“relaxed and perfectly located in Toronto”

Clinton and Bloor B&B
Ranked #2 of 117 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2013

If you are looking for a comfortable, quiet, and perfectly located B&B in Toronto this is the place! It has the quaint intimacy of a B&B, a wonderful host, Albert, who is helpful, cooks a great breakfast, and gives you your own space, and a location around the corner from Christie subway station, which makes anywhere in downtown Toronto only 5 to 10 minutes away. Somewhat surprised by a couple of complaints by other people posting. It is not the Hilton, with a 42" TV screen and an anonymous atmosphere; it is a B&B that is somebody's home and has the simplicity and relaxed friendliness that implies. We stayed in the upstairs room at the front of the house and it was really very quiet, even though the Japanese, Chinese and Korean restaurants on Bloor St are literally around the corner. A great location. The "no shoes in the house" policy is very civilised, and I plan on implementing it at home! We will certainly be returning.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clinton and Bloor B&B

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Spotless place with a nice breakfast selection. Albert does whatever it takes to make his guests comfortable and welcome. The "no shoes in the house" policy is quaint, but if you go in and out a lot (like I did) it can become tedious. That's not a complaint, I'm just trying to find something that might help anyone else who chooses Suite Dreams. I would stay there again if I ever find myself in Toronto.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife & spent two nights at Suite Dreams B&B on our first visit to Toronto. Our stay was very comfortable & Albert was very accomodating & helpful. Being unfamilar with Toronto, Mr Tan set up a Downtown Toronto tour for us that enabled us to discover places that we would not have know about otherwise. The room was quiet, warm, & very comfortable (it was cold & snowy outside). Mr Tan provided us with an excellent breakfast each morning at a time of our choosing. The location provides an excellent base for exploring downtown Toronto as it is only one block from the subway station (Toronto has a great transit system!). Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This B&B was the perfect fit for me...as I was in a two day conference(which was a 10 min walk from B&B to conference)...I flew in from Calgary took the bus to subway...straight to Christie Station....then literately a 3min walk to Suite Dreams B&B excellent direction from Albert....The location was right off Bloor St, there were lots of grocery,food,n coffee shops all in walking distant...I felt safe walking early mornings n late evenings!.....Every morning Albert was ready to take my order n promptly made my Breakfast....if I was coming back on business, this would be my first choice!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We chose this B&B for the location, on Bloor in Koreatown, fun to walk around, lots of great sushi restaurants and fresh markets.
The best way to describe the place is that it is home away from home. The rooms are basically like a bedroom in your house, the breakfast like breakfast at home.
Considering the price, I don't believe this is good value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gdylee
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This place was a tremendous disappointment! I have had many success stories thanks to the reviews from this site, but this one really missed the mark. Considering this B&B's prices are comparable to many moderate-priced hotels, I would seriously consider going with the hotel.
Most concerning...

The bedding: old, squeaky & uncomfortable, way below standard.
The linens & towels: old and worn, below standard.
The water pressure: pathetic, not acceptable.
Internet: free but spotty signal and the TV??? Ridiculous! Reminded me of a European hotel room from 20 years ago.

Now, the owner/host is very personable and the neighborhood is very convenient to many fun spots. Parking is easy and relatively cheap, $10/day. And if you like the feel of staying in a house rather than a hotel, then maybe you'd like this place. Expect to hear a lot more noise from the other guests since you are in a bedroom in a home, rather than a more secure hotel room.

Truly, I really cannot believe this place got so many favorable reviews. My first trip advisor failure!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Suitedreamshost, Owner at Clinton and Bloor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Evan,
Thank you for your input and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our location. We are disappointed that our B&B did not meet your satisfaction. We take pride in our accommodations and appreciate any opportunities to improve. All concerns mentioned have been addressed and we welcome you back for a complimentary stay. Had you brought your concerns to my attention during your stay, I would have addressed them immediately.

Thank you again for the opportunity to improve the comfort for our valued guests.

Albert Tan
Owner, Suite Dreams Toronto B&B

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Mr. Tan helped make my 1st trip to Toronto a most enjoyable experience. Perfect room, great location, lovely breakfast, good conversation - everything you want from a B&B. Mr. Tan's warm welcome and helpful suggestions make the Suite Dreams a keeper.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo