and Bloor B&B
Ranked #2 of 117 Toronto B&B and Inns
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Thank you Suite Dreams and Albert”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I come to Toronto regularly to visit my daughter who lives there. I usually stay in a four or five star hotel downtown but decided not to on this occasion. I went through Trip Advisor and was impressed with the comments on Suite Dreams so booked myself and my daughter in for five days.

Albert's precision with our booking before our arrival was typical of his minute attention to detail. We received explicit instructions regarding directions to a Suite Dreams from the airport, things to do while in the City, things to look out for etc.

Albert's kind but not overbearing attention was so appreciated. Over breakfast we would get the world put to rights. Breakfast was so delicious - fresh fruit salad cut into bit size pieces, followed by perfect scrambled egg and crunchy toast. I have suggested Albert start putting together his wisdom gathered over the years having raised three daughters, changed country how many times, started anew etc etc. He is inspirational.

A Suite Dreams is impeccable - you literally could eat off the floor! You are given your front door key when you arrive. Whenever we came back from a day out and about, the calm, bright interior of the house gave you a good feeling as you walked through the door. Very quiet too.

Nothing was too much trouble for Albert. We will definitely be returning. He deserves his 5 star rating!

Thank you Albert.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at the back - cannot remember if it was Sun Rise Suite or Sun Set Suite! Whiche...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kate m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Hebrew first
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Although we have used B&B's on our European travels, my husband and I had never stayed at a B&B in Toronto before (we live close to the city). The hotel we would normally stay at in the city was fully booked so we read through the reviews for "A Suite Dream" and decided we would give it a try.

Mr. Tan was indeed the highlight of our stay. He is gracious, warm and welcoming. We enjoyed talking to him at breakfast and seemed to sincerely like visiting with his guests.

Our suite (The Cathedral Suite) was very clean and comfortable.

We were pleasantly surprised and would recommend Mr. Tan's B&B.

Room Tip: We only saw the Cathedral Suite so can recommend it. It was large and well appointed.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We recently stayed a Suite Dreams during a long weekend visiting friends in Toronto, and were very happy with our stay. Although it lacked a little in character and uniqueness, the B&B was ideally located for our purposes, run by an exceptionally gracious and accommodating host, and very clean. We particularly enjoyed the breakfasts, which were varied, abundant and catered to our needs (gluten-free). While we could hear the guest upstairs, the room was comfortable and overall very quiet, and made for restful nights. We would definitely recommend Suite Dreams and look forward to staying there again on a future trip.

Room Tip: Choose the top room if you can, so as not to hear other guests from below.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Annecy, France
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Very clean and confortable room. Many helpful information and kindness from Mr Tan.
Though my flight was in late afternoon and would have to leave the room before noon in a hotel, Mr. Tan allowed me to stay so I could enjoy running in High Park as a last souvenir of Toronto before going back home.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have learnt that one of the most important features of my travels is accommodation. Especially if I am on a work trip. Suite Dreams turned out to be a perfect place and I will go there again I'm sure. It is in a great location with lots of restaurants, and it's also quiet! It's right next to the train station. The rooms are spacious, have large windows (which is very important to me- light),The colors of the room, and the bed sheets- are harmonious and calming. (As an artist- color is extremely important to me, and can make or break atmosphere. This is why I mention it). There is a perfect balance of privacy - also very important for concentration, and hospitality. Balance is something we all strive for, and Suite Dreams has the perfect balance between all these points, and more. Mr. Tan is the perfect host. (this is starting to sound as if someone is paying me to write it! it just IS a great place) He is extremely polite, nice, easygoing, flexible, and accommodating. For instance, I don't have breakfast, that was fine with him, he even was willing to consider this in the price. I later learned that he will "scan and comb" all of Toronto for you if you have a specific request for breakfast. He does this out of a pleasure in hosting, and also- out of genuine curiosity to learn about people, which is - an art in itself. I appreciate artistry and this place treats guests with the fine tuning of an artist.
The place is meticulously clean. We even had a very interesting conversation about the art of keeping a place clean- a subject which fascinates me because it is such hard work. Mr. Tan has an interesting philosophy about cleanliness.
If you find the practice of taking your shoes off (the only requirement of guests other than not smoking) when coming in awkward, don't worry, one gets used to it very fast, and it does keep the quiet, which is nice. Just make sure to bring light slippers.
The most enjoyable part of my trip was Suite Dreams, because it made me free to concentrate on my work. This is very valuable to me, Thank you so much!

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the upper suite where I stayed. I asked to look at the other rooms on the second fl...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed at A Suite Dreams B&B for 5 days during my move from the US to Toronto. Mr. Tan is genuinely helpful, warm and knowledgeable host. He generously offered his garage for us to park our car and put our stuff. He also upgraded us to the Garden Suite upstairs with no charge at all! We arrived earlier than we said - he even ran out from his daughter's house to get us the door and let us settle. Needless to say, he offered excellent help during the move by giving us tips around the city, eating places, movers etc. Anyone coming to Toronto should have a good chat with Mr. Tan as he knows so much about the city, and other countries (US, Singapore, China...). His personal story can be even more interesting than the neat and nice bed and breakfast. Enjoy your stay with him!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed with my husband 4 nights in this BB and we loved it!! Specially the extraordinary attention and recommendations from Mr. Albert!! The BB is perfectly located and the rooms and main house are very clean and super cozy. We will return definitely next year!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business